'16 D.C. DE/TE Devante Brooks (UT commit 1/15/15)

Rcs baltimore-washington: Top performers - offense

11. Te devante brooks
washington (d.c.) st. John's college (2016)

brooks has very good size for a young tight end and he showed the ability to stretch the field and make long catches over some quick linebackers. He gets off the line of scrimmage effectively when pressed. Brooks is fluid in his change of direction and has sure hands, making a few catches over his head with a defender trailing closely with arms raised. He's an athletic tight end who will end up with double digit offers.

“It was pretty crazy,” Brooks said. “I actually had no idea Nebraska and Iowa were looking at me, but I had a feeling Tennessee might come because I talked to coach [Mark] Elder last week, but it was still a surprise to have it come in.”*

“He [Elder] was talking about facilities, and about how Tennessee has a brand new coaching staff that is really starting the program back up,” Brooks said. “He [Elder] was telling me about the facilities and the stadium, and how they have a 100-plus thousand fans always there every game.*

“The thing that stood out the most was definitely the new facility that they built. The new indoor facility and new facility for the football players specifically, just the way everything was set up it looked very beautiful. I was very impressed by it, and I can’t wait to actually see it, ” Brooks said. “I saw pictures of it, and oh man, it was just incredible. The stadium as well, he was telling me about the fans, and it looked pretty amazing.” He added, “I love how the fans get really into it, those fans down there they really know how to have some fun and they love football.”*

“I definitely want to get down there for a visit. Tennessee sounds like a great place, and I really want to go down there and see everything myself,” Brooks said. “I am hoping I can go down there possibly for a camp this summer or maybe even make it to one of their games.”*

-scout

VaTech leads, UT #2. Subject to change after visits and other offers

Reactions: 4 people
“It was pretty crazy,” Brooks said. “I actually had no idea Nebraska and Iowa were looking at me, but I had a feeling Tennessee might come because I talked to coach [Mark] Elder last week, but it was still a surprise to have it come in.”*

“He [Elder] was talking about facilities, and about how Tennessee has a brand new coaching staff that is really starting the program back up,” Brooks said. “He [Elder] was telling me about the facilities and the stadium, and how they have a 100-plus thousand fans always there every game.*

“The thing that stood out the most was definitely the new facility that they built. The new indoor facility and new facility for the football players specifically, just the way everything was set up it looked very beautiful. I was very impressed by it, and I can’t wait to actually see it, ” Brooks said. “I saw pictures of it, and oh man, it was just incredible. The stadium as well, he was telling me about the fans, and it looked pretty amazing.” He added, “I love how the fans get really into it, those fans down there they really know how to have some fun and they love football.”*

“I definitely want to get down there for a visit. Tennessee sounds like a great place, and I really want to go down there and see everything myself,” Brooks said. “I am hoping I can go down there possibly for a camp this summer or maybe even make it to one of their games.”*

-scout

VaTech leads, UT #2. Subject to change after visits and other offers

VA Tech has a lot of engineering fat chicks.. Don't go

Brooks said Virginia Tech and Tennessee are recruiting him hardest at the moment and he’d like to visit both programs this summer. He has tentative plans to trip to Knoxville on July 19.

“I’m very excited by Tennessee,” Brooks told InsideTennessee. “That one really means a lot to me. I like the Vols.”

--Scout

Reactions: 2 people
"Finally, Devante Brooks, a 2016 tight end from Washington D.C., spoke highly of Tennessee and plans to be on campus this summer."

-Fortenberry

And FWIW, Fortenberry used the word "finally" in a list of things.

Brooks said that Virginia Tech still leads. Tennessee has made a move and he has high interest in them. He will visit Tennessee the weekend of the Chattanooga game. Brooks said he can't wait to tour the campus and take in the atmosphere.

GoVols247

Reactions: 2 people
Volquest said Brooks has "high interest in the vols" and an upcoming visit could go a long way in landing his commitment.

Yeah the War Room today made it sounds like TN may very well be the leaders for him now. Good grief could you imagine getting Brooks and Emmonds in the fold early on top of what they already have committed?

He is visiting with teammate Terrell Hall, who looks like a very good player in his own right.

He's a 3 star DE on 247. Looks like he should be higher based on his hudl film. Someone should start a thread on him.

Elder will see Brooks and presumably his teammate Terrell Hall today.

VQ says we are in on Brooks big time and the implication is that lead as of right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Brooks> Angel

Without question. Brooks is elite. Might be the top TE prospect in the '16 class. TE's should be jumping at the chance of playing for Butch. They have done a great job with TE's.

Both his TE's at Cincy are in the NFL and were drafted in the first 3-4 Rounds (Kelce and Adrien Robinson) and the two freshman TE's this year both look like they are going to be pretty special as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch Jones and Mark Elder will be in Washington D.C. to see 2016 tight end Devante Brooks Thursday morning. Brooks is one of Tennessee's top targets for 2016 and Elder has the Vols positioned very nicely early on.

Virginia Tech is very much in the picture and once more teams see what he looks like in the spring 10 months removed from his ACL tear, there will likely be more contenders.

But, Tennessee has made a strong early impression on Brooks and he and his family seem to be very comfortable with Tennessee right now.

Look for Jones to visit with several 206 prospects in the Washington D.C. and New Jersey areas on Thursday.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 7 people
time_bomb_lost_girl.gif

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back