Mid July Class Prediction Thread

TNHopeful505

Eh, these are fun. I see us taking more than 25 again. I see there being a lot of attrition this offseason. I think after two seasons, Butch will know who just isn't cutting it, and some guys will see it. So, I'm going to assume we take 29.

QB - Jennings, Dormady, Gibson
RB - Kamara, Reid
WR - Williams, Jefferson
TE - Oliver
OL - Richmond, Lovingood, Jones, Stewart, Jackson, Hall
DL - McKenzie, Picou, Butcher, Phillips, Tuttle, Clemmons, DJ Jones (3 DTs, 3 DEs)
LB - Austin Smith, Cecil Cherry, Sapp
DB - Ordway, Justin Martin, McGraw
ATH - Bruce
P - Townsend

I'm going to guess that Griffin and Woods aren't a part of this class. No real reason, just guesses. Like everything else on this board.

Reactions: 5 people
And that would be one of the most awesome defensive classes we've ever had on paper. 10 4* I believe. Maybe 9....but that's for when Kahlil goes to a 5*.

Reactions: 1 person
Tap the brakes a little bit. But just a little bit.:cool:

It definitely sounds like most of that is possible.

Reports are Van Jefferson is all ours.

Richmond I think is going to be a Vol if Kahlil has anything to say about it.

Tuttle just moved up his commitment date, and Swain said things are looking "Veerrryy good" for the Vols there.

D.J. Jones and Butch have a longstanding relationship that I'm not sure he'll ignore.

I mean, McGraw is probably the longest shot on that list. And even that's not a long shot anymore.

Martin is a Vol if we want him. Ordway is looking very good to be ours.

Gibson is ours unless we don't want him.

Don't see how I'm too far off.

Reactions: 8 people
Really want to see an elite CB jump in at some point and some more OL help.

Abernathy might jump on. But unless we can swing Ugo Amadi, I don't see us getting on with a "elite" CB since McFadden cut us.

OL will be alright. It's a young line, remember. Jones, Stewart, Lovingood, Hall are a good start. If Dylan Jackson converts like people think he will, and we land Richmond, that's a solid class at OL.

As it stands now, here is my prediction if we take 26 (just a random number).

QB - Dormady, Jennings
RB - Kamara, Reid
WR - Williams, Jefferson, Bruce
TE - Oliver
OL - Richmond, Jones, Stewart, Hall, Jackson
DL - McKenzie, Picou, Butcher, Phillips, Tuttle
DB - Ordway, Griffin, another CB (I guess Martin)
P - Townsend
LS - Lovingood

Don't think we'll take too many DL, for a few reasons. 1. They won't choose us for depth concerns with last year's huge DL class.
2. Butch will spread them out a little more amongst the classes.

I don't think we end up with Sweat (DE), Love (RB), or Jones (DT). Olenga could throw a wrench in my prediction, but I don't know enough about him, so I'd rather take Kyle Phillips.

Reactions: 2 people
If I made any changes to what I predicted in the OP, I'd say we don't get one of Clemmons or Jones, and keep Griffin. Seems the staff likes Griffin, and I could see us taking 4 DBs. But if Jones wants to come, you take him. McKenzie, Tuttle and DJ Jones is as good as it gets.

Which is reported to have grade issues if any at all? Tuttle or Settle and which would you guys rather have?

Really want to see an elite CB jump in at some point and some more OL help.
Amen. I think next class jones will focus on OL since the DL seems like it's about set. We have some good prospects with Jones and Richmond but some more big boys is never a bad thing. We need more Corners as well. Sutton is the only big name guy I can think of.

Which is reported to have grade issues if any at all? Tuttle or Settle and which would you guys rather have?

I really don't think we get Settle. I think Tuttle and McKenzie are the main ones. Though Settle still has us in his top 3, so we must not have dropped him. Kahlil sounds like he's gonna work on getting Settle too.

Reactions: 3 people
Eh, these are fun. I see us taking more than 25 again. I see there being a lot of attrition this offseason. I think after two seasons, Butch will know who just isn't cutting it, and some guys will see it. So, I'm going to assume we take 29.

RB - Kamara, Reid
WR - Williams, Jefferson
TE - Oliver
DL - McKenzie, Picou, Butcher, Phillips, Tuttle, Clemmons, DJ Jones (3 DTs, 3 DEs)
ATH - Bruce
P - Townsend

I'm going to guess that Griffin and Woods aren't a part of this class. No real reason, just guesses. Like everything else on this board.

Now stick your predictions into the 247 class calculator and tell me what our score would be in comparison to the top 5 right now

I really don't think we get Settle. I think Tuttle and McKenzie are the main ones. Though Settle still has us in his top 3, so we must not have dropped him. Kahlil sounds like he's gonna work on getting Settle too.

Okay. I think settle is way overrated. I agree. I think we get Tuttle especially the North Carolina deal with academics. Let's hope so. Go Vols

RB - Kamara, Reid
WR - Williams, Jefferson
TE - Oliver
ATH - Bruce
P - Townsend

Cynical posters will sneer at this list but it is not implausible at all...It is optimistic but why shouldn't we be? We have a ton of momentum right now.

If I'm Kahlil McKenzie, I'm going up to Drew Richmond, and I'm saying...

"You see what I just did at the Opening? Would you like to play with me, or be on the other side of me?"

Richmond = Instant Commit.

Reactions: 4 people
Cynical posters will sneer at this list but it is not implausible at all...It is optimistic but why shouldn't we be? We have a ton of momentum right now.

Like I said, on that list, D.J. Jones and Rico McGraw are the only "long shots."

And D.J. has a LONG relationship with Butch, and Butch helped put him at the CC he's at.

Rico has already been on campus multiple times, and is friends with a lot of our players.

Tuttle is no longer a long shot in my mind. Settle is, but that's because I think we backed off.

Gibson, I think it's safe to say...nobody has a clue what's gonna happen with him. I'd like to think if he commits you take an athlete like him, but I don't think he wants to give up the dream of playing QB just yet. I think we're telling him that we'll give him a shot, but he may be moved to WR or DB. I think he's weighing that against places where he would be guaranteed to be at QB all 4 years. Not sure.

Reactions: 2 people
If I'm Kahlil McKenzie, I'm going up to Drew Richmond, and I'm saying...

"You see what I just did at the Opening? Would you like to play with me, or be on the other side of me?"

Richmond = Instant Commit.
I think Richmond is more of a vols lean than the "experts" think. I hope Kahlils ranking is bumped on ALL recruiting sites. Dude is a boss

Btw....every time I read "Justin Martin" I keep thinking that Martin from Duck Dynasty is coming to play for us. I mean, I knew he was a big fan, but impressed that a guy his size could move fast enough to play DB. He's a lineman if anything.

I think Richmond is more of a vols lean than the "experts" think. I hope Kahlils ranking is bumped on ALL recruiting sites. Dude is a boss

I think Richmond is already a Vol. Whether he's "officially" made up his mind or not, I don't see him going anywhere else.

I think Richmond is already a Vol. Whether he's "officially" made up his mind or not, I don't see him going anywhere else.

Yep especially since Kahlil committed to us. Is there a date for his commitment? I know Jefferson commits in July and Sapp is supposed to commit soon I think (don't quote me on sapp)

VN Store

Back