'16 NC DE Jimmie Taylor

Looks like a player, outside linebacker

I actually know this kid..he comes from a great program and has played in back to back state titles frosh/soph years..just turned 16..bench 325..absolute freak..great student..heading out to Stanford on a visit this summer.DE and can flat out get to the qb.FSU was on campus a week a 1/2 ago and Florida is interested...already has 5 offers..4 star rating

Reactions: 1 person
Taylor was at UT's junior day last weekend.

"It went well," Taylor said. "I learned that Tennessee is a family school. Tennessee has a lot of tradition. I hung out with coach Thigpen and coach Strip and we really got to talk." "They know what they want and they know what they are doing," Taylor said. "I think I could learn a lot from both of them. They have coached some great players and they seem to get the best out of their guys."

"I think my biggest strength is my pass rush," Taylor said. "My speed off the edge is something that gives me an edge. I'm always grinding and working on my game to get better. My main focus this offseason is getting bigger, faster and stronger."

"My freshman year we won state and then my sophomore year we lost in the state championship game," Taylor said. "Last year we lost in the Eastern Finals. I think we can pull together and get back there this year."

"Of course I want to play early," Taylor said. "I know I will have to work for it, but having the chance to earn playing time is important. I also want a place that feels like home. Somewhere if I'm feeling down then I can talk to a player or coach and get back on track."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
If he goes anywhere but unc it will be a shock. of course his head coach who is a notorious UNC homer and that has pushed several players to the holes in the past just retired. so we will see if that makes a difference

”NC State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Tennessee are standing out right now,” said the 6-foot-3, 230-pound Taylor. “I like the way the coaches at those schools handle business, but also have fun too.”

Taylor hasn’t visited anywhere lately, but he will go to Michigan next week. Following that trip, he will he head to Wisconsin at the end of the month, and Virginia and Virginia Tech in July.

VN Store

Back