Fulmer for Life
4_1321796.jpg

Marlon Gonzalez

Marlon Gonzalez - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Marlon Gonzalez - Hudl

Marlon Gonzalez - Yahoo! Sports

Vols visited Wednesday
1 CB pick

former teammate of mine. Has a really good motor but i don't think hes a take in this class unless we miss out on a lot of d linemen. Was a FSU commit before they won the title.

The name Marlon Gonzalez is one to keep an eye on. The defensive lineman was once committed to Florida State but the two agreed Gonzalez would be a better fit somewhere else and Tennessee has developed a good relationship with him. Don't be surprised if you see him visit Knoxville this summer.

-VQ

"Willie Martinez saw defensive lineman Marlon Gonzalez today in South Florida but the real connection there is Robert Gillespie. One of Gonzalez's coaches is a former teammate of Gillespie's, Earnest Graham (Vol fans, I'm sure, remember him)."

- Fortenberry

Tennessee defensive backs coach Willie Martinez was in Florida this week and saw several prospects including Marlon Gonzalez.

Gonzalez seems to be very interested in Tennessee and wants to make it up to Knoxville this summer. He seems to have hit it off with Gillespie as the Vols are recruiting him very hard.

-VQ

This dude looks like a beast. He's big, quick, gets off blocks quickly and hits like a ton of bricks. I don't know if we end up having a place for him, but I like his film.

After originally committing to Florida State last year, Marlon Gonzalez backed off his commitment this spring and decided to open things up. Since the decommitment Gonzalez has seen numerous schools step up their recruitment of him and that includes Tennessee.

"These last couple of weeks they've really been recruiting hard and they are coming after me really hard," Gonzalez said. "I talked to coach G a lot and he's a good friend of my head coach. They used to play at Florida together." Gonzalez's coach, Earnest Graham, is a former Florida running back like Gillespie and that's helped Tennessee build a solid foundational relationship with Gonzalez early on.

"They talk to me a lot and they make me feel like I'm apart of the Tennessee family," Gonzalez explained. "Coach Graham has known coach G for a while and he really trusts and respects him. I'm going to always take coach Graham's advice and I've been talking to coach G lately and we've really bonded and he's lived in Florida so I feel like he's somebody that would look out for me."

"I'm just trying to have fun with it. Sometimes it gets annoying but I'm grateful," Gonzalez said. "I'm just trying to take it day-by-day and I'm very grateful. My mom is going to be the biggest factor in my recruiting so I just talk to her about schools all the time. Right now we are trying to figure where we want to go and Tennessee is up there."

-VQ

Gonzalez plans to visit many schools in the south this summer, including Tennessee.

He's a 3-tech defensive tackle at the next level. I think he played some DE when he was younger and that's why he was originally ranked there. I think they like him as an inside guy.

-Fortenberry

VN Store

Back