4_1331595.jpg

Cornerback
Snellville, GA (Shiloh)
Ht: 5-11 | Wt: 160 | 40: 4.50

Jeremy McDuffie

Jeremy McDuffie - Hudl

Jeremy McDuffie - Yahoo! Sports

Vols Offered

The Peach State product has an offer list that has stretched into the double digits and includes the likes of Duke, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Minnesota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, and several others. South Carolina is also among the group to have offered.

"It's a big school and I am a fan as well, so it was nice to catch that offer from another big school," he explained. "They offered me as a DB and Coach (G.A.) Mangus is recruiting me."

In addition to his exploits on the football field, McDuffie is also a track standout. He helped lead his team to the 6A state championship earlier this month by scoring more individual points than any athlete in any classification. He took home first in the 110 high hurdles, 300 intermediate hurdles, the triple jump, and was also on the 400 meter relay team that won first place. His 110 hurdle time of 13.83 seconds was the sixth-fastest in the country.

At this stage, McDuffie has three schools he hopes to see in person this summer, and four that make up his lead group. "I know Duke, South Carolina, and Tennessee for sure," he listed as visit stops. "Those are pretty much my favorites and Georgia Tech."

-USCjr Rivals

Reactions: 2 people
McDuffie said his visit to Tennessee “was better than the one at Florida” last month, when he earned an offer from the Gators with a strong performance at one of their camps. But Florida remains at the top of his list.

“I’ve just always been a fan of them as a kid growing up,” said McDuffie, who claims offers from Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Duke, Georgia Tech, Kentucky and Wisconsin, among others.

“That was always one of the schools that I really wanted to go to, so (I liked it) when I got that offer.”

McDuffie, a state champion hurdler and triple-jumper who’s hoping to participate in both football and track and field at the college of his choice, said he’s “going to visit South Carolina soon,” although he might not be able to make it there until this season.

He said he plans to attend games at Florida, Tennessee, Duke and South Carolina this season, and he’s not sure when he might be ready to decide on a school.

Sounds like he doesn't have a commitable offer to Florida, or he would already be committed there.

Reactions: 1 person
Snellville (Ga.) Shiloh three-star cornerbackJeremy McDuffie*has not set any dates for official visits, but he is looking to set up trips to Florida and Tennessee. The two SEC East programs sit at the top of the 5-foot-11, 170-pound McDuffie's list currently and he plans to make a decision after those visits. He also plans to run track as well as play football at the college of his choice.

Reactions: 1 person
I haven’t set any official visits yet so far,” McDuffie said. “I think Florida right now, probably Florida and Tennessee. Those are the two schools I’m interested in right now.”

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound McDuffie has gone on record in the past saying the Gators lead for his services. He has since backed off that stance publicly.

“I wouldn’t say a lead, because I’m interested in both right now, but Florida was my top.”

However, the Gators are a program McDuffie admits to liking growing up.

“Florida is great. Ever since I was young, that’s where I always wanted to go and that’s where I want to live after college. I like it down there.

“I talk to them at least once a week, probably like three times a week. I talk coach [Will] Muschamp and coach [Travaris Robinson]. [Muschamp] is talking about the football season, basically track and football.”

Track & field will have a very small factor into his recruitment where he is a standout in the triple jump and the 110-meter hurdles. Track coaches from Tennessee, LSU and Miami have spoken to McDuffie.

“I’m going to run track wherever I go, but my decision is based on football,”

McDuffie’s last visit was to Knoxville to see the Vols back in July.

“Tennessee is great too. I went down for an unofficial visit. The campus was great and the facilities were great.”
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't think he's a take based on us leading for Abernathy and Martin and being in it for Reynolds. HG, is he a take for UF?

I don't think he's a take based on us leading for Abernathy and Martin and being in it for Reynolds. HG, is he a take for UF?

Not atp.

Chump wants Martin badly. Would be the only CB they take this cycle from the reports.

Not atp.

Chump wants Martin badly. Would be the only CB they take this cycle from the reports.

Martin's elite. If there's one thing y'all know down there, it's CBs. Really hope UT gets him and Abernathy.

VN Store

Back