JoeJuan Williams
Safety
Nashville, TN (Father Ryan)
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 200
CLASS OF 2016

JoeJuan Williams

JoeJuan Williams - Yahoo! Sports

Sophomore highlights

Thigpen is expected by Father Ryan in Nashville today to check on Joejuan Williams. Wouldn't be shocked if Williams has an offer by the end of the day and if so that's probably the first of numerous.

-Fortenberry

Williams played RB as a sophomore but in a Rivals interview at the IFM camp this weekend he said most coaches that are recruiting him want him at Safety or CB. He said UT wants him at Corner. He's currently being recruited by UT, Vandy, PSU, UK and WKU.

Certainly looks the part. Gonna have to check out his film later and see what's up. I've heard nothing but good things though.

4-5 instate commitments early on is always a good way to start a class. TN kids playing at TN, I like it. Hope he decides UT is where he needs to be.

Tennessee has offered 2016 athlete Joejuan Williams from Father Ryan in Nashville. Williams is a really intriguing guy as he's grown around four inches in the past 8 months and has added weight but still plays like a corner. Really interesting prospect who was one of the top performers at the IFM camp this weekend.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people
"I talked to coach Thigpen and he told me I have an official offer and I'm really happy about it," Williams said. "It's pretty special. Tennessee was already in my top three but they moved up quite a bit. I can't tell where, but I know they moved up a lot. It's my first offer and I really appreciate it."

"My freshman year I was very small and then I grew a lot and I was just a running back then and so I had to start working on defense and then I finally stopped growing I was able to work on the skill part and I got better. Then, this IFM/NPA Playmaker's camp came up and I did what I had to do," Williams explained.

"Coach Shoop said he wanted to be my first offer and that would have been great but Tennessee offered first,"Williams said. "Then Vanderbilt wanted to offer me after this semester is over because they just want to see my grades. I have a 3.5 GPA right now so I think they will offer. Then, Ole Miss came by the school and I'm supposed to talk to him soon."

"Growing up in the state I already knew about them, Vanderbilt and Tennessee. Those are the two teams I watched growing up," Williams said. "I know a lot about Vanderbilt because I've been there multiple times now but I still haven't been to Tennessee yet so I need to get there soon. I really want to meet coach Jones because he seems like a great guy. I want to see the environment and the campus. I've heard it's great."

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
Once he visits Tennessee, he will never visit Vanderbilt again… Just no comparison.

Reactions: 4 people
"I talked to coach Thigpen and he told me I have an official offer and I'm really happy about it," Williams said. "It's pretty special. Tennessee was already in my top three but they moved up quite a bit. I can't tell where, but I know they moved up a lot. It's my first offer and I really appreciate it."

"My freshman year I was very small and then I grew a lot and I was just a running back then and so I had to start working on defense and then I finally stopped growing I was able to work on the skill part and I got better. Then, this IFM/NPA Playmaker's camp came up and I did what I had to do," Williams explained.

"Coach Shoop said he wanted to be my first offer and that would have been great but Tennessee offered first,"Williams said. "Then Vanderbilt wanted to offer me after this semester is over because they just want to see my grades. I have a 3.5 GPA right now so I think they will offer. Then, Ole Miss came by the school and I'm supposed to talk to him soon."

"Growing up in the state I already knew about them, Vanderbilt and Tennessee. Those are the two teams I watched growing up," Williams said. "I know a lot about Vanderbilt because I've been there multiple times now but I still haven't been to Tennessee yet so I need to get there soon. I really want to meet coach Jones because he seems like a great guy. I want to see the environment and the campus. I've heard it's great."
-VQ

We need to have medical personnel standing by for his visit. He has been to vandy several times so when he visits UT he may pass out.

And lol at vandy wanting to wait until after the semester to see his grades. vandy will be working on securing a firm hold on the basement of the east very shortly.

Reactions: 2 people
We need to have medical personnel standing by for his visit. He has been to vandy several times so when he visits UT he may pass out.

And lol at vandy wanting to wait until after the semester to see his grades. vandy will be working on securing a firm hold on the basement of the east very shortly.

You could have stopped @ lol at vandy.

@JoejuanW: Tennessee visit was AMAZING!! #Vols 🔶⚪️🔶⚪️🔶⚪️🔶

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: 5 people
@JoejuanW: Tennessee visit was AMAZING!! #Vols ��⚪️��⚪️��⚪️��

Go ahead and pull the trigger son. You know being a Vol is what you want. :loco:

I think the visit blew his socks off. He looks so excited lol. Wouldn't be surprised if he commits soon

"They impressed me a lot. It was amazing," Williams said. "We toured the academic facilities and the dorms. Most of the coaches weren't there, they had a vacation, but coach (John) Jancek came by and showed me around. He showed me the facilities, the stadium everything was nice. It was all top notch. I got to see everything. It was nice."

"I had never been to the University of Tennessee before and I had never been to a stadium that holds 103,000 people," Williams said. "I walked in and I was looking around and my first instinct was to take pictures because I wanted to soak it in. It was amazing. I just kept looking up in the stands and imaging fans cheering."

"I didn't expect the facilities, everything, to be top notch," Williams offered. "Then (Jancek) showed me the construction of the two new football fields and the new the football dorms. That all looked really nice."

"We already have a great relationship because we've already talked before that," Williams said. "It was great. He was just joking around a lot and he made me do pushups because I was standing on the 'T' in the locker room. That was pretty cool." "Coach Jancek and coach Thigpen have both been by the school. I call them and talk to them and we talk about football and about life and we talk about Tennessee," Williams said. "I talk to them two or three times a week."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Played in 8 games last year, listed on the roster at slot/ILB. Stats:

* 24 carries for 150 yards (6.2 ypc) and 1 TD
* 2 catches for 40 yards
* 1 KR for 12 yards
* 9 tackles, 1 TFL
* 1 INT returned for 45 yards & a TD

VN Store

Back