Dual-Threat Quarterback
Newtown, PA (Council Rock North)
Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 205
CLASS OF 2016

Brandon McIlwain

Brandon McIlwain - Yahoo! Sports

Brandon McIlwain - Hudl

Vols offered.

Bad thing is he says on his twitter, "making dreams become reality," when referring to the Penn St. offer and he also is a South Carolina legacy. Plenty of time with left for us to get in good with Mcllwain. Imagine if we took 2 QBs next year, this guy and Austin Kendall.

Last edited:
Bad thing is he says on his twitter, "making dreams become reality," when referring to the Penn St. offer and he also is a South Carolina legacy. Plenty of time with left for us to get in good with Mcllwain. Imagine if we took 2 QBs next year, this guy and Austin Kendall.

I'm sure that a lot of PA recruits are feeling that same level of excitement that The WestTN guys felt when the snake oil salesman came to town. He will land some but it will catch up to him.

Brandon McIlwain is already staking his claim as one of the top quarterbacks in the class of 2016.

The Newtown, Pa., dual-threat signal caller already has offers from some of the top programs in the country including Tennessee, Ohio State, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Miami, Michigan State, Penn State, South Carolina, UCLA, Wisconsin and more.

He recently made a southern swing to check out several schools like Clemson, North Carolina, Duke and he made his way to Rocky Top because of his already strong relationship with Vol offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian.

"I have been talking to Tennessee and coach Jake for a while and I have a good relationship with him and they have a very good offense so it was somewhere I really wanted to visit and I was able to make the trip out there," McIlwain said.

And once the 6-foot, 205-pound quarterback was at Tennessee he left no doubt of his impressions.

"I loved it. Talking to coach Bajakian was great and I got to work out with them so that was cool and being able to see everything they have and the campus was amazing," McIlwain said. "The things that they have, it was very impressive and I liked it a lot."

McIlwain explained that his time getting tutored by Bajakian was the meaningful part of his Tennessee experience.

"The thing that was most impressive was really coach Bajakian," McIlwain offered. "The way that he knows how to get a quarterback pro ready and the knowledge that he has of the quarterback position and the way he can prepare a quarterback not only for games, but for the pro game is awesome."

McIlwain has been able to take numerous visits this summer, including most recently to Cal on the West Coast. Next up is a tour through Big 10 country to see several more schools and Council rock North star is enjoying the ride.

"It's been amazing," McIlwain said. "It's been a great experience being able to go see all of these places and get coaching from all these different coaches who have all coached at the high school, college and professional level. It's been fun and I'm happy I've been able to check them out."

And while McIlwain enjoys the visits he also know they serve a purpose as he evaluates each school when he's on their campus.

"When I go one the visits the main thing is really about talking to these coaches and the feeling I get when talking to these coaches and if I think I'm going to be able to have a relationship with them and work with them and be able to reach my full potential with them," McIlwain explained. "That's very big for me.

"Also, the academics at the school. Academics are very important for me and a school with good academics helps. But, football-wise it will be the relationship with the coaches, the offense they run and really, their interest in me are the big things."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Would love to have this kid as the qb for the '16' class. Hope we can lock him up early. Also gotta love the fact that Coach Jake is out there building strong relationships with these kids

6 foot is going to raise some concerns. Hope he sprouts 3-4 inches over the next few years

We will likely take 1 top QB. Signing two QBs rarely work out when the two are top QBs. You end up losing one during the course of the next 2-3 years because of a QB logjam and is a wasted scholarship in the end.

We will likely take 1 top QB. Signing two QBs rarely work out when the two are top QBs. You end up losing one during the course of the next 2-3 years because of a QB logjam and is a wasted scholarship in the end.

Bump. We're taking 3 butches! All top qbs. With smart option to move one to his elite position of safety should his stay at qb not last. No wasted scholarship in my opinion. For the record, i hope jj lights it up as a qb. He has improved abundantly since last year.

This is a 2016 prospect bud

:hi:

A little into the drink this evening. Apologies to Tux and all. A valid argument had it been a '15 recruit lol I'm usually more on my game. Damn whiskey! Happy new year in a little over an hour central time!

Reactions: 4 people
:hi:

A little into the drink this evening. Apologies to Tux and all. A valid argument had it been a '15 recruit lol I'm usually more on my game. Damn whiskey! Happy new year in a little over an hour central time!

Perfectly excusable, happy new year!!

VN Store

Back