Takkarist McKinley - Yahoo! Sports

Takkarist McKinley at John F. Kennedy

JUCO profiles:
Takkarist McKinley

Takkarist McKinley - Yahoo! Sports

Tak McKinley - Hudl

Vols offered.

If he signs with us I hope mount McKinley is better than mount McCullers was

McCullers wasn't bad, either. Most of our fan base just expected him to be the 2nd coming of Reggie White and when he didn't live up to that expectation people started saying he sucked.

Reactions: 2 people
McKinley had an outstanding freshman year at Contra Costa despite playing mostly on passing downs. He has truly ridiculous speed for a guy his size:

McKinley is an anomaly on the track team at Kennedy High School in Richmond, a sprinter in a defensive lineman's body. At 6-foot-2 and 235 pounds, he stands out on the track just standing out on the track.

Watching this big kid sprint is an impressive sight, as it was Saturday when he overcame a deficit of at least a meter at the halfway point to win the boys' 100-meter final of the Stanford Invitational in 10.71 seconds.

They simply don't make high school sprinters McKinley's size. In most races, he's several inches taller and 40 to 50 pounds heavier than his fellow sprinters.

Takkarist McKinley big on speed - SFGate

628x471.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
In terms of McCullers, its also hard to get any push up the middle when the ends are suspect and can't put on a decent pass rush consistently. The center/guard combo all game long is a physical wrecking machine.

I"m not saying he couldn't have dropped a few pounds, worked on his pad leverage and footwork. Perhaps the pros will help with that.

I wonder if he can cover in space. This guy has NFL LB measurables with his size and speed. Has he played DE exclusively in HS and college?

Edit: just watched his tape, and it looks like he played a little OLB and standing end. This guy is really impressive, he chased a RB down from behind who had at least 5 yards on him to save a touchdown. Hope we get this guy.

Last edited:
McCullers wasn't bad, either. Most of our fan base just expected him to be the 2nd coming of Reggie White and when he didn't live up to that expectation people started saying he sucked.

More productive than the fat slob Cody and does not have 38D man boobs

I think I remember seeing someone from VQ say that Wharton ran the 100m in 10.6. That's crazy to think that a DL could almost catch a slot receiver.

10.7 is extremely impressive. That's the type of speed we need off the edge

Last edited:
Theres a play on his highlights were the ball carrier is about 10 yards ahead of him and he chases them down. Outruns the LBs and DBs.

31 second mark

VN Store

Back