Wt:180 lbs
40:4.7 secs
Vertical:34 inches

JaVaughn Craig - Hudl

★★★☆☆ 247

☆☆☆☆☆ JaVaughn Craig - Yahoo! Sports

☆☆☆☆☆ JaVaughn Craig - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Was at the Gruden camp.

Kids film looks good. What kind of competition does McCallie play?

Last edited:
A rising junior quarterback from McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tenn., who attended Tennessee's quarterback camp Saturday says he's drawing early interest from the Vols.

Full article up on 247

Kids film looks good. What kind of competition does McCallie play?

They play Baylor, Ensworth, Father Ryan, Brentwood Academy, MBA, BGA, etc. in conference and usually schedule at least one good team from around the region.

Also, they have one of the best coaches in this area. Just FYI.

@redzonescores

Last edited:
The rising junior quarterback from McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tenn., attended Tennessee’s new quarterback camp, “The Arsenal,” on Saturday in hopes of earning an offer from his home-state school, and he said he received encouraging feedback from Vols coach Butch Jones’ staff.
Craig said he also enjoyed working with former Super Bowl champion coach Jon Gruden, who served as a guest instructor at the camp.
“Everything went amazing,” said Craig, who’s drawing early interest from Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Mississippi State and Louisville. “Being able to look at the facilities, be inside Neyland Stadium, get coached up by the best quarterback coach in history, Jon Gruden, and the best college coach, Butch Jones, it’s pretty sweet.
“(I grew up) wishing that one day I would be able to play for Tennessee. It’s kind of amazing knowing that I could come up here and do so good and get recognition.”
The 6-foot-2, 177-pound Craig — who claims to have been timed at 4.61 seconds in the 40-yard dash — said he’s already planning to return to Tennessee on Thursday to participate in the Vols’ first major high-school camp of the summer.

GoVols247

The rising junior quarterback from McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tenn., attended Tennessee’s new quarterback camp, “The Arsenal,” on Saturday in hopes of earning an offer from his home-state school, and he said he received encouraging feedback from Vols coach Butch Jones’ staff.
Craig said he also enjoyed working with former Super Bowl champion coach Jon Gruden, who served as a guest instructor at the camp.
“Everything went amazing,” said Craig, who’s drawing early interest from Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Mississippi State and Louisville. “Being able to look at the facilities, be inside Neyland Stadium, get coached up by the best quarterback coach in history, Jon Gruden, and the best college coach, Butch Jones, it’s pretty sweet.
“(I grew up) wishing that one day I would be able to play for Tennessee. It’s kind of amazing knowing that I could come up here and do so good and get recognition.”
The 6-foot-2, 177-pound Craig — who claims to have been timed at 4.61 seconds in the 40-yard dash — said he’s already planning to return to Tennessee on Thursday to participate in the Vols’ first major high-school camp of the summer.

GoVols247

Hmmmm... may like TN, IMO

Reactions: 4 people
They play Baylor, Ensworth, Father Ryan, Brentwood Academy, MBA, BGA, etc. in conference and usually schedule at least one good team from around the region.

Also, they have one of the best coaches in this area. Just FYI.

@redzonescores

Fellow Red Bank alumnus...is Bumper still the head coach?

McCallie has some real talent coming up to compliment Craig. Probably pretty good this year but possibly Ensworth-good in 2015...

I believe Red Bank brought in a coach from FLA.

Bumper Reese was in the class ahead of me...surreal when he landed the job...haven't kept up with the school since they won the state title with Riggs...apparently everything's brand new...thanks for the update ... can't hurt if we're importing from the Sunshine state! :)

"It was very special and a unique moment, especially being there with my family and being at a great practice and a great atmosphere with 40,000 people there," Craig said. "It was nice to see how the practice was ran and all the intensity from the players and it was just a great experience all around.

"Usually you see 40,000 people at a game, maybe not even that many at some games and just to see how much support the Tennessee fan base shows and how much they support the players it gives you a lot to think about when considering a school and knowing you have those kinds of people behind you who root for you and it's a very special place and a special moment for the players, coaches and all the people there."

"I talked to coach Jake after practice," Craig said. "We just talked about my experience and how I liked it and he talked to my family for a little bit and we made plans for me to come back up there on Aug. 31 for the opener against Utah State."

"I starts with coach Jones. He's a great coach and a great leader for the staff and the players and he's surrounded by a great coaching staff and a great offensive coordinator, coach Bajakian. He's a great guy," Craig explained. "We can talk on the phone for 30 minutes and get carried away. As a player you look for that type of a relationship if you're going to spend your four years somewhere and you want to be around people like that. It makes you feel like home. Also, just the fan base Tennessee has there's nothing like it. It's one of the most special places around the country. And knowing Knoxville is only a little over an hour away and knowing your family is big Tennessee fans and knowing they won't be too far from home is special.
-VQ.

Reactions: 1 person
if we take two qb's in the 2016 cycle we have two really good instate options with Craig and Wallace.

Criag's added value is that he is athletic enough to play another position if need be.

He is no longer an athlete filling in to take snaps but a bona fide college quarterback prospect.

"Oh, yeah," Potter affirmed. "There's no question. His knowledge of what we're doing is much better. His option mechanics are much better, and he's worked really hard to develop better throwing mechanics. In every way he's a much better quarterback."

It is obvious by the interest already displayed by major college programs.

"A lot of people at the top levels -- the top levels -- really like him," Potter said. "Tennessee really likes him although they haven't offered [a scholarship]. He's a dual-threat quarterback right now and he needs to get a little faster, but he's throwing the ball really well for a dual-threat guy."

Tornado's JaVaughn Craig better than when he torched Cleveland | Times Free Press

Stephen Hargis: JaVaughn Craig with an 85 yd TD run, showing a nice cutback and speed. McCallie leads Cleveland 13-0 in 1st qtr

Reactions: 1 person
Listened to a little bit of this game on the radio last night. Seemed to be making Kay's with his legs a lot.

I'm a McCallie Alum, granted it was 8+ years ago. But I'd love nothing more than to see a talented athlete from a school I love end up playing for a school I love even more. I will be attending some games this year and will post whenever I do.

I didn't read some of the longer quotes in this thread so I don't know if this was mentioned- last year was his first football season in 6 years and he's already balling out. I think that's a sign of how much potential he has. It would be very wise to keep an eye on him which is exactly what Butch and Co. have seen too.

I would think we only take one QB and we have a stud committed in Kendall. So unless he plans to play another position then I wouldnt get hopes up

I would think we only take one QB and we have a stud committed in Kendall. So unless he plans to play another position then I wouldnt get hopes up

A lot can happen in 2 years though. I like Kendall a lot- don't get me wrong. These are 16-year-olds we are talking about.

VN Store

Back