Lexington
View Map
Ht:6'5"
Wt:236 lbs
Class:2016 (High School)

Tariqious Tisdale - Yahoo! Sports

Tariqious Tisdale

TARIQIOUS TISDALE Highlights - Hudl

Don't be surprised if Stripling stops by Lexington High School in West Tennessee at some point in the spring evaluation period to see 2016 athlete Tariqious Tisdale. Tisdale is a 6-foot-4, 220-pound linebacker that looks very intriguing on film and has seemed to peak the interest of the Vols early on.

-VQ

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Seen this kid play last year I think he will get better so could be a name that pops up more during his senior year.

This offer is just part of Butch's master plan to get Kesling so tongue tied that he actually goes mute, paving the way for Mike Keith to be hired as the new Voice of the Vols!

Reactions: 7 people
FWIW, Lexington started a freshman QB last year, Tylan Johnson (6-2, 220), whose film is very impressive, IMO. He'll probably need his own thread before long.

Haven't been able to find his football stats but Johnson's also an outstanding basketball & baseball player who already has an 85-mph fastball.

This offer is just part of Butch's master plan to get Kesling so tongue tied that he actually goes mute, paving the way for Mike Keith to be hired as the new Voice of the Vols!

Hmmm... rather see Charles Davis as the voice of the Vols. Actually rather see him as the AD.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee defensive coordinator John Jancek was by Lexington High School in Lexington today to see 2016 athlete/linebacker Tariqious Tisdale. I know he's generated some conversation here a few times and from talking to a couple of people it seems Tennessee has started the evaluation process with him.

I know he played a lot of running back this past year, but he'll be playing more linebacker and either there, or more likely on the defensive line, is where I can see him ending up.

-Fortenberry

Lexington High School in Lexington, Tenn., may be home to a 2016 sleeper prospect in linebacker Tariqious Tisdale. But, that could quickly change this summer as the 6-foot-5, 241-pound defensive prospect plans to camp at Tennessee and Ole Miss.

Tennessee, Ole Miss, MTSU and Tennessee State have all come to visit Tisdale this spring and he's talked to defensive coordinator John Jancek. "He told me that he wants to tell people that I'm going to be his next all-state , All-SEC player," Tisdale said of their conversation.

Tisdale said he plans to be in Knoxville in early June for camp and wants to show the Vol coaches what he can do. "I want to go up there and show them I'm big and I can move," Tisdale offered. "I'm fast and I hit hard."

Tisdale may not be finished growing yet at as he finishes his sophomore year. "I started out short. I grew three inches between eighth grade and freshman year," Tisdale said.

-VQ

I think I put him in my 2016 class as a LB. If he is indeed 6'5 240+ now, I may need to move him to DE. A couple months from now, maybe to DT. :)

Asked what stood out most, Tisdale replied: “The stadium, how big everything is here. I talked to coach (Butch) Jones. He told me to keep doing what I’m doing, that he’s real close to offering.”

Like many kids who grow up in Tennessee, Tisdale is flattered by the attention the state university is showing him.

“It’s great,” he said. “That’s real big. They like me. They really like me at defensive end. I did running back and D-end (at the camp). I was the tallest running back there.”

Keep an eye on Tariqious Tisdale

Building the West Tn pipeline.....Richmond in '15, This kid from Lexington and Emmitt Gooden out of Brownsville in '16....I like it.

VN Store

Back