Interesting comment on Butch Vs. Dooley...

ChiroVol

Ran across this 247 article this morning and I read a sentence that floored me.....

"Howie DeCristofaro, who coaches Sapp and three-star 2015 guard Nick Wilson at Atlanta-area Milton High School and has sent multiple players to Tennessee and other SEC programs over the past several years, said the Vols aren’t working any harder in the Atlanta area under Jones than they did under Dooley."

....Whaaaaaaaaaa? I find this extremely hard to believe but hey who knows. Maybe Dooley only threw himself onto a few schools and hung on for dear life. What are y'alls thoughts?

Tennessee Vols football recruiting: Georgia on Tennessee's Mind

Reactions: 2 people
Well the Dooley name is a good one in Georgia that doesn't surprise he tried To capitalize on that.

But it also says...

But DeCristofaro didn’t disagree with the suggestion that Tennessee is landing better players from the Atlanta area than they have in recent years.
“I haven’t really noticed any difference (in work ethic),” said DeCristofaro, who coached Vols freshman tailback Treyvon Paulk in high school. “The previous staff that was there worked just as hard as the staff does now. Coach Thigpen does a great job here, but Coach (Sal) Sunseri did a great job, too. I think some kids always want to play for Tennessee.
“But I will say that I think Coach Jones is doing a better job of recruiting the upper-tier kids rather than the second-tier kids, and he’s getting some of them. He and his staff are doing a great job.”

Reactions: 2 people
To me it just points out the fact that Dooley sucked at recruiting. Many state that he just didn't care about recruiting and I think that this proves that false...he just DID NOT GET IT. haha I can play 54 holes of golf everyday...but I ain't winning the Masters.

I remember Dooley recruiting Georgia pretty hard, actually. Several of his best recruits were from GA.

It's Tennessee that he ignored entirely.

Reactions: 8 people
Well the Dooley name is a good one in Georgia that doesn't surprise he tried To capitalize on that.

But it also says...

Yeah I saw that after posting this but it goes back to the fact that some people just have that innate ability to develop relationships with these kids. Ergo... Butch Has It. Butch Gets It.

But it also says...

“But I will say that I think Coach Jones is doing a better job of recruiting the upper-tier kids rather than the second-tier kids, and he’s getting some of them. He and his staff are doing a great job.”

This is the key difference.....

Reactions: 9 people
Everything wasn't Dooley's fault. He wasn't up for the job, and it's pretty obvious that he was an arrogant snob with a privleged past, and that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but it was a mess when he got there. Fulmer was tired and worn to a nub from the work he did in the 90's. He let the talent level drop to emergy levels. The Kiffin mess made it worse. Hopefully Butch will bring us back.

Reactions: 1 person
Ran across this 247 article this morning and I read a sentence that floored me.....

"Howie DeCristofaro, who coaches Sapp and three-star 2015 guard Nick Wilson at Atlanta-area Milton High School and has sent multiple players to Tennessee and other SEC programs over the past several years, said the Vols aren’t working any harder in the Atlanta area under Jones than they did under Dooley."

....Whaaaaaaaaaa? I find this extremely hard to believe but hey who knows. Maybe Dooley only threw himself onto a few schools and hung on for dear life. What are y'alls thoughts?

I can call BS on that article with the info in the 1st few lines. The fact that the coaches even claim to know who Dooley was tells me it's BS. :)

Reactions: 7 people
I didn't really read that as an insult towards the current staff as much as a compliment towards Dooley's staff.

He publicly made Georgia a priority when he was hired...no shock that he visibly put work in there...he just had tunnel vision and safe contacts in his home state and didn't branch out like you have to do at Tennessee...thus lack of overall success.

Dooley worked hard but not smart and had an inferiority complex. He worked hard in GA but ignored Nashville, VA and NC for most part. He worked hard in GA but on the guys he didn't have to battle for

Alvin Kamara
Andrew Butcher
Austin Smith
Preston Willams
Josh Dobbs
Ryan Jenkins
Cam Sutton
Berry Bros.
Cortez McDowell
Treyvon Paulk

I just can't wait for Butch to start working hard in Georgia.

Reactions: 6 people
Butch doesn't have to work hard in Georgia. He built a fence and a pipeline that Dooley never could. He basically says "Do you want to play for TN?" and these kids are saying yes. Dooley had to work twice as hard for what he got in Georgia because he was asking questions like "What kind of soap do you use in the shower? We don't need any staff infections around here" :p

There are many souls who spend all their efforts on the pretty girl and never get past the friend zone...

There are some who put in a little effort and get it all...

Execution means just as much as effort.

I'm gonna pistol whip the next person that says "Dooley."

tumblr_ls001rcQug1qg78udo1_500.gif

Dooley

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back