'14 LA RB Jase Stubbs (Preferred Walk-On)

I saw a couple weeks ago we got another walk on fullback from maryville? Is he any good?

I miss UT having a big hard nose Fullback. One reason I liked to watch UGA and LSU. JC Copeland leading for Jeremy Hill and Quavon Hicks leading for Gurley was nasty.

Reactions: 1 person
This all day.

He was one of my faves growing up. He did well in the League

Shawn was a big tailback willing to play fullback. What he did was spectacular there being as he went to the league and played RB for 8 years. I think he is a grad assistant at Temple.

jase_stubbs_saintpaul2.jpg

Recruit Spotlight: LB Jase Stubbs, Saint Paul High School, Class of 2014 | LA Football Magazine

There are a group of solid linebackers on this list and Stubbs has performed as well as any. He has a nice frame and has shown sideline-to-sideline speed throughout the early stages of this season. His ability to diagnose plays quickly and his good acceleration allow him to make a lot of plays around the line of scrimmage. Stubbs should see his share of offers over the coming months.
Early-season games allow 12 emerging prep prospects to flourish | NOLA.com

From July 2012 when Stubbs was a rising junior:
This massive inside linebacker ran a solid 4.88 40 and jumped 27.5-inches in the vertical. But more amazing was his 38 reps of 155-pounds. He was able to maul backs when they hit the line of scrimmage during the one-on-ones.
Lafayette, LA - Top Sophomore Performers - Coach Dave Schuman Presents: National Underclassmen (NUC) Football Combines, Recruiting & Football Showcase

Should make a great fb and special teams addition. Love fullbacks that want to hit people hard. Goal line offense!

Shawn was a big tailback willing to play fullback. What he did was spectacular there being as he went to the league and played RB for 8 years. I think he is a grad assistant at Temple.

Wish he was on our staff, some kind of chief of football operation or something lol. Shawn did what he was asked, and excelled.

VN Store

Back