Ardrey Kell
View Map
Ht:6'5"
Wt:275 lbs
Class:2016 (High School)

Taleni Suhren - Yahoo! Sports

Taleni Suhren

Taleni Suhren - Hudl

No offer yet but Vols are recruiting Suhren.

"A lot of schools have started to come by," Suhren said.

Tennessee, North Carolina, N.C. State, Clemson, Duke and Charlotte have expressed the heaviest interest in Suhren to date. Charlotte represented his first offer, while Tennessee stands out among the early suitors.

"Coach Elder stopped by a week ago, and I liked that experience," Suhren said. "I have to do some scheduling, but I hope to make it to their camp. I've heard it's a beautiful campus, and they're only three hours away. So it is a convenience. Their facilities are top-notch and they have pretty good academics."

-Clemson Rivals

“(Elder) said, ‘We just want to let you know that we’re going to offer you a full scholarship. We really like you. We saw your highlight film and we looked at your transcript, and you’re exactly what we’re looking for in an offensive lineman at Tennessee.’ That was big for me,” Suhren said.

“They had showed a little bit of interest, but I didn’t think I was that far (along) in recruiting with them to get an offer. I had talked to Coach Elder before, back in January. But other than that, we probably hadn’t talked since.”

“When Coach Elder came by, he dropped off quite a lot of information (on Tennessee), so I read through all that. I’ve kind of kept up on recruiting. It’s a shock when Tennessee calls, because you’re in the SEC now. You’ve got to go out there and block guys like (Vols defensive tackle commitment) Kahlil McKenzie. There’s some freaks of nature out there. It’s nice that they’re only three hours away from me, so it’s not too far from my family.”

“I definitely want to get it done before my senior season,” he said. “If things kind of start slowing down, and I think I’ve gotten the offers that I want to and I’ve given the schools that I really want enough time, I would make a decision. But I’m probably shooting for June or July.”

Said his parents are USCw fans, and he was a fan of them during his childhood. His parents lived in the So Cal area before moving to NC.

Picked up a CB yesterday...what's notable about it is that it comes from a Duke recruiting contributor. Duke had 100% of the CBs before then. He visited us the end of March and loved it

VN Store

Back