'16 TN DT Michael Perry

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_2880648.JPG

Michael Perry
Defensive Tackle
Memphis, TN (Memphis Academy of Health Sciences)
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 315
CLASS OF 2016

Michael Perry

Michael Perry - Yahoo! Sports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loNeCx3_NIc

Vols offered. Perry's first offer.

I'd like to see the kid at some camps this summer. His competition isn't great. He plugs the middle well but the center and guard both weigh 350lbs together. Ha ha

I'll take the heat...kin to Michael Dean or William? :pinch:

He is fast off the line for a kid that young and that size, definitely worth keeping up with but I agree that we need to see him at least against some guys close to his own size.

6. Michael Perry, DT/OG, Memphis (Tenn.) Academy of Health Sciences (Class of 2016)
Every coach that spent time at the OL/DL 1on1s raved about Perry after the event. He played both sides of the ball and was unblockable at times. Perry may not get a lot of offers this summer because he has to transform his body some but if he can do that, while also adding an inch and keeping his athleticism, Perry could become a highly recruited junior.
-Barton Simmons, 247

From a free 247 article a while back. Listed ahead of Cam Ordway in "top performers" FWIW

Reactions: 1 person
LemmingReport: Mon 07:15pm Tennessee and Ole Miss appear to be the early leaders for NG Michael Perry 6'2" 325 of Memphis Whitehaven .A 4+ stand out with 10 QB sacks

I had the opportunity of being over the OL/DL portion of tge NPA camp. Had a lot of ol/fl guys there from mid tn, e. tn, snd a few from w. tn a few names were Perry, Andrew Wood, Jack Jones, Givens kid, Myles Douglas, etc. Guys Michael Perry flat out stole the show. Kid uses violent hands and is so fast off the ball. Note Jack was injured

Reactions: 1 person
He is fast off the line for a kid that young and that size, definitely worth keeping up with but I agree that we need to see him at least against some guys close to his own size.

If I'm not mistaken, our coaches are paid very well to do just what you suggest.

Like to see us get this kid. After the DT class this year imo PT will he a tough sell. Maybe Butch gets both DTs(I'm thinking they take 2) for 2016 instate. (Perry, Darvin)

Like to see us get this kid. After the DT class this year imo PT will he a tough sell. Maybe Butch gets both DTs(I'm thinking they take 2) for 2016 instate. (Perry, Darvin)

Not a tough sell at all. Every place worth attending will be competitive. Plus the Vols are fast reclaiming upper tier status. We need five DTs who will play every game. Butch needs to sign at least three DTs every year. No reason to expect all will stick (Sawyers). The game is and always has been won on the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: 3 people
Not a tough sell at all. Every place worth attending will be competitive. Plus the Vols are fast reclaiming upper tier status. We need five DTs who will play every game. Butch needs to sign at least three DTs every year. No reason to expect all will stick (Sawyers). The game is and always has been won on the line of scrimmage.

Also, i is likely that some/many of these guys will be going to the NFL aftr their Jr. year. We have to have enough depth to carry on without a hitch.

Not saying this guy will not be solid or even great but just because we landed 2 elite dt this year does not mean we have enough depth to just not go after elite tackles. Guys are killing me how many dt do we have rt now. Look at the numbers again. We need two more elite dt this cycle before you can say playing time will be hard to sell. Just my opinion

VN Store

Back