ESPN - The Opening: Five bold predictions (McKenzie)

Snakebrown13

NCAAF The Opening: Five bold predictions - ESPN

#BucketGang heads to Knoxville

No. 95 ranked Kahlil McKenzie is one of five players scheduled to make their college commitments at The Opening, and the four-star defensive tackle has had his sights set on both Arizona and Tennessee for quite some time. The battle to land McKenzie, the son of Oakland Raiders general manager and former Tennessee legend Reggie McKenzie, has been one of the most fascinating stories to follow throughout the spring because both Arizona and Tennessee have taken their recruiting efforts to social media. Last week, Matt Dudek, Arizona's director of on-campus recruiting, tweeted graphics that compared Butch Jones and Rich Rodriguez's success as head coaches. Plus, McKenzie likes to wear bucket hats and uses the hashtag #BucketGang in almost all of his tweets. So the Vols coaches have sent McKenzie pictures of a Tennessee bucket hat all over campus. They even got Peyton Manning and Jon Gruden to wear it. In the end, the family connections are going to be too tough for McKenzie to pass up. Look for the McKenize -- and #BucketGang -- to commit to Tennessee.

Reactions: 40 people
The only thing bold about that write up is having McKenzie ranked as the 95th player in the nation. Smh

Reactions: 22 people
Rich Rods biggest resume bullet is that he singlehandedly took down Michigan Football and destroyed the program...His Dooleyism!

CBJ hasn't left every program better off than when he arrived!

Reactions: 5 people
What site, in you guys opinion has the most accurate recruiting info?

When did Reggie McKenzie become a "former" Tennessee legend? Still a legend in my book.

Reactions: 10 people
ESPN seems increasingly geared toward the casual fan. Their info will seem either out of date or be common knowledge for someone who avidly follows recruiting. They weren't always like that.

Try to imagine the pride that Reggie will feel if Khalil picks Tn. Would have to be a great feeling for a father to have his son follow in his footsteps. BTW, if Khalil picks UT, VN needs to be extra nice to him in case his younger bro is also a top player (may want him a couple of years). Just being selfish:)

Reactions: 4 people
I don't give a damn if he is rated the 595th player, as long as he can put the heat on the QB.

What other kids are scheduled to make announcements and are we in on any of them?

Rich Rods biggest resume bullet is that he singlehandedly took down Michigan Football and destroyed the program...His Dooleyism!

CBJ hasn't left every program better off than when he arrived!

Rich Rods biggest résumé killer for me is how he trashed WVU on his way out the door. Mountaineer fans hate for that guy makes it look like we love the Kifster.

The way he did all that left me with absolutely zero respect for him. I must say that I enjoyed watching him fall on his face at UM.

2nd on my filthiest coaches list is Dennis Franchione. As bad as I hate Abalama, watching that sack of filth talk/manipulate all those kids into riding out the sanctions as he was planning a golden parachute to TAMU, was hard to bear. Fortunately, it turned out to be a lead parachute.

Kiffin, Francione, Rod ... Dang, is this a sign not to trash one group on your way up the coaching ladder?

Rant over.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back