Weekly Recruiting Update 4/13-4/19 (Homage to POA)

BigVol80

Fulmer for Life
Here's to you POA

Sunday
- Sterling Johnson @HighlightReal90 10m
@ReidBoy_97 congrats on the commitment bro! Might be joining you man!
- "Howard took a lot of reps during the one-on-one session and certainly grabbed everyone's attention with some big wins. He has a lot of natural athleticism and is still working on developing better technique. Howard's quickness and strength caught a lot of linemen off guard and he won the majority of his reps. One thing Howard did very well is use his leverage to his advantage. When he was able to combine that leverage with his quickness and strength, he often won the rep." - Rivals

Monday
- "Among those schools, I'd say Tennessee, Ohio State and a couple of other ones are recruiting me really hard," Clark said. "In about a week or two, I'm gonna narrow down my list to about six or seven schools that I'm really gonna focus on. "Tennessee definitely, Ohio State will definitely make the cut. Other than that, I'm still comparing different ones and in about a week or two, I'll know for sure. I really like Virginia Tech and I met Coach Searels," Clark said. "He's a great coach. He really knows his stuff. I'm actually hoping to get back there sometime in the next couple of weeks for a visit. I'll get to sit down and talk to him a little bit more. "They're definitely on my list. I really like them." -Rivals
- Sigchig dreams of Cecil Cherry again
- Yes, I still think they are in good shape with Gentry, but he also liked his Oklahoma State visit. - Fortenberry

Tuesday
- WestEndVol sees Jack Jones at Kroger
- Coach Willie Martinez is set to see Ordway today per Fortenberry.
- Gentry rattles off his finalists in simple terms. "Tennessee, Oklahoma State, Texas and Alabama,"

Wednesday
- Tommy Thigpen was in Griffin to check in on hybrid safety/linebacker Jordan Colbert. - Fortenberry
- Don Mahoney was again in the state checking on offensive line prospects as he saw Drew Richmond. - Fort
- [CA QB Travis] Waller said the Vols have told him that they believe he would be a good fit for their spread offense. “From what Bajakian told me, he said that I can definitely be a good fit in his offense. What they really need is a person that can run very well and that can also pass — a quarterback that can run, basically. (My coach) was filling me in on some stuff,” Waller said. “He said, definitely, it’s a football town, and everybody there loves Tennessee football. He said, ‘It’ll definitely be a good environment for you to play in,’ so right then and there, I was like, OK, I could definitely see myself at Tennessee." - 247
- Sterling Johnson bumped to 102 on ESPN rankings
- Steve Stripling was in Mississippi checking on junior college prospects including DJ Jones who we will have an update on later this week. - Fortenberry
- DJ Jones "It's really good just to know that I've got someone staying with me," Jones explained. "Some of the other schools made their choices and left me in the dust and now they've come back, but Tennessee has always been with me." Jones says he's taking it day by day and will narrow it to 10, then to 5 this summer, and decide in December.-VQ
- Offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian was in South Florida today and stopped by american Heritage in Plantation, Fla., to check in on quarterback Torrance Gibson as well as his teammates 2015 cornerback Tarvarus McFadden and 2016 athlete Dredrick Snelson. - Fortenberry

Thursday
- Vols offer Michael Horton
- FL QB Deondre Francois New Top 5: Ore, FSU, tOSU, UT and Auburn (HialeahGator expects meltdown on GB with Florida on the outside)
- @RecruitingAJC: Top 5 for LB/S Jordan Colbert are Clemson, Tennessee, #UGA Auburn & #FSU
- Vols offer DE MARQUES FORD "In a good group of defensive linemen, Ford stood out. He was one of the tallest defensive ends and was the most athletic and explosive. Ford won one-on-one reps using inside rips, outside rips, spin moves and with just pure speed and a head fake. There is a ton of room left in his frame and his potential is sky-high." - Rivals
- DC CB Marcus Lewis commits to UF

Friday
- Vols offer DB MOOK REYNOLDS
- Reynolds was the most dominant prospect at the entire event, regardless of position as he continues to star at marquee events this offseason. The Virginia Tech commit has grown nearly two inches from last year and with his new size, his physicality allows him to overpower opponents at the line. At the time Virginia Tech offered, Reynolds didn't have any other offers, but now it's clear that the Hokies landed a gem. - Rivals
- Vols offer AL OL Brandon Kennedy
- Ricky DeBerry visits tOSU
- OR QB Eric Dungey visits
- "It was awesome. I loved it," Dungey said. "Coach (Mike Bajakian) asked me to come out for the spring game and I got a tour of the facilities and the campus on Friday. I was blown away, not only by the facilities, but also the staff and the players and the family atmosphere they have there. I'm really just looking around right now to get an idea of where I'd want to be for four years. I'm glad I made the trip out to Tennessee because it was eye-opening," Dungey said. "I was really just trying to see if I could be there for four years and be around the coaches and just from watching them at the game I loved the way they coached. They'll get on you, but like they say, they love you and they're just coaching you. That's what I look for. They're easy to get along with, they know what they're doing and I would love to learn from them." - VQ
- Nathan Cottrell seems to be the most talked about recruit with no offer
- We are a "strong" leader for Sterling Johnson according to 247 “I told myself, if I make an All-American game, I’m going to announce at the game,” Johnson said. “But then I was like, well, I’m just going to announce it whenever my (All-America) jersey’s presented to me in front of the school.”

Saturday
- WI DT Kahlil McKenzie visits, rock was painted up nice and he had a great time. Cant seem to find a write up other than the Oklahoma one. His granddaddy is trying to get him to commit to the Vols....come on grandpa!
- Everyone in the nation commits to a team in Alabama
- Vols still have not offered Jackson Harris (natives are restless)
- OH LB Jerome Baker visits UT (Top 3 UF, UT, tOSU)
- "It definitely surprised me. I wasn't expecting anything this spectacular. The people are amazing. It caught me all off guard and it was just the icing on the cake," Baker said. "It was great. Going into it, I wasn't expecting it to be spectacular or anything but leaving, it was probably one of the best trips I've been on. It was a great university." - VQ
- Jaylond Woods changes high schools, starts a local high school debate on volnation
- Vols offer TN OL Alex Givens "Going into my junior year I was talking to my coach about all this recruiting stuff because that's when it started to get serious and he asked me, 'If there was one school you could pick right now, where would you want to go?' And I said, 'Tennessee.' And he said, 'We're going to make that happen,'" Givens explained. "So, it was kind of a shock yesterday that they offered because they kind of fell out of it for a while but now they're back in it." - VQ
- FL QB Torrance Gibson is 85% sure he is leaving Florida

Last edited:
Reactions: 38 people
I love these updates. Thanks for putting it together. Also, POA thanks for all the updates you did. I know they take time and they're appreciated. Thanks fellas.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for picking this up BigVol80 and thanks to POA for starting it.

Has anyone heard McKenzie's thoughts about his visit?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

060ec21017e667e3f8041664f8fb7b6b9cc8bbaee97d2e4d120a4871b50911a5.jpg

:good!::good!:
Big Vol...those of us who lurk silently in the dark corners really appreciate efforts like this to bring all the pertinent stuff together in one place. Many of us come here for the latest news and insights...and it is hard to find easily. I still think a few of the more knowledgeable members should get together and take turns doing a weekly summary or something. Wouldn't be such a burden that way. Very nice homage to POA though...whom is still missed greatly by the way.

VN Store

Back