'17 IN QB Hunter Johnson (Former UT Commit 8/23/15) (Clemson commit)

LynxVol

V,B
4_1300123.jpg

Hunter Johnson
Pro-Style Quarterback
Avon, IN (Brownsburg)
Ht: 6-2.5
Wt: 187

Hunter Johnson

Will be at the UT camp on 6/14 according to 247.

Brownsburg (Ind.) High's Hunter Johnson was the top 2017 quarterback at the Ohio Elite 11 on Monday evening according 247Sports.

The future national recruit impressed with his mechanics, arm strength and accuracy. Throw after throw was a dime. Regardless of age, he was one of the top signal-callers on the field, and that included passers currently committed to Arkansas, Auburn, Kansas, Michigan, Ohio State, South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

If the 6-foot-2 ½, 187-pound Johnson throws the pigskin as well as he did at Elite 11 on his upcoming camp dates, it’s going to be tough for college coaches to not send him an early scholarship.

So they said he is out performing current 4* QBs headed to the SEC and BIG10 and he is class of '17. Yeah, kid is about to blow up.

Get on him Butch.

Brownsburg (Ind.) High 2017 quarterback Hunter Johnson threw it well at Tennessee on Friday, impressing offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian.

One of the top players at his position in the country, Johnson is a young signal-caller the Vols coaching staff will keep a close eye on moving forward. The visit went well for Johnson and his parents, and he was told he has an open invitation to return to Knoxville whenever he can.

--Steve Wiltfong

Brownsburg (Ind.) High 2017 quarterback Hunter Johnson arrived home on Monday afternoon and nearly tripped over five Tennessee sweatshirts his father laid out near the door. "I kind of stumbled over them and looked at my dad," Johnson said. "I had no idea."
Everything about Knoxville impressed Johnson.
"I fell in love with it the moment I walked on campus," Johnson said.
"I'm not going to lie, I was kind of in awe as soon as I saw all the facilities there. Probably the best I've seen so far. I felt a connection with the coaches. I spoke with Coach Bajakian, and Coach Jones was super nice. They were real easy to be around. I felt very welcome when I was there."
"It might sound a little cliché but the fist offer means something and this really does mean a lot," Johnson said. "It’s a very special place and I'm very honored to have received my first offer from there.
"I know they’re more of a traditional offense. They’ll throw it around when they have passers. That'd be a cool place to play. They always recruit the big time receivers there so I'd be throwing to talented guys. All around it’s a good program."
One his father has obviously followed for a long time. The elder Johnson as a kid always vacationed in the Smokey Mountains where they'd drive by the Vols Stadium, the place he wanted to play. Now his son has the opportunity to suit up there.
Johnson also has a family connection with the Tennessee staff, so there is an early trust between the two parties. His older cousin Jordan Luallen played for Jones and Bajakian at Cincinnati.

Reactions: 15 people
Brownsburg (Ind.) High 2017 quarterback Hunter Johnson arrived home on Monday afternoon and nearly tripped over five Tennessee sweatshirts his father laid out near the door. "I kind of stumbled over them and looked at my dad," Johnson said. "I had no idea."
"I'm not going to lie, I was kind of in awe as soon as I saw all the facilities there. Probably the best I've seen so far. I felt a connection with the coaches. I spoke with Coach Bajakian, and Coach Jones was super nice. They were real easy to be around. I felt very welcome when I was there."
"It might sound a little cliché but the fist offer means something and this really does mean a lot," Johnson said. "It’s a very special place and I'm very honored to have received my first offer from there.
"I know they’re more of a traditional offense. They’ll throw it around when they have passers. That'd be a cool place to play. They always recruit the big time receivers there so I'd be throwing to talented guys. All around it’s a good program."
One his father has obviously followed for a long time. The elder Johnson as a kid always vacationed in the Smokey Mountains where they'd drive by the Vols Stadium, the place he wanted to play. Now his son has the opportunity to suit up there.
Johnson also has a family connection with the Tennessee staff, so there is an early trust between the two parties. His older cousin Jordan Luallen played for Jones and Bajakian at Cincinnati.

Done Deal. Kid loves it. Dad always loved it. This one is in the bag. Vol.

Reactions: 6 people

Looks like we found our 2017 QB.

Reactions: 1 person

"Adopted" legacy

Reactions: 1 person
What sort of e-cred would a 247 guy get for prognosticating a high school sophomore to a school and being right this far out in advance?

Also, do they still get credit if a kid picks the school but flips to another?

Nice, first offer, Dad dreamed of playing in Neyland wearing that beautiful Orange.

Brownsburg isn't to far from me, I'll have to check out a couple games. It's funny his dad having four Vol sweatshirts all laid out.

Hopefully, Hunter just keeps getting better and better because it sounds like this could be wrapped up already. I'd love for an Indy boy to be our QB

VN Store

Back