'15 FL DE Marques Ford (FORMER UT commit)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_1305933.jpg

Marques Ford
Strong-Side Defensive End
Gibsonton, FL (East Bay)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 220 | 40: 4.70
CLASS OF 2015

Marques Ford

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/...Ford-160075;_ylt=AtbW7QMKsaa6Cm58x4IOOGeqt5B4

Marques Ford - Hudl

Vols offered.

Rivals Camp Series - Miami

RCS MIAMI: Top Performers - Defense

3. DE MARQUES FORD GIBSONTON (FLA.) EAST BAY
In a good group of defensive linemen, Ford stood out. He was one of the tallest defensive ends and was the most athletic and explosive. Ford won one-on-one reps using inside rips, outside rips, spin moves and with just pure speed and a head fake. There is a ton of room left in his frame and his potential is sky-high.

Reactions: 4 people
Quick note on the Ford offer, Tennessee coaches had heard about him, went to the school, watched his film and offered before leaving. I think he's a guy that that's going to happen to several times this spring with more schools visiting. Not like he's lacking offers, as Tennessee was No. 20 for him.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee sent several assistant coaches to the Tampa, Fla., area last weekend and one nearby defensive end had caught their eye recently, enough to get them to visit. And when the Tennessee coaches arrived at East Bay High School in Gibsonton, Fla., they offered defensive lineman Marques Ford after watching his film.

"I was pretty surprised. We were only in contact for a few days so apparently they liked me a lot," Ford said. "The coach talked to me on twitter and then they came to the school and watched my film and they offered me."

"They left a packet about Tennessee and I've been reading it. They are really new to me. I have no knowledge of them expect they're in the SEC," Ford said.

"I'm really interested in Tennessee. I've watched a few videos on Tennessee and their facilities are great and their coaching staff seems really good from what I know so far," Ford explained. "I want to take a visit to Tennessee. But, I have to wait and see what my schedule looks like. I'm going to wait until after my senior season."

-VQ

Top 8 (No Order):

Rutgers, Tennessee, Duke, Miami, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, *UCF and*Clemson.

Three-star rising senior defensive end*Marques Ford*of East Bay High School in Gibsonton, Fla., posted on his Twitter account Monday that he's scheduled to visit Tennessee on Thursday through Saturday.

Reactions: 2 people
Nice! Butch is a beast. This is throwing some serious twists in our expected class. Oh well, let's take em all.

VN Store

Back