Athlete
Kentwood, Louisiana
Kentwood
View Map
Ht:5'10"
Wt:181 lbs
40:4.4 secs
Class:2016 (High School)

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Shyheim-Carter-154093

Shyheim Carter

Shyheim Carter - Hudl

Carter camped today at UT.

Carter said he wants to visit again and he has several other trips planned to see more SEC and Big 12 schools

-Fortenberry

Kentwood, La. may be known by man as the hometown of Britney Spears, but for college football coaches it's known as the home of one of the best athletes in the class of 2016 in Shyheim Carter.

The 5-10, 180 pound athlete was on Tennessee's campus Monday for camp and was impressed with what he saw and with his interaction with the coaching staff.

"Me and the coaches have a good relationship. They loved me out there. I did well and they want me to come back. Saturday was really the first time that I really got to know them," Carter said. "I will be back up here to visit again.

"I would like to come back for a game this fall."

Carter has also camped this summer at Clemson, Alabama and Georgia. He plans on returning to see the Tide in July. He would also like to make a southwest swing to see LSU, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Right now only the return trip to Alabama is set up.

Carter said he had long wanted to see the Vols and his first trip to Rocky Toop exceeded his expectations.

"Everything about them. I love them," Carter said of the Vols. "I have watched them on television the last few years. I like the school academically, sports wise as well. There's a lot to like about them."
-VolQuest

Reactions: 1 person
#47 in Rivals 100.

Didn't realize he was committed to the red team.

Last edited:
LSU bound tho.

@tdstake: Don't be surprised if Shyheim Carter ends up with #Bama rival #LSU, further enhancing what folks in Baton Rouge refer to as #DBU.

That would make sense but ole homer Rusty Mansell has them dawg fans all riled up thinking he is a dawg lock. Even if he commits to UGA at some point I'd watch LSU that whole time for a Louisiana boy. They always tend to steal them late and if they lose thems it's to Bama not UGA

That would make sense but ole homer Rusty Mansell has them dawg fans all riled up thinking he is a dawg lock. Even if he commits to UGA at some point I'd watch LSU that whole time for a Louisiana boy. They always tend to steal them late and if they lose thems it's to Bama not UGA

Nothing new there with Mansell and Rowe.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back