Do we start turning players away

dyllisvol42

With the 12 committed players we have and with all the big talent we are in on do we start telling some comitts to look else where?

With the 12 committed players we have and with all the big talent we are in on do we start telling some comitts to look else where?

"NO" We trim the fat and encourage the players who have no real chance of playing time to leave the team.

Between now and Feb., which is National Signing Day, we will see more and more players leave the program.

Reactions: 2 people
What about jaylon woods?

It does look like he may not be part of the class. Rumors were he was now on the outside looking in but still possible. I kind of expected at least one of the services to actually speak with him and get the low down. I think he still shows as a commitment on all the sites. Maybe he can still be a Vol come NSD.

Players will leave the program themselves when they realize they won't make much of an impact on the field. It happens each year.

Reactions: 5 people
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe for a scholarship to open up for 2015 class. Attrition has to occur before the start of fall semester. Or is it just has to happen by the end of the year?

The reason I say this is because someone said if they left during spring it would count towards the next years class.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe for a scholarship to open up for 2015 class. Attrition has to occur before the start of fall semester. Or is it just has to happen by the end of the year?

The reason I say this is because someone said if they left during spring it would count towards the next years class.

I believe any kids who leave UT between now and Aug 2015 would technically "open" up a spot. The question becomes does the staff only take enough kids in the 2015 class to fill the spots available as of that day or do they over sign a couple/few anticipating more will leave between NSD and AUG2015.

Last year they did not take any extra on NSD. We'll see if they try it this year.

Butch is going to be really picky with the remaining scholarships. There's no doubt some big guns will be left out of this class but that's only because the scholarships will be given to the best players "in the coaches minds". They may not fit for VN but that's OK :):)

There's no way we are going over the 25 limit this year. May not even get close. EE's going forward are really going to be key for Butch. 85 is going to be our key number from now own. We've finally arrived. Just look at the number of freshmen, redshirt freshmen, sophomores and redshirt sophomores on our team. That's where our SEC players currently reside. The future is getting brighter every day.

Reactions: 8 people
It does look like he may not be part of the class. Rumors were he was now on the outside looking in but still possible. I kind of expected at least one of the services to actually speak with him and get the low down. I think he still shows as a commitment on all the sites. Maybe he can still be a Vol come NSD.

He has attended a different HS every year...not a good sign at all...

There will be more attrition and Weatherd may not make it in. I doubt Woods is part of the group so we have 11 commitments That gives us 14 left. I would like to see us finish with:

McKenzie
Settle
Phillips
DeBerry
Sapp
Bryce Love
Christian Kirk
Van Jefferson
Drew Richmond
Ordway
Justin Martin
Torrance Gibson
Conner Dyer
DJ Jones

Reactions: 6 people
There will be more attrition and Weatherd may not make it in. I doubt Woods is part of the group so we have 11 commitments That gives us 14 left. I would like to see us finish with:

McKenzie
Settle
Phillips
DeBerry
Sapp
Bryce Love
Christian Kirk
Van Jefferson
Drew Richmond
Ordway
Justin Martin
Torrance Gibson
Conner Dyer
DJ Jones

Hate to bring up numbers but I think we can sign 22

McKenzie
Settle
Phillips
DeBerry
Sapp
Bryce Love
Christian Kirk
Van Jefferson
Drew Richmond
Ordway
Justin Martin
Torrance Gibson
Conner Dyer
DJ Jones

Gibson is going to the "Barn" Scratch him off our list.

Butch is going to be really picky with the remaining scholarships. There's no doubt some big guns will be left out of this class but that's only because the scholarships will be given to the best players "in the coaches minds". They may not fit for VN but that's OK :):)

There's no way we are going over the 25 limit this year. May not even get close. EE's going forward are really going to be key for Butch. 85 is going to be our key number from now own. We've finally arrived. Just look at the number of freshmen, redshirt freshmen, sophomores and redshirt sophomores on our team. That's where our SEC players currently reside. The future is getting brighter every day.

This! We are in on some elete DT's, and in other positions. I think how many will be turned down will be determined by how many of these elete players CBJ gets.

Reactions: 1 person
You know you are climbing the ladder when you tell 4 stars there is no more room, that's a good problem to have, what 3 year ago we could not get a 3 star to look at us much less commit, give coach a little more time and we all will be dancing in the streets on Saturday nights.:dance2:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back