No Weekly Recruiting Update

UTDreamTeam#22#25

Been a little bummed not seeing the recruiting update post these past two weeks . Im sure there was a little less to talk about than usual or something just came up . Just wanted to let it be known these updates are greatly appreciated and it's my favorite post section on Volnation . Hope it continues ! Go Vols . With the recruiting contact week starting and spring ball over , we should have some cool things happening :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
Been a little bummed not seeing the recruiting update post these past two weeks . Im sure there was a little less to talk about than usual or something just came up . Just wanted to let it be known these updates are greatly appreciated and it's my favorite post section on Volnation . Hope it continues ! Go Vols . With the recruiting contact week starting and spring ball over , we should have some cool things happening :good!:

O&W game just over....spring practice done....we just got a commit from the RB from Concord NC last week...Moved up the charts to Number 7 2015 class in country...

Basketball in limbo...coach has left and no one to recruit this week...

That's about it... for this week...stay tuned...:hi:

POA, if you need someone to take over for a week two just hit me up on Twitter. Not sure if you remember but I used to do the exact same thread before yours, so I know how it goes. Appreciate all the time you put into those things man! VolNation owes you.

Reactions: 1 person
Plain and simple. Nobody used the thread, so I quit doing it. It was intended for people to be able to find quotes when they were looking for it and people to be able to read what they missed. Yet every thread, people were clueless as to what was going on. The threads got no responses and fell to the bottom of the page almost instantly and people just overlooked them. I mean its been 2 and a half weeks and this is the first mention of someone not seeing it.

Besides, after some of the stuff ive read over the past few days, im not sure if im sticking around for much longer. Might come back after things settle down and people stop bashing players and recruits

Reactions: 11 people
Plain and simple. Nobody used the thread, so I quit doing it. It was intended for people to be able to find quotes when they were looking for it and people to be able to read what they missed. Yet every thread, people were clueless as to what was going on. The threads got no responses and fell to the bottom of the page almost instantly and people just overlooked them. I mean its been 2 and a half weeks and this is the first mention of someone not seeing it.

Besides, after some of the stuff ive read over the past few days, im not sure if im sticking around for much longer. Might come back after things settle down and people stop bashing players and recruits
I mean I've given my thoughts before. I read mostly every post, so I rarely use the thread. I get all the updates. You're 100000% correct though the people who needed the thread didn't use it. I thought it was a great idea, and pefect execution , but your thread just wasn't given the sticky I think it deserved. The people who really needed it didn't know about it because it was buried.

No doubt it deserved a weekly sticky in this forum. I guarantee there are a lot of lurkers and infrequent posters who are missing it the most.

Reactions: 8 people

I can't let you leave like that, brah!

Dka4ii8.gif

The star gazers are strong these days but I think we all enjoy your posts. I esp. like your video updates all the time.

Yeah POA can't leave. Bruin leaving was bad enough. I like most of all the regulars of the crootin forum (including LV and Bruin). Hell babyavi was good for a laugh when he was around.

Agree , it was very helpful in light that I do not have subscriptions to the recruiting services sights , and that I rarely post often . I'm pretty knowledgable and up to date with most recruit info . Your post just had a ton of little details and info that made for a great read ! If you decide to stop the posts , know your previous work was well appreciated !

WTH??

First off POA, I know I'm not alone when I say I VERY MUCH appreciated the Weekly Update thread. It provided the easiest way for someone like me, who barely has time to scroll through the board anymore, to get a synopsis of everything going on, in one location. So, for that, thank you.

I prefaced what I'm about to say with that because I don't want to come off overly condescending but....did you honestly expect to be lavished with praise every time you posted the update? I don't know if you were looking for 100+ "likes" every time it was posted but, you do realize that the Recruiting Thread usually dies down for a good 6-8 weeks (if not more) after signing day each year, right?

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "after some of the stuff I've read over the past few days..." but c'mon man, the weekly update thread was EASILY one of the most popular running threads on here.

Would I have put the work in that you did, without being paid? Hell no.
Am I about to pay for that information? Hell no. :)
Am I a cheap bast*** for that? Maybe...but why pay for info that you know you'll get for free??

I can't say I would blame you if you didn't bring it back. I'd at least take some time off though...

Reactions: 9 people

Loved this thread man...was out on vacation the last two weeks so didn't notice it hadn't been done. Please reconsider doing it!

WTH??

First off POA, I know I'm not alone when I say I VERY MUCH appreciated the Weekly Update thread. It provided the easiest way for someone like me, who barely has time to scroll through the board anymore, to get a synopsis of everything going on, in one location. So, for that, thank you.

I prefaced what I'm about to say with that because I don't want to come off overly condescending but....did you honestly expect to be lavished with praise every time you posted the update? I don't know if you were looking for 100+ "likes" every time it was posted but, you do realize that the Recruiting Thread usually dies down for a good 6-8 weeks (if not more) after signing day each year, right?

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "after some of the stuff I've read over the past few days..." but c'mon man, the weekly update thread was EASILY one of the most popular running threads on here.

Would I have put the work in that you did, without being paid? Hell no.
Am I about to pay for that information? Hell no. :)
Am I a cheap bast*** for that? Maybe...but why pay for info that you know you'll get for free??

I can't say I would blame you if you didn't bring it back. I'd at least take some time off though...

I wasnt looking for praise for it. But im not going to spend hours working on it if only 3-5 people read it. I didnt care about the likes. I just didnt like people coming into threads complaining that theres no info because people had conversations. That was the way around it, but nobody used it.

Reactions: 3 people
If id have known it was important to POA to have responses on the updates id have stayed on top of it and bumped it like Cecil Cherrys thread! I speak for most Volnationers when I say that we NEED your updates POA!! I cancelled my subs to other sites because I lost my job and I could get it all from your post no joke!! Please dont leave us POA and if u ever bring the Update back ill meet it across the middle like Cecil and bump it daily!
GO VOLS

I wasnt looking for praise for it. But im not going to spend hours working on it if only 3-5 people read it. I didnt care about the likes. I just didnt like people coming into threads complaining that theres no info because people had conversations. That was the way around it, but nobody used it.

Looks like your weekly thread was getting 2,000-4,000 views on average. Seems like a pretty legit number to me.

Reactions: 4 people

I'm not sure what you mean by "nobody used it". If the purpose was to provide a thread for people to read what they missed, then you hit your intended mark.

As far as the complaints...why GAF? Do what you do for your reasons, not anyone else's.

I'm not sure what you mean by "nobody used it". If the purpose was to provide a thread for people to read what they missed, then you hit your intended mark.

As far as the complaints...why GAF? Do what you do for your reasons, not anyone else's.

It was to stop people from coming into threads saying stuff like, "Can we stop talking about (insert topic), I came here to find out info on (insert recruit)". Then get into a big argument about it, while Im directing them to the Weekly Update. People continued to complain about not finding info, which made me think they werent using it.

It was to stop people from coming into threads saying stuff like, "Can we stop talking about (insert topic), I came here to find out info on (insert recruit)". Then get into a big argument about it, while Im directing them to the Weekly Update. People continued to complain about not finding info, which made me think they werent using it.

As we say in the south "well, bless your heart."

That battle was lost a long, long, long, time ago. Conversation is going to flow naturally in player threads, regardless of what happens--sometimes good, sometimes not.

Trying to prevent that is like trying to have a rational discussion in the FF...it might happen but it's short-lived at best.

Reactions: 4 people
As we say in the south "well, bless your heart."

That battle was lost a long, long, long, time ago. Conversation is going to flow naturally in player threads, regardless of what happens--sometimes good, sometimes not.

Trying to prevent that is like trying to have a rational discussion in the FF...it might happen but it's short-lived at best.

not what i was saying. im fine with the offtopic conversations. just not the people that came into the threads pissed off because they couldnt find the info. it was to let us continue on off topics and also have a place where all the info was.

I read it every week. Thought you were sick or busy with work. Sorry to see it go.

POA - I love 'em. But I also understand the time and effort is substantial. If you feel not enough people were utilizing them, I get it.

No doubt it deserved a weekly sticky in this forum. I guarantee there are a lot of lurkers and infrequent posters who are missing it the most.

POA, you certainly have the right to discontinue the weekly recap for whatever reason. Honestly, I could not believe how much time you put into that every week. Please know that even though it may not have been used as intended, those of us who did read it thoroughly enjoyed it, and from the comments posted, was very much appreciated. Your efforts demonstrate the depth of passion Vol fans have for our team and university.

not what i was saying. im fine with the offtopic conversations. just not the people that came into the threads pissed off because they couldnt find the info. it was to let us continue on off topics and also have a place where all the info was.

I liked your weekly updates. I looked for them every week and was glad to get the information. I have missed your reports but, like most on here, I didn't ask why they were missing. I can't imagine the time it must take to compile that information each week. Lots of folks just read and rarely post on here. I'm one of those guys. If I don't like some of the posters criticism, I just put them on ignore. Love that little button :salute::salute::salute:

Thanks for all of your efforts POA. The information you compiled kept me in the loop where I wouldn't have been without it. Appreciated even if I didn't always let you know.

POA...never posted before as I never had anything insightful or informational to add. But I wanted to let you know that once I found one of the weekly updates, I never missed another. The posts really should have been "sticky"ed. But other than saying "Thank you" thousands of times each week, what else could have been said? I liked the lack of clutter & useless chatter. I think it would be awesome if the Mods would sticky the thread and some of the really good, smart posters could work together to keep it going and not burn out one or two. If you never post another update, just know that I can't be the only one who dug through the pages to find it every week. I would have probably started this thread but I just thought something important came up personally...and I didn't want to put any undue pressure if there was some issue. Thanks for the hard work. It will be missed...

VN Store

Back