'15 JUCO CB Justin Martin (UT Signee 2/4/15)

PassedOutAwake

R.I.P RichRollin
Athlete
Miami, Oklahoma
Northeastern Oklahoma A&M J.C.
Ht:6'3"
Wt:185 lbs
Class:2015 (Junior College)

Originally from Nashville, TN (Overton )

"Keep an eye on this kid. Justin Martin out of Nashville Overton. Enrolled JuCo early and Tennessee helped place him. He's a 6-2 CB that has 46 second speed in the 400. Is a good candidate to be an eventual JuCo addition for the 2015 class." - Barton Simmons

Justin Martin
Justin Martin - Yahoo! Sports

Justin Martin - Hudl

JuCo CB Justin Martin out of Nashville will be a name to know
^Free Read

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
After leaving high school early and enrolling in junior college a semester ahead of schedule, Justin Martin is on pace to leave Northeastern Oklahoma A&M Community College in next May with four years to play three seasons at the Division-I Level.

It's part of what has colleges interested in the in the 6-foot-3 Tennessee native, who could play wide receiver or defensive back at the next level. It's also part of what has the University of Tennessee pursuing Martin before he even plays a down of junior college football.

"I talk a lot with one of the coaches from up there," Martin said. "He just says he wants me to come up there and play for them after my last semester here. I plan on visiting this summer, but that's about all so far."

"I mean, I'm pretty open. Tennessee was the first school and that means a lot to me, but I'm pretty open to wherever the road takes me. I just want to get on the field."

-Rivals

He plans to visit UT, Bama, Ole Miss and other SEC schools this summer. He said what matters most is playing time.

Reactions: 2 people
Kids film looks legit. Has speed to burn. It's almost comical to watch some of the defenders coming at him with an angle yet he is 6 yards by them when they get to the spot they "thought" they would get him. Would like to see more CB film if that is where he projects.

Reactions: 1 person
Glad we know he has good 400 speed. That's big lol

A 46.8s 400 is insane for a football player, like D1 track good. He also ran a 21.3 200. Those are both very different than running the 40 but anyone pulling down those kind of numbers (if they're accurate) is an incredible athlete.

Btw, if you take a 40 split out of that 200 time, it's 4.26...not the same race, I know, but damn. That's speed.

Reactions: 2 people
In a perfect world Id love to have both this guy and Brazil, but I've gotta pull a Leb and say we probably can't. Plus I'm not sure we'd take so many jucos at DB.

In a perfect world Id love to have both this guy and Brazil, but I've gotta pull a Leb and say we probably can't. Plus I'm not sure we'd take so many jucos at DB.

I could see it playing out where we would take 1 HS CB and 1 Juco. Ordway and Abernathy were the 2 on my list, but it looks like MA may end up at uga. Ordway and Brazil or Martin would be just fine IMO. I doubt we take more than 2 CBs though to go along with Griffin at S.

Not the usual Juco with 2 years to play... He has 4 years to play 3 which means it is almost like HS kid.

A 46.8s 400 is insane for a football player, like D1 track good. He also ran a 21.3 200. Those are both very different than running the 40 but anyone pulling down those kind of numbers (if they're accurate) is an incredible athlete.

Btw, if you take a 40 split out of that 200 time, it's 4.26...not the same race, I know, but damn. That's speed.

40 is all about acceleration. But that 200 and 400 time both show he has excellent top end speed.

Alas, the JUCO names start to pop up. Looks like he could be a solid candidate for the class.

He's a guy that Tennessee will certainly be keeping their eye on and continuing to evaluate next fall. He's a good player and just needs to take care of his academic work.

-Fortenberry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 9
I coached against this kid this past football season and he was the best athlete we saw all year. He has legit speed and size. Obviously he played with Ugo Amadi and Martin was still the best player on the field. If he can fix his grades I like him as a corner.

VN Store

Back