'15 VA WR Alvin Harper Jr

So is there any doubt whatsoever that Jr. will be a Vol or can we just go ahead and change the thread title to commit?

So is there any doubt whatsoever that Jr. will be a Vol or can we just go ahead and change the thread title to commit?

With him showing no offers, and UT coaches stopping in to see him, I'd guess walk-on possibility is being discussed. He is a Vol Legacy. Don't really care how they get him in Orange, as long as they do.

Reactions: 9 people
This is a huge name, regardless of his talent, as we all know that elite talent is not always passed down. Not saying he isn't good (I don't claim to be a talent evaluator), but he shows no offers and no stars at this point. Still, he needs to be on the team in some capacity by his name alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This is a huge name, regardless of his talent, as we all know that elite talent is not always passed down. Not saying he isn't good (I don't claim to be a talent evaluator), but he shows no offers and no stars at this point. Still, he needs to be on the team in some capacity by his name alone.

His dad got paid in free agency and then disappeared

Surprised we haven't heard about this guy until now. Pops is one of the best receivers to play in the orange and white, and a big reason that we are known as WRU. Would love for this guy to get one of the preferred walk-on positions if nothing else. Keep the legacies at home.

His dad got paid in free agency and then disappeared

What's your point? I'm not sure what that has to do with the post you quoted, or why you felt the need to put that in his son's thread as it has absolutely nothing to do with him.

Yeah I saw that thread but figured a new one would be better than that one lol

Yeah, that thread...
spain_train_crash-68068.gif

From Rivals:

For the second day in a row, Harper continued to find his way open on the majority of plays and deliver with key receptions, and continues to build chemistry at his new school with quarterback Caleb Lewis. With a visit to the Alma Mater of his father, Alvin Sr., scheduled for later in July, Harper is on the verge of possibly receiving offers from Big Five schools and should turn some heads with his speed and above-average route running.

Reactions: 1 person
From Rivals:

For the second day in a row, Harper continued to find his way open on the majority of plays and deliver with key receptions, and continues to build chemistry at his new school with quarterback Caleb Lewis. With a visit to the Alma Mater of his father, Alvin Sr., scheduled for later in July, Harper is on the verge of possibly receiving offers from Big Five schools and should turn some heads with his speed and above-average route running.

Van Jefferson or Alvin Harper Jr. - if it can't be both?

VN Store

Back