Griffin
View Map
Ht:6'5"
Wt:205 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Christian Owens - Yahoo! Sports

Christian Owens

chris Owens - Hudl

UGA commit, cousin of Jordan Colbert and visiting UT on Thursday.

Last edited:
"Auburn's been trying to get me to come down for months," Owens told AuburnSports.com. "I felt like A-Day would be a great opportunity. The way that my meeting with Coach Gus (Malzahn) went, an offer may be coming. He was telling me he knows I'm committed to Georgia, and for me to land an offer, he has to know how serious I am. I'm very interested in Auburn."

"It was a one-sided game," Owens said. "I like the offense. Traditionally they run the ball more, but they opened it up. I like the screens, I really liked that. Those were some big-time grabs by Sammie Coates and Duke Williams. That showed me they put in work down here."

Owens plans to visit Tennessee on Thursday. The Volunteers could extend an offer. Auburn and Tennessee appear to be the stiffest competition to Georgia for Owens' services. And Owens' relationship with Colbert could play a deciding factor.

"It depends," he said. "We do want to go to the same school and we've been together for a long time, it would be nice to go to school with family. It would be good. I guess I'll be back and forth between (Auburn), Georgia and Tennessee."

-Auburn Rivals

Im wondering whats holding teams back from offering.

5.9 4*
Ranked 111 on Rivals

Rivals shows offers from UGA and Vandy
247 shows UGA, Clemson, UNC

He committed a year ago would be my guess.

Ahh, for some reason, I thought it was this year when I looked at it. But after watching his highlights, I say add some weight to him and make him a TE. He is hard to take down, and can go up and get the ball. Didnt show a whole lot of speed in film though. Hes 6'5" 205. If he could get to 240, he could make a great TE

JMO though

Ahh, for some reason, I thought it was this year when I looked at it. But after watching his highlights, I say add some weight to him and make him a TE. He is hard to take down, and can go up and get the ball. Didnt show a whole lot of speed in film though. Hes 6'5" 205. If he could get to 240, he could make a great TE

JMO though

Double post

JMO though

I have the same reponse after just watching his film...could add some weight and become an excellent TE.

Ahh The Required Volnation Tight End debate for any player ever that is 6'3 or taller

If you read my entire post, youll see why I initially said it. Hes hard to bring down (in some cases 3-4 kids couldnt bring him down). He can go up in get the ball (something that is perfect for a TE in goalline situations). And he doesnt show much speed in his film. I said TE because of his skillset and size... not just because hes tall.

I watched the barn's spring game and it wasn't even competitive.. The 1s destroyed the 2s. They threw the ball way more than they normally would. Even the commentators were saying that the coaches wanted to throw the ball around for the fans, but they wouldn't be doing that in the season.. I'm sure it was for the recruits too..

SN- Duke Williams and corey grant are the truth!

Ahh The Required Volnation Tight End debate for any player ever that is 6'3 or taller

I'm with you man. I think he's more of a problem at WR. People are always talking about speed at WR position but there are 3 ways to create separation at that position.

1.) Use your Size

2.) Speed/Athleticism.

3.) Your Route running ability.

I have read that Georgia is planning on taking 2 safeties this cycle. They supposedly have McGraw committed for one of them with Roundtree and Colbert being heavily recruited for the other spot. Somebody may fall off the ledge.

Either McGraw drops off because they get Roundtree and take Colbert to keep Owens in the fold, or

Colbert drops leaving them vulnerable with Owens on wherever Colbert lands.

Could play out in some way for UT between now and February.

Thursday, Thigpen was off the road to spend with Griffin, Ga., wide receiver Christian Owens who was on campus with his family and it seems it was worth it.

We caught up with Owens Thursday night after his visit this is what he had to say when asked, after his visit, if the Vols had a chance:

"After the visit today, Tennessee has definitely jumped up the list and I really have to take them into consideration because they offered me today and I love the offense and I love how they spread the ball because coach Jones came from Cincinnati and they threw the ball a lot up there. Also, I liked the campus and I felt like I was at home. It was a great campus, everyone was friendly and I liked what they had to offer academically and football-wise."

Look for Owens to make it back on campus sometime this summer or down the road.

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
I have read that Georgia is planning on taking 2 safeties this cycle. They supposedly have McGraw committed for one of them with Roundtree and Colbert being heavily recruited for the other spot. Somebody may fall off the ledge.

Either McGraw drops off because they get Roundtree and take Colbert to keep Owens in the fold, or

Colbert drops leaving them vulnerable with Owens on wherever Colbert lands.

Could play out in some way for UT between now and February.

I see McGraw flipping to us JMO.

"It was great. I loved it. It was a great feeling. It gave me a family feel. They just made me feel like I was at home," Owens said. "I was the only recruit up there today so it was a really good visit."

"Coach Thig came off the road and I got a chance to hang out with him and coach Jones. It was great. He was with us most of the day. We got to have lunch and we just hung out and just got to catch up. He's a really cool guy and I like him," Owens said. "Coach Thig told me, 'I don't come off the road from recruiting for a player unless he's a baller and I just want you to know you have an offer from us. And coach Jones doesn't spend his whole day following you around all day if you don't have an offer so we just wanted you to know you had one.'"

"When we first got there I met with coach Thig and coach Jones and then we went and toured the facilities and the complex and stuff," Owens explained. "Then we saw the weight room and practice locker room and we actually ran into a friend of the family, Fred White, we are from the same town and same high school, so that was cool.

"After the visit today Tennessee has definitely jumped up the list and I really have to take them into consideration because they gave me the offer today and I love their offense and they spread the ball and they're going to throw it because when he was at Cincinnati they threw the ball a lot up there," Owens said. "I liked it. The campus felt like I was at home. It was a great campus. I liked what they have to offer both football and academically."

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
I've seen Owens twice now. I agree that he's not a burner, but he's a good looking jumbo receiver guy in the mold of Jason Croom, with a bit more wiggle.

Still learning to use his body and he's only going to get bigger. He's a nice weapon to have wherever he ends up because he's big and athletic.

-Fortenberry

VN Store

Back