'15 CA QB Sheriron Jones (UT Signee 2/4/15)

BigVol80

Fulmer for Life
4_1307417.jpg

Dual-Threat Quarterback
Moreno Valley, CA (Rancho Verde)
Ht: 6-2.5 | Wt: 192 | 40: 4.60

Sheriron Jones - Hudl

★★★★☆ Sheriron Jones

★★★★☆ Sheriron Jones - Rivals

★★★★☆ Sheriron Jones - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

★★★★☆ Scout.com: Sheriron Jones Profile

On our board per Fortenberry

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Odd release on his throws but accurate......at least on his highlight reel. I cant believe we are just now hearing his name.

Yeah... this kid has my approval. His throwing motion might need a little bit of work. His motion isnt consistent. Sometimes it looks great... and other times it almost looks like hes throwing shotput.

Looks pretty calm and not quick to escape the pocket when he doesnt need to. He keeps his eyes down the field for the most part.

Reactions: 1 person
Says he wants to commit after his first game this fall.

"It seems like half the quarterbacks in the country have already committed, so I might need to make a choice soon to make sure I have my spot," Jones said of his timeline. "I had wanted to commit after our first game of the year. All the schools that have offered are still near the top of my list, even those that have quarterback commitments already. They're all talking to me, making me feel important and continuing to recruit me so I am making sure I am keeping all my options open." - Jeremy Birmingham

Odd release on his throws but accurate......at least on his highlight reel. I cant believe we are just now hearing his name.

For someone who has never played a down of football, can you explain why his release is "odd" and how that effects other aspects of the throw? I love all the intricate details of this sort of thing!

For someone who has never played a down of football, can you explain why his release is "odd" and how that effects other aspects of the throw? I love all the intricate details of this sort of thing!

His hand just stays close to his head level instead of his arm being fully extended. Almost like he is pushing the ball instead of throwing it. He also seems to pull back on his release a tad.

Not a bad thing especially since his film shows pretty good accuracy.

His hand just stays close to his head level instead of his arm being fully extended. Almost like he is pushing the ball instead of throwing it. He also seems to pull back on his release a tad.

You're right. Those things aren't inherently bad mechanics per se just some quirks that can be worked out. Not really a big deal.

This. Its like hes throwing a shotput, while others are throwing baseballs. Lacks a windup. His elbow could come up higher so his arm is closer to a 90 degree angle when he throws instead of the ball being shoulder height like the way he throws.

I agree, he is quickly moving to the top of my want list

The more film I watch the more I think he will fit into our system seamlessly

This. Its like hes throwing a shotput, while others are throwing baseballs. Lacks a windup. His elbow could come up higher so his arm is closer to a 90 degree angle when he throws instead of the ball being shoulder height like the way he throws.

Thanks! So what are the most desirable characteristics in a quarterbacks throwing motion? Seems like a lot of variables go into it. He does have some impressive film though. Would be a nice pick up!

Thanks! So what are the most desirable characteristics in a quarterbacks throwing motion? Seems like a lot of variables go into it. He does have some impressive film though. Would be a nice pick up!

A quick release instead of a long wind up is always good. It gives the defense less time to react.

You want the elbow to "lead" the throw and square the shoulders.

Example:
15_slack.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back