Kahlil McKenzie & De La Salle Spartans

Snakebrown13

I found this article and thought it was interesting since Kahlil McKenzie is coming from De La Salle; the winning attitude and leadership they instill - like Al Wilson Style - in players is definitely what we need again in Knoxville:

The Soul of a Sports Machine

IMO, landing McKenzie would be even bigger than just a great skill player after reading this.
:twocents:

Reactions: 2 people
I found this article and thought it was interesting since Kahlil McKenzie is coming from De La Salle; the winning attitude and leadership they instill - like Al Wilson Style - in players is definitely what we need again in Knoxville:

IMO, landing McKenzie would be even bigger than just a great skill player after reading this.

I've actually mentioned this a couple times as I saw it posted in 2 different places but no one responded. Is McKenzie planning to leave De La Salle and play his SR year elsewhere?

I've actually mentioned this a couple times as I saw it posted in 2 different places but no one responded. Is McKenzie planning to leave De La Salle and play his SR year elsewhere?

I don't think so - I haven't seen it anywhere that he plans to transfer again (he came to De La Salle from Wisconsin last year). Unless his dad changed jobs now (only been GM for the Raiders for a year), I would be surprised for him to move with it being his senior year and all.

De La Salle is a good football program. They play AND beat any and everybody. Hopefully he stays there.

I don't think so - I haven't seen it anywhere that he plans to transfer again (he came to De La Salle from Wisconsin last year). Unless his dad changed jobs now (only been GM for the Raiders for a year), I would be surprised for him to move with it being his senior year and all.

Glad to hear it. It did not make sense to me he would be switching schools again.

While I find the Kahlil McKenzie connection interesting, what is more interesting is the similarities of De La Salle's system to the system that CBJ is installing here.

Reactions: 1 person
While I find the Kahlil McKenzie connection interesting, what is more interesting is the similarities of De La Salle's system to the system that CBJ is installing here.

What specifically are you talking about?

In googling info about de la salle to see about the transfer and then that movie... Why on google maps are there three high schools right next to each other? Literally on the same block. Is that common in California?

De La Salle is in Concord, CA, which is kinda close to the bay area. Their biggest NFL player is MJD. They had a 20 year winning streak that was snapped about 6-8 years ago. They're a catholic school, and a great program. McKenzie will be very well coached.De La Salle can beat almost anyone in the nation.

De La Salle is in Concord, CA, which is kinda close to the bay area. Their biggest NFL player is MJD. They had a 20 year winning streak that was snapped about 6-8 years ago. They're a catholic school, and a great program. McKenzie will be very well coached.De La Salle can beat almost anyone in the nation.

DJ Williams came from there too...I think

20 state titles in a row?

If Butch doesn't recruit Sacramento, he should. The talent here skyrocketed like Nashville is around 6 years ago.

Kevin Simon came from De La Salle and was one of the top players in the nation. Would have been a star in the NFL if it wasn't for the knee injuries. Still a great VFL.

I think most people would want to sign Khalil over any other prospect. I sure do.

VN Store

Back