Recruiting Winners

tn4elvis

I like it that we are sigNing and recruiting players from winning high school programs.Give me all the kids we can get from get from these programs and I will show you a winning football team.Ensworth, Ba, Oakland, Bufford, Norcross,Creekside, ect.We are getting kids from programs that win year in and year out.I like it we are targeting these type of kids from winning programs.Winning breads winning.Thoughts

Reactions: 2 people
Can't help but think if 2 players are of equal ability we take the one from the better program.Sure is nice to have recruiting in roads to some of these traditional power house high school programs.Almost forgot Maryville.Sorry Dylan.

This maybe a dumb question but what are the most powerhouse high schools in the country? Are we getting kids from these programs?

Reactions: 1 person
Yep it's much easier when you don't have to teach kids how to win and they already know how. It's typically a good sign of leadership.

Yep it's much easier when you don't have to teach kids how to win and they already know how. It's typically a good sign of leadership.

That's what I am saying .These kids are use to winning and know what it takes to win.Both during a game and in the off season.I agree these kids are well coached coming out of high school and should be ready to contribute early

This maybe a dumb question but what are the most powerhouse high schools in the country? Are we getting kids from these programs?

De La Salle in CA is definitely one of the best. That's where Kahlil McKenzie was until he transferred recently...It's great to establish relationships at the elite programs and that can't help but pay dividends at some point but it's true that some programs such as Maryville are of such quality that their players achieve their full potential while still in high school and that makes them great high school players but not major college prospects. Maryville may be the best public High School program in Tennessee but it will never be a hot bed for football talent.

OP. What do you think about NFL team who draft or sign a UT player who has not seen a winning season in three years?

De La Salle in CA is definitely one of the best. That's where Kahlil McKenzie was until he transferred recently...It's great to establish relationships at the elite programs and that can't help but pay dividends at some point but it's true that some programs such as Maryville are of such quality that their players achieve their full potential while still in high school and that makes them great high school players but not major college prospects. Maryville may be the best public High School program in Tennessee but it will never be a hot bed for football talent.

Does anyone know why Kahlil transferred?

I agree op but i also love that we are recruiting high character kids for the most part. A winning mentality on and off the field. These will be teams that we as fans can really be proud of.

I like it that we are sigNing and recruiting players from winning high school programs.Give me all the kids we can get from get from these programs and I will show you a winning football team.Ensworth, Ba, Oakland, Bufford, Norcross,Creekside, ect.We are getting kids from programs that win year in and year out.I like it we are targeting these type of kids from winning programs.Winning breads winning.Thoughts

I'm a big fan of winning bread

Attachments

• winning bread.jpg
    winning bread.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 4 people

Never is a pretty long time.

OP. What do you think about NFL team who draft or sign a UT player who has not seen a winning season in three years?

I would ask a ton of questions and do extensive background check. Losing teams have great players. The problem is you need more kids like them that know how to win. We had too many that were ok with losing that outweighed the ones that are sick when they lose

Hope they can develope the winning metality.Some go to losing teams and just keep on losing.

We are brining kids now in that are the azz kickers instead of the receivers, we are not bringing in many project players that need to redshirt they can play now.

I'm really excited to see Butch and his staff recruiting the instate kids like they are. The local kids really knows the pride of wearing the Orange.

We are brining kids now in that are the azz kickers instead of the receivers, we are not bringing in many project players that need to redshirt they can play now.
Love the quote TP.It's always better to give than too receive.

I'm really excited to see Butch and his staff recruiting the instate kids like they are. The local kids really knows the pride of wearing the Orange.
Me too.If Butch can keep a lot of the mid state kids home, steal one or 2 a year out of Memphis, and cherry pick the rest of the state we gonna be ok:)

Me too.If Butch can keep a lot of the mid state kids home, steal one or 2 a year out of Memphis, and cherry pick the rest of the state we gonna be ok:)

That is why job number 1 for Butch Jones after he accepted the position was to establish good relationships with the state of Tennessee high school coaches.

Population growth has raised the in-state level of talent to a much higher level than it as ten years ago. And though you may not think much of the talent at Maryville, trying to catch up with them has had much to do with that. And it wasn't George Quarrels that turned that program around back in the mid to late '90s. It was his predecessor.

Edit: Sorry Elvis, that was someone else.

Last edited:
Coach Hammontree that use to be an assistant at Rhea County under the late Bill Horton was who turned Maryville back into a perinIal state power again.He was their right before Quarles came.Funny story I know a guy that played at MS for Quarles and he told me they really only have about 7 running plays and about 5 pass plays.He said Quarles just runs those 12 or so plays out of 50 or 60 different formations.Thought that was interesting.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back