Where Are We Now With OL Recruiting

VAVolsFan2009

With Edoga committing to USCw and Harrell to Auburn, who are the OL prospects at the top of our board? Most likely to commit? There were some rumors that Harrell tried to commit at the O&W game but was not accepted at that time. He then committed to Auburn. Who are the 5-6 prospects we will accept?

Reactions: 1 person
We've already got Jack Jones and Zach Stewart.

1. Drew Richmond is undoubtedly our top target.

2. Followed by probably Austin Clark.

3. I think we're in good shape with Emanuel McGirt and Alex Givens in the next tier.

Last edited:
Stewart, Jones, Richmond. LS-Lovingood.

IF more spots become available(more than 8 kids leave UT), I think Clark is next.

Givens is in play IF Richmond picks osu, and Clark picks osu/vetch.

JMO

Pissed Off Women update?
Prince Of Wales update?
Play On Words update?
Party On Wheels update?
Plan Of the Week update?
Predatory Older Women update?
People Of Walmart update?

Reactions: 1 person
Good list. Personally I think Jackson gets moved to OT and we add Roseboro

He was in my early list, I just get the feeling he is another being slow played and could very well end up sticking in state.

IF Jackson is viewed as an OT per the staff, Roseboro or Olenga would probably be next options at DE.

OL targets:

Richmond - top 2-3
Clark - top 2
Pat Allen - Top 6
St. Louis
McGirt
Givens

DE Targets:

Walker
DeBerry
Roseboro
Phillips
Olenga
Marquavius Lewis
Josh Sweat
Josh Alabi
Marques Ford

DT:

Kahlil Mckenzie
DJ Jones
Tim Settle
Shy Tuttle
Sterling Johnson
Elijah Taylor
Darvin Taylor
Quintez Johnson
Keiron Howard

I think we finish with 11-12 OL/DL in this class.

Jones
Stewart
Richmond
Clark
Givens
Jackson
Butcher
Phillips
Deberry
McKenzie
Johnson
Jones

Reactions: 2 people
Start drinking heavily

we already have 3 solid OL prospects committed

have 1 really talented DE committed with Butcher

I think we are going to have a really good year on both DL and OL recruiting

I mean adding Richmond and Clark to what we have right now committed on the OL right now is already a really nice OL class and we lead for both

We may not have many DL on board right now but we are in it with a lot of really nice DL prospects and lead for a few

We brought in 8 guys on the DL in the last class so it makes sense to try and focus on getting as high a quality prospects as we can at DT and DE

Reactions: 2 people
Time for a POW update , come in POW!

tumblr_m4jpwgqIEK1qluzyjo1_500.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks to everyone for their input. I need to look at the threads for Allen and Givens. I 'm not familiar with Allen at all. I was only counting 2 OL as committed. I was listing Lovingood as a specialty player.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I need to look at the threads for Allen and Givens. I 'm not familiar with Allen at all. I was only counting 2 OL as committed. I was listing Lovingood as a specialty player.

Lovingood will only be a LS.

Some are counting Jackson as an OT. They may need to do that if they want to see a certain # of OL guys in the class.

Its April. We will be okay. BUT like I've said, we will need to at least make a bowl game this year to keep the recruiting up IMO.

VN Store

Back