OLB - Quarte Sapp
MLB Cecil Cherry
CB - Cameron Ordway, Justin Martin
S - Rico McGraw, Stephen Griffin
ATH -Jaylond Woods, JaJuan Jennings
Long snapper - Riley Lovingood

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Butch Jones has termed this 2015 class as the "Dreamteam" Class. We fininshed in the top 5 last year, I think we will finish in the top 10 this year.

Please don't turn this into a numbers discussion. We will sign 18-22 indivduals in this class.

QB - Zach Gentry, Brandon Wimbush
RB - Bryce Love
WR - Preston Williams, TJ Rahming,
OLine - Drew Richmond, Marquel Harrell, Jack Jones, Zach Stewart, Chuma Edoga
DE - Kyle Phillips, Andrew Butcher, Dylan Jackson
DT- Khalil Mckenzie, Sterling Johnson
OLB - Ricky Deberry
MLB Cecil Cherry
CB - Micah Abernathy, Cameron Ordway, Ugo Amadi
S - Rico McGraw
ATH -Jaylond Woods
Yes please

Butch Jones has termed this 2015 class as the "Dreamteam" Class. We fininshed in the top 5 last year, I think we will finish in the top 10 this year.

Please don't turn this into a numbers discussion. We will sign 18-22 indivduals in this class.

RB - Bryce Love
OLB - Ricky Deberry
MLB Cecil Cherry
S - Rico McGraw
ATH -Jaylond Woods

Cecil Cherry is actually the one who named the 2015 class the Dreamteam class. Butch just didn't want to tell Cecil no, because then he may have to meet him across the middle! :)

RB - Bryce Love
OLB - Ricky Deberry
MLB Cecil Cherry
S - Rico McGraw
ATH -Jaylond Woods

If you believe that we won't sign more than 22 players, you have to delete one of those names and add LONGSNAPPER Riley Lovingood. I don't know why we're giving a scholarship to a long snapper, but apparently we are.

23 deal with it.

QB: Zach Gentry
RB: Bryce Love
WR: Preston Williams, Van Jefferson, Jaylond Woods
OL: Drew Richmond, Marquel Harrell, Jack Jones, Zach Stewart
DE: Kyle Phillips, Andrew Butcher
DT: Khalil McKenzie, Sterling Johnson
OLB: Keaton Anderson
MLB: Cecil Cherry
CB: Micah Abernathy, Garrett Taylor, Cam Ordway
S: Stephen Griffin
LS: Riley Lovingood
ATH: Jerome Dews, Dylan Jackson, Jauan Jennings

Last edited:
23 deal with it.

OLB: Keaton Anderson, Carl Tucker Jr
ATH: Dylan Jackson, Jauan Jennings

You guys are forgetting about Dews too.

23 deal with it.

OLB: Keaton Anderson
ATH: Jerome Dews, Dylan Jackson, Jauan Jennings
Bump for adding Dews

Reactions: 1 person

RB - Bryce Love
OLB - Ricky Deberry
MLB Cecil Cherry
S - Rico McGraw
ATH -Jaylond Woods

If WorleyBird ends up being the starter, then Zack Gentry may come to Tennessee but if an underclassman gets the starting job at q.b., you won't see him at Tennessee.

ahh forgot Dews

updated on mine

RB - Taj Griffin
OLine - Drew Richmond, Marquel Harrell, Jack Jones, Zach Stewart,
DT- Khalil Mckenzie, DJ jones
OLB - Quarte Sapp, Jerome Dews
MLB Cecil Cherry
CB - Micah Abernathy, Cameron Ordway, Stephen Grifiin
S - Rico McGraw
ATH -Jaylond Woods

Last edited:
If WorleyBird ends up being the starter, then Zack Gentry may come to Tennessee but if an underclassman gets the starting job at q.b., you won't see him at Tennessee.

This is a very definitive statement with such little evidence. Dobbs is already 2 classes ahead of him, possibly 3 if Gentry redshirts.

Damnit too small of a class for everyone. I'll fix it

Between now an NSD, we will lose several more players. Every year, the roster is thinned out.

Maybe one of the q.b.'s will transfer, once the depth chart is settled at q.b.

Maybe one of the runningbacks who will never see the field once Paulk & Hurd are healthy will transfer.

Any player who is buried in the depth chart and doesn't even play on special teams will no doudt contemplate a transfer.

You all really think we will be getting a Georgia commit that is cb'd to bama like a mofo? Come on now...

I'll give this a whirl... Hope this gets bumped to see how bad I finished

QB: Gentry
RB: Love
WR: Williams, Woods, Jefferson
TE: N/A
OL: Stewart, Jones, Jackson, Richmond, Clark

DE: Olenga, Butcher, Phillips
DT: Jones, McKenzie
LB: Cherry, DeBerry, Anderson
DB: Amadi, Ordway, Griffin
ATH: Bruce
LS: Lovingood

JMO...

Wildcards: McGraw, Harrell, Boulware, Tucker Jr, Jackson Harris, Roseboro, Sterling Johnson, McMillon, Rahming, and maybe Swinney.

Last edited:
QB-Zach Gentry
RB-Rocky Reid
WR-Preston Williams, Jaylond Woods
TE-None
OL-Zach Stewart, Jack Jones, Drew Richmond
DT-Sterling Johnson, Kahlil McKenzie
DE-Andrew Butcher, Kyle Philips
LB-Cecil Cherry, Jerome Dews, Keaton Anderson
CB-Cameron Ordway, Jeryl Brazil
S-Stephen Griffin
LS-Riley Lovingood
OT/DE-Dylan Jackson
ATH-Jajuan Jennings

Last edited:
QB-Zach Gentry
RB-Rocky Reid
WR-Preston Williams, Jaylond Woods
TE-None
OL-Zach Stewart, Jack Jones, Drew Richmond
DT-Sterling Johnson, Kahlil McKenzie
DE-Andrew Butcher, Kyle Philips
LB-Cecil Cherry, Jerome Dews, Ricky DeBerry
CB-Ugo Amadi, Cameron Ordway
S-Stephen Griffin
LS-Riley Lovingood
OT/DE-Dylan Jackson
ATH-Carl Tucker

That's 20.

I'd be really happy with that class. I'd chop one for another offensive guard though.

I'd be really happy with that class. I'd chop one for another offensive guard though.

That could be the case with Harrell already setting another commitment date for his Bday. IMO it would be Tucker for Harrell if it came down to that.

Surprised at how many are not including Jennings. This class needs him, and here's why…

1. Butch has said he likes to carry 5 QB's and its easy to see why after last season. You're not going to get 2 big-time QB's in this class, that's a pipe dream. But we do need 2 QB's.

2. Jennings is a guy who can do some things at QB but is limited. Give him a shot, and if nothing else create a small package of plays for him in select situations. He adds depth for emergencies in 2015.

3. Jennings is arguably the number 1 DB prospect in Tennessee this year. His potential at safety is through the roof. Chances are he will eventually come to understand he is a future pro there, and will embrace the move.

Best case scenario, he's our emergency QB in 2015 but is never needed, and takes a red shirt. Moves to safety his redshirt freshman year as the new 2016 QB signee arrives, and we continue signing 1 QB every cycle while maintaining 5. Worst case scenario, he surprises and actually develops into an SEC QB.

If I'm Butch, Jennings is near the top of my priorities for 2015. If he can get Gentry and Jennings, it's a home run, IMO.

Surprised at how many are not including Jennings. This class needs him, and here's why…

1. Butch has said he likes to carry 5 QB's and its easy to see why after last season. You're not going to get 2 big-time QB's in this class, that's a pipe dream. But we do need 2 QB's.

2. Jennings is a guy who can do some things at QB but is limited. Give him a shot, and if nothing else create a small package of plays for him in select situations. He adds depth for emergencies in 2015.

3. Jennings is arguably the number 1 DB prospect in Tennessee this year. His potential at safety is through the roof. Chances are he will eventually come to understand he is a future pro there, and will embrace the move.

Best case scenario, he's our emergency QB in 2015 but is never needed, and takes a red shirt. Moves to safety his redshirt freshman year as the new 2016 QB signee arrives, and we continue signing 1 QB every cycle while maintaining 5. Worst case scenario, he surprises and actually develops into an SEC QB.

If I'm Butch, Jennings is near the top of my priorities for 2015. If he can get Gentry and Jennings, it's a home run, IMO.

I did not include Jennings because IMO the coaches will not take him as a QB. I am leaning to thinking that Matt Williams will be a Vol. That may be on scholarship IF possible, but more than likely as a walk-on. IF he gets any other decent offers, that could change of course.

Williams got a UT offer and has said since he is "All UT". I get the feeling that one may already be locked up.

IF Jennings decides he is open to playing S early on, I would have him on my list in place of Griffin.

I did not include Jennings because IMO the coaches will not take him as a QB. I am leaning to thinking that Matt Williams will be a Vol. That may be on scholarship IF possible, but more than likely as a walk-on. IF he gets any other decent offers, that could change of course.

Williams got a UT offer and has said since he is "All UT". I get the feeling that one may already be locked up.

You may be right, but I just can't see them taking Williams over Jennings if it came down to that. While I know Williams has the better arm, the way I look at it, neither of them would likely ever be a full-time starter at UT. As a second QB in the class, they would both be insurance policies. But Jennings' policy pays out better. Again JMO.

You all really think we will be getting a Georgia commit that is cb'd to bama like a mofo? Come on now...
He wasn't in my list. I doubt he flips from UGA apparently he likes Pruitt a lot. Also any S looking in will see the depth chart and be turned off. I think we get one high 3* to low 4* S and that's that

VN Store

Back