View Map
Ht:6'2"
Wt:293 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Brandon Kennedy - Yahoo! Sports

Brandon Kennedy

Brandon Kennedy - Hudl

Vols offered.

“It’s been great, I’m thankful to have options,” he said. “Tennessee and Mississippi State surprised me. I didn’t know many SEC schools had interest.

“Playing in that conference would be a nice accomplishment.”

-scout

If an in-state team offers, it's likely over

Auburn is in the "evaluation" stages. I think that just means we will keep communication lines open incase other guys commit elsewhere. Not sure but I think he would jump at an offer

"It's going pretty good," Kennedy said. "I just got two more offers this week from Mississippi State and Tennessee. I've been talking to several schools as well. It shows that all the work I've put in is paying off."

"I just started researching them," Kennedy said. "I know Peyton Manning went there and it really surprised me when coach Thigpen called me and offered me. He seems like a really nice guy and he's coming by my school this week."

"I've really narrowed it down to the SEC schools," Kennedy said. "Things that are important to me are academics and location. It wouldn't bother me to leave the state, but I think some of the other schools offer a lot as well."

So when might a decision come? Kennedy is hoping to take trips this spring and summer that will allow him to make a decision that is well thought out. "I want to get it done by the end of the summer," Kennedy said. "I want to get it over with before football starts so I don't have to worry about anything. I'm graduating early and I want to make sure I can be an early enrollee."

-VQ

WOW! A Wetumpka Indian! My alma mater. I suspect this will go Auburn's way unless he wants to leave the state.

After reviewing his offer list I would be very surprised if GT is not a major player here. The have had two successive starting QB's from Wetumpka and are well connected with the Indian program. Atlanta has a lot to offer kids from a small central Alabama town

Just hope Butch can make a difference if we really want him. He is a true guard and we need wide body tackles.

“I visited*Tennessee, also,” Kennedy said, laughing. “It was very, very nice, it was more than I expected. I didn’t know the campus was that nice.”

“We viewed the facilities and the stadium,” he said. “They have a great campus and nice facilities, along with a great coaching staff.

“The coaches were talking to me about how much they wanted me to be there. They offered me earlier.”

- scout

Reactions: 2 people
Here is the latest update from BOL-247 on BK

"Brandon Kennedy

Offensive Lineman
Wetumpka (Ala.)
The Skinny: Kennedy is one of the South’s hottest offensive linemen, picking up offers from Clemson, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Duke, and Ole Miss, this spring alone. The 6-foot-2, 300-pouder will participate in Alabama’s OL-DL camp in a few weeks in an effort to glean an offer from the Tide, a program he grew up following. While Alabama currently has three commitments from prospects ranked as offensive guards, the staff will give Kennedy a close look at camp and see what he brings to the table."

Tennessee hosted a group of several top targets from the state of Alabama this past week, including Rivals250 center prospect Brandon Kennedy.

The Wetumpka, Ala., native has been keeping in touch with offensive line graduate assistant and former Vol Anthony Parker and liked what he saw in Knoxville.

"I actually talk to coach Parker and we set the visit and we went down there," Kennedy said. "Tennessee was great. Their campus was exciting and their stadium is huge."

The 6-foot-2, 293-pound versatile offensive lineman admitted he wasn't familiar with Tennessee before the visit but came away impressed with what Tennessee had to offer.

"I didn't know much," Kennedy explained. "I just saw, from videos and stuff, some games and I was just amazed at how big the facilities had to offer and the program as a whole."

Kennedy was able to spend time several Vol coaches during his visit and he likes how they see him fitting into the offense on Rocky Top

"I talked to coach (Don) Mahoney. I didn't get to talk to coach Jones, he was at the SEC Meetings, but I talked to most of the coaches, the offensive coordinator, the running backs coach," Kennedy said. "They really think I'm versatile. They think I can play more than one position and can play either center or guard."
-VolQuest.com.

Reactions: 3 people
Here is the latest update from BOL-247 on BK

"Brandon Kennedy

Offensive Lineman
Wetumpka (Ala.)
The Skinny: Kennedy is one of the South’s hottest offensive linemen, picking up offers from Clemson, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Duke, and Ole Miss, this spring alone. The 6-foot-2, 300-pouder will participate in Alabama’s OL-DL camp in a few weeks in an effort to glean an offer from the Tide, a program he grew up following. While Alabama currently has three commitments from prospects ranked as offensive guards, the staff will give Kennedy a close look at camp and see what he brings to the table."

Bama going to take 4 OGs? on top of them having 5 stars about 5 deep at every position. lol im sure the kid will jump at the offer if he gets it but these kids are going to sitting a while at Bama.

Four-star rising senior offensive lineman*Brandon Kennedy*of Wetumpka (Ala.) High School says his first visit to Tennessee on Wednesday turned out to be "better than I expected" and put the Vols "in the mix" in his recruitment.

The 6-foot-2, 295-pound Kennedy also traveled to Clemson on Friday, visiting the Tigers for the second time, and he said they're "a school that I'll also take into strong consideration." He said both Tennessee and Clemson are likely to make the cut when he narrows his list of more than 20 offers to approximately eight choices this summer.

Kennedy is ranked the nation's No. 270 overall prospect and No. 16 offensive guard in the 247Sports Composite for the 2015 class.

Reactions: 1 person
Transferring from Bama as a Grad Transfer per Matt Zenitz

This was interesting... "Like Warmack, Kennedy was part of the Tide's 2015 recruiting class.

With those two gone, only nine of the 24 members of that class are still at Alabama.”

This was interesting... "Like Warmack, Kennedy was part of the Tide's 2015 recruiting class.

With those two gone, only nine of the 24 members of that class are still at Alabama.”

Recruited over and they got on with their life's work.

Probably doesn't hurt them as much as most were recruited over. butch lost guys like Wharton, Hendrix, Helm, Hurd, Preston that could have been starting

VN Store

Back