MHORTON150.JPG

Offensive guard
Atlanta, Georgia
Lakeside
View Map
Ht:6'4"
Wt:320 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/...rton-155038;_ylt=Al2AKEz4craufyuieYqGIUiqt5B4

Mike Horton

Mike Horton - Hudl

Vols offered.

Reactions: 2 people
Mike Horton ‏@big_mike247 20h
Great visit to Rocky Top today! Go Vols!
Bqr6fesCYAAUYFC.jpg

Mike Horton ‏@big_mike247 20h
Me and Coach Jones
Bqr6zdsCEAEFAfw.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Coaches must have Jack Jones inked in as a RT, because we sure are recruiting a lot of guard prospects. I thought we would take 2 more OT...Richmond and one more, and we would be done with OL recruiting.

Coaches must have Jack Jones inked in as a RT, because we sure are recruiting a lot of guard prospects. I thought we would take 2 more OT...Richmond and one more, and we would be done with OL recruiting.

IF they plan to take a G, why in the world don't they just get Harrell back in the fold? OL recruiting seems strange this year.

I do think Jones at RT makes the most sense. He will do fine in the SEC once he puts on about 25-30LBS.

IF they plan to take a G, why in the world don't they just get Harrell back in the fold? OL recruiting seems strange this year.

I do think Jones at RT makes the most sense. He will do fine in the SEC once he puts on about 25-30LBS.

FTR Harrell is still in contact with our coaches, particularly CBJ

I saw a picture of him and Butch in the stadium and he is a big kid. Anyone know anything about him?

The discrepancy in rankings from Rivals to 247 is becoming astounding. Horton's offer list rivals that of any 5* OL in the country and yet he's a "bottom-rung" 3* on Rivals. If it wasn't for their layout and their "history" I wouldn't even visit their site. They're fastly approaching Scout's level when it comes to evaluations.

A bit off topic, but do you see Dylan Jackson with Eric Fisher type potential?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't. The kid is a LONG way before that discussion is even worth having IMO. I know a lot of folks are talking about it now, but unless Maryville intends to use him at OT this year, I think he is a DE at Tennessee for at least his 1st 2 years on campus. If I were him, I would be fighting the "talk" of a move like that. He is a talented DE right now. He agrees to try and make the move after getting to UT and there is a VERY good chance IMO it costs him his whole college career at Tennessee. Eric Fisher happened at Central Michigan. This is the SEC. Now if UT intended to bring in converted DEs all weighing 235-240LBS to play OT for the next 3-4 years, I might go for it if I were Dylan. Knowing that UT will continue to bring in top HS/Juco OTs all weighing 285-310 and ready to go from day 1? Dylan would be wise to say no thanks and stick at DE. JMO

I think the main problem with this is that he has so much more potential at guard. But then again at this time last year no one had Coleman Thomas pegged as a RT.

There is no "next Eric Fisher." His story is unique. We need to stop thinking 230 lb high school players are going to develop into #1 draft picks as OTs.

There is no "next Eric Fisher." His story is unique. We need to stop thinking 230 lb high school players are going to develop into #1 draft picks as OTs.

Where in my question did "next Eric Fisher" arise?

Reactions: 1 person
Where in my question did "next Eric Fisher" arise?

You asked if he has the same potential. Ever since we hired Butch, people have been comparing our recruits to Eric Fisher. My point is that it's the wrong question to ask. No, he doesn't have Eric Fisher potential. No 230 llb high school player can be said to have that type of potential at OT in my opinion. Eric Fisher was less than a one million story. I seriously doubt we will ever see another story quite like his.

You asked if he has the same potential. Ever since we hired Butch, people have been comparing our recruits to Eric Fisher. My point is that it's the wrong question to ask. No, he doesn't have Eric Fisher potential. No 230 llb high school player can be said to have that type of potential at OT in my opinion. Eric Fisher was less than a one million story. I seriously doubt we will ever see another story quite like his.

Gotcha.

VN Store

Back