Millbrook
View Map
Ht:6'6"
Wt:241 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Kengera Daniel - Yahoo! Sports

Kengera Daniel

Junior Year Highlights

Tennessee offered Kengera Daniel today, a big defensive end from Raleigh, N.C.

I saw him in camp last month and he's pretty raw from what I remember but has a tremendous frame at about 6-6, 245 or so. Certainly looks the part, just has a ways to go of putting everything together.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people
Daniel had 85 tackles, 42 tackles for losses, 13 sacks and one interception during the Wildcats’ 10-4 season. Rivals.com has Daniel listed as top 20 in the country at his position.

"The colleges really love his versatility," said Scout.com's Michael Clark. "He can line up in a down position or as a stand up defense. He is long and lean and can put on a lot of weight. He is really athletic."

High Schools: Miami joins Alabama in quest for Millbrook defensive end | High School Sports | NewsObserver.com

Daniel had 85 tackles, 42 tackles for losses, 13 sacks and one interception during the Wildcats’ 10-4 season. Rivals.com has Daniel listed as top 20 in the country at his position.

"The colleges really love his versatility," said Scout.com's Michael Clark. "He can line up in a down position or as a stand up defense. He is long and lean and can put on a lot of weight. He is really athletic."

High Schools: Miami joins Alabama in quest for Millbrook defensive end | High School Sports | NewsObserver.com

Wow diametrically opposed to forts evaluation. The way he talked you'd never guess a DL had 85 tackles in a season.

"He told me the morning before he was going to come by and Coach Thigpen stopped by the school on Monday to watch my film and to watch two of my teammates as well, Marcus Marshall and James Smith-Williams," Daniel said. "He watched our film and he told my coach to have me to call him so I called him that night and he offered."

"I had been talking to him for about a month now on the phone and mostly on Facebook and Twitter. It was kind of a surprise. I know a few of my friends from around the area have Tennessee offers like Bryce Love and Sterling Johnson and they both said they loved it there so I will have to check it out," Daniel explained. "Bryce has told me about their brick-by-brick philosophy that coach (Butch) Jones is trying to establish and that he's trying to build the team back up to what it used to be."

"Definitely something I want to check out and find out more on what they're about and see what they are trying to build there and find out about their education and their football program," Daniel said. "I definitely want to head over there with a couple of friends that have an offer from them already."

"I though about setting up my initial commitment date on my birthday, July 29, but then I thought I might not have a decision by then so it might be later. But, I'm graduating early so I'll have to take my official visits early, too," Daniel said.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Raleigh (NC) Millbrook defensive end*Kengera Daniel*has 13 verbal offers. He'll see many of those schools and some others over the next two months. "I'm going to Tennessee this weekend, Ohio State on June 21, Miami for an unofficial visit sometime between July 1 and 10, Alabama camp on July 14, Wake Forest camp on July 18 and Michigan for an unofficial visit on July 27," Daniel told 247Sports.com Monday morning. The Crystal Ball reads 78-percent for Florida State, 11-percent for Alabama and 11-percent for Wake Forest for the three-star recruit.

“Tennessee is all over the place around here, man,” said Millbrook (N.C.) High School standout*Kengera Daniel. “They’re running around this state like they own it or something.

“I want to come to campus to find out more about it,” Daniel told InsideTennessee. “ I know I have a lot of friends in this area that have told me a lot about it and say it’s an awesome place. But, just to be honest, I don’t know much about Tennessee.”

“(Thigpen) is a really cool guy. That dude has a lot of jokes,” Daniel told IT. “He’s real down to Earth and funny. He’s one of the better ones recruiting me, that’s for sure. He’s always telling me they need me and I could play right away.”

-scout

Visiting this weekend

Reactions: 4 people
Funny how some claim jerseys don't matter but most of the kids tweet themselves in those smokey grey jerseys over our others.

Three-star defensive end Kengera Daniel of Millbrook High School in Raleigh, N.C., visited Tennessee for the first time Saturday, and he came away impressed with the Vols.

Article up on 247

Reactions: 1 person
"It was nice. I spent time with a couple of the players Dillon Bates, Todd Kelly and Jakob Johnson. They were all pretty cool guys," Daniel said. "I checked out the facilities with my parents, I got to talk to all of the coaches and I sat down with coach (Steve) Stripling and coach (Tommy) Thigpen and I talked to coach (Butch) Jones for a little bit. It was a great day overall and a great night."

"It was a great experience. I spent a majority of my time with coach Stripling," Daniel said. "We talked football and watched film and watched practices from the spring and watched some games from last year and talked about where I would fit in their defense."

"Coach Jones talked to my parents and told them how they want me there. We were pretty much surrounded by the staff the whole day and it was a great experience," he said.

"I'll definitely look back on the staff and how everyone is a family there and they worry about what you're doing and they have a lot of academic support and I had a good meeting with the head of the Thornton Center," Daniel said. "I talked to Todd about his major and it's the major I want to major in, biomedical engineering."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
"I talked to Todd about his major and it's the major I want to major in, biomedical engineering."

:yikes:

"I just visited Tennessee and it was pretty nice," said Daniel. "I met John Gruden up there when I was watching the quarterback camp. I spent the night with some players to see what it was like up there. I spent most of my time with coach Stripling and coach Thigpen. I got to look around the facilities and the town. I met coach Jones. It was definitely a great experience and my parents liked it.
-VolQuest.

Tennessee and Bama are 2 schools that will "definitely make his list" and likely get officials. Per a Michael Clark interview of scout

VN Store

Back