'15 TX CB Darrell Miller (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_2863882.jpg

Darrell Miller
Cornerback
Cedar Hill, TX (Cedar Hill)
Ht: 5-10.5 | Wt: 169 | 40: 4.53
CLASS OF 2015

Darrell Miller - Yahoo! Sports

Darrell Miller

Darrell Miller - Hudl

Vols offered.

The Tennessee Volunteers ventured into Texas on Monday, offering 2015 defensive back Darrell Miller.

Miller is a three-star DB from Cedar Hill, TX (Cedar Hill) that 247Sports rates as the 53rd best cornerback in the nation and the 79th best player in the state of Texas.

The Texas native now has four offers according to 247Sports. In addition to his offer from Tennessee he’s also been offered by Boise State, Houston and Utah.

On the surface, Miller doesn’t look like a stand-out prospect. He doesn’t have a lot of offers, which is rare for an athlete in Texas.

But I wouldn’t be too concerned with any of that. Butch Jones and his staff are known for uncovering gems.

There’s obviously no way to know if Miller will turn out to be a gem, but I wouldn’t let his three-star rating define him as a recruit.
-Zach Ragan, AllForTennessee.com.

Miller is one of Cedar Hill head coach Joey McGuire's many FBS-caliber prospects, and he showed it Saturday. Even his position coaches were singing his praises during the 1-on-1 competition. The long-limbed cornerback displayed good athleticism and instincts to successfully cover his receivers.
Scout.com: Dallas NFTC: Top Defensive Performers

"Recruiting has been going good. I know it's about to blow up with spring practice starting," Miller explained. "Just today Tennessee, Indiana, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Boise State came out."

"Coach Martinez came to my practice on Monday and then I called him after practice and that's when he offered me," Miller said. "I've been talking to him for a couple of weeks now and he was telling me he was going to come to our first day of practice and he did and he liked what he saw and he offered me. It was great."

"I don't know too much. I know it's a great program for sure and I know it's in the SEC, which is the best conference in college football," Miller explained. "That's all I know about Tennessee. That was huge. I was too happy when I got this offer. I had been waiting on an SEC offer forever."

"I want to evaluate all of my offers at the end of the spring and then I want to take some officials in the fall and then just go with what the best fit is for me," Miller said.

-VQ

@_dmill9: I'm so blessed & thankful for all the colleges that have recruited me & I appreciated so much 👌5⃣🙏 @DamonSayles http://t.co/BAn6mFFn1r

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: 5 people
*Waits patiently for LV*

:zeitung_lesen:

Yes?

:p

Ohhh, your looking for some of my valuable insight. Ok, here goes.

IMO this young man is a prime candidate as an option IF we miss on 4-5 other CB options. IMO it's always a good sign when your back up plan has you #1 on their list.

JMO, TIIFWIW

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
:zeitung_lesen:

Yes?

:p

Ohhh, your looking for some of my valuable insight. Ok, here goes.

IMO this young man is a prime candidate as an option IF we miss on 4-5 other CB options. IMO it's always a good sign when your back up plan has you #1 on their list.

JMO, TIIFWIW
I haven't seen his film, but offer wise I agree. I just didn't want to be the one to say it :) #NumbersNeverLie

NumbersNeverLie.. Reminds me of Witch Doctor. Maybe you could change your name to Numbers Wizard or something.

A three-star rising senior cornerback from Cedar Hill (Texas) High School named his top five college choices earlier this week, revealing that Tennessee is his current leader.

Article on 247

Reactions: 1 person
The article said he wanted to commit before his senior season, in August. He loves our stadium, the facilities, and said he really likes the people.

Reactions: 1 person
The article said he wanted to commit before his senior season, in August. He loves our stadium, the facilities, and said he really likes the people.

If the staff has not gave Martin the green light to commit by Aug, this kid could very well be a take.

With Richmond set for Sept, I'd look for Ordway to maybe do something in October.

It does pose the question IF one of the bigger instate schools offered does that shake up his recruitment/list?

I just question if he's a legitimate take. Baylor has done what they have with "diamonds in the rough". If he were a take you'd think them TCU or TT would have some interest.

I'd love to hear LV's logic as to why the coaches are recruiting this "3rd" QB and passed on TG as the 3rd QB.

I'd love to hear LV's logic as to why the coaches are recruiting this "3rd" QB and passed on TG as the 3rd QB.

This may get tricky, but I'll give it a try. You see this "3rd QB" will line up on (hold on to your britches), Defense! He will call the defensive plays from the "QB" spot which in all reality is a CB spot. I believe CBJ plans to actually call this position the DQB "defensive QB".

TG would not actually work at this spot, no matter what his thread may claim. TIFWIW.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back