'15 VA DE Darrell Taylor (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
DARRELL-TAYLOR-140416-PRO.JPG

Athlete
Hopewell, Virginia
Hopewell
View Map
Ht:6'4"
Wt:220 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Darrell Taylor - Yahoo! Sports

Darrell Taylor

Darrell Taylor - Hudl

Vols and Gators both offered today.

Reactions: 1 person
RCS: Best of the Rest

Darrell Taylor from Hopewell was one of the most physically impressive kids at the event nearly standing eye-to-eye with Josh Sweat and he carries a lot of power in his game. Another long and lean defensive end prospect, the Blue Devils standout is and up-and-comer who could develop into one of the best prospects in the class. His reps were a bit limited however so not many analysts got a good look at his true abilities.

-Rivals

He's down to five right now, Tennessee, Ohio State, South Carolina, Florida and Virginia Tech.

He has visited OSU and VT and will see Tennessee on Saturday. I talked to his coach earlier and he said he is torn about making a decision early or taking official visits. Still trying to find out more about him.

As a side note, I think he's a guy that can move up even more this fall. He's put on about 20 pounds since last season and in talking to his coach he still has elite speed like he did last year. I think he has tremendous upside as a pass rusher.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
Just looked at his 247 profile. 100% of the CBs are for Virginia Tech. I don't give CBs a lot of weight ... but ... it would really SUCK if VT landed both Sweat and Taylor. Apparently, they have a reasonable shot at it.

On Darrell Taylor, 2015 athlete from Virginia...

Had a chance to visit with him tonight and he was really impressed with his first trip to Tennessee. Said he will be back for a game. He's seemed to really like his growing relationship with coach Stripling and how honest he is about everything.

Will have a story on him in the AM. He's an impressive kid at 6-4, 225 or so.

-Hubbs

Reactions: 2 people
This is the kid I want on the weak side. Speed, size and athleticism = Sacks. Sacks = the defense getting off the field. The defense getting off the field = The offense scoring Touchdowns. This kid = Touchdowns:td:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back