'16 VA ATH Wayne Davis

Only Soph. to make all state in his division. However, it's only 4A and that doesn't include Virginia Beach or Chesapeake (Ocean Lakes and Oscar Smith) or any of the bigger NOVA schools (Woodbridge).

Read that their D plays an extremely aggressive front 7 and that Davis and the other CB are left on their own on most plays, almost exclusively man to man.

Lake Taylor cornerback Wayne Davis continues to see more college interest come his way. On Monday, he had landed two offers. On Tuesday night, he landed another huge offer, this one from the Big10. Davis’ recruitment just hit the fast lane and shows no signs of slowing down.

Davis (SO CB 5-11 165) picked up an offer from Clemson and an offer from North Carolina on Monday. Ohio State made their pitch for Davis on Tuesday night. Assistant Coach Zach Smith is pursuing Davis. The coach landed Class of 2014 defensive end Jalyn Holmes last fall from Lake Taylor.

“They (watched my film and) love the way I play. They said I am fast, physical, and long,” Davis reported on Tuesday night.

With three offers, and big offers at that, under his belt, Davis is expecting to see more scholarship offers coming soon considering the amount of interest that has been coming his way.

“I think Virginia Tech and Tennessee are about to offer,” Davis said proudly

Had CBJ came to visit you Noch? He's visiting everyone else in VA

I gotta up my donations to get Stones to come see me, I ain't on that level yet. Me and CZA shot the chit the other night though, we skraight.

“I don’t know what it was about them Vols, but since I was a kid I always liked them,” the class of 2016 cornerback prospect told InsideTennessee. “Maybe it’s their uniforms or something, I’ve always liked those or their stadium, because it’s huge. I don’t really know.”

“I just like what they have going on down there,” Davis said. “They have great fans and I have a really great relationship with their coaches.”

“They’re set, man,” Davis told IT. “They’re going to be winning again really soon. They have all those great recruiting classes and stuff. It’s good.”

-scout

Says Ohio St and UT are his "favorite" offers. Great relationship with Coach Z. Staff sees him as a playmaker on offense

Reactions: 4 people
Ive seen this kid play and he is legit. The kid is left out on an island ALONE on every snap. He and the other Corner play Man to Man every play. I like him if we get him!

Reactions: 1 person
Ive seen this kid play and he is legit. The kid is left out on an island ALONE on every snap. He and the other Corner play Man to Man every play. I like him if we get him!

2nd best corner in the area, and the one guy ahead of him just happens to be one of the best in the entire country. I think Michigan and OSU are being talked about right now but I'd be a little surprised if he didn't end up at VT.

Another guy I wish they'd take a look at is Robinson from Phoebus, he doesn't seem to be quite as highly thought of but I'm not exactly sure why.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee makes his top five, per Rivals interview.

Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Wake Forest and Tennessee.

Said he has a good relationship with the TN coaches.

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee makes his top five, per Rivals interview.

Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Wake Forest and Tennessee.

Said he has a good relationship with the TN coaches.

Has anyone been quoted as not liking our coaching staff? I cannot think of any recruit even remotely being lukewarm about our current coaches...

You know, like ole Sandpaper Saban? :)

Reactions: 4 people
Defensive backs coach Willie Martinez and wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni are both heavily recruiting Davis. He says the two coaches talk to him “almost every day” and have developed a relationship with the quiet talent who has become the No. 2 top cornerback in the state of Virginia.

“Coach Martinez and Coach (Azzanni), they’re coming at me very hard. They love me,” Davis said. “They would love to have me … It’s just catching up. They’re just seeing how I’ve been and just seeing how practice is going.”
Davis plans on visiting Knoxville this summer and admits he isn’t very familiar with Tennessee. But the Vols are very familiar with him and his quick hips, breakneck speed and ability to blanket receivers.

“I’ve got very long arms. I can touch my knees, so I can play the ball well in the air," Davis said. "I come out of my breaks fast and I’m long. I’m at 186 now, so I think I’m at good high school weight, but if I have to I can gain weight in college, but I’ll come in at a good weight.”
Scout

Defensive backs coach Willie Martinez and wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni are both heavily recruiting Davis. He says the two coaches talk to him “almost every day” and have developed a relationship with the quiet talent who has become the No. 2 top cornerback in the state of Virginia.

“Coach Martinez and Coach (Azzanni), they’re coming at me very hard. They love me,” Davis said. “They would love to have me … It’s just catching up. They’re just seeing how I’ve been and just seeing how practice is going.”
Davis plans on visiting Knoxville this summer and admits he isn’t very familiar with Tennessee. But the Vols are very familiar with him and his quick hips, breakneck speed and ability to blanket receivers.

“I’ve got very long arms. I can touch my knees, so I can play the ball well in the air," Davis said. "I come out of my breaks fast and I’m long. I’m at 186 now, so I think I’m at good high school weight, but if I have to I can gain weight in college, but I’ll come in at a good weight.”
Scout
wait, he said "I can touch my knees" like thats an accomplishment. Unless he means without bending over i would hope any human with arms can do that. but unless his arms have grown since that pic in the OP he can't do it without bending so... not sure why thats so fantastic. Kinda like saying I can breathe through my nose.

All that said looks like a great prospect. Hope he comes on board.

wait, he said "I can touch my knees" like thats an accomplishment. Unless he means without bending over i would hope any human with arms can do that. but unless his arms have grown since that pic in the OP he can't do it without bending so... not sure why thats so fantastic. Kinda like saying I can breathe through my nose.

Not sure if serious....

Reactions: 3 people

Are you retarded?

He is, as am I. If his arms reach his knees just standing straight up he has Guinness world record type arms. If not, then what does the kid mean? I have no idea.

Yes he means without bending over. He's exaggerating, but I'd hope he could touch the ground bending over.

Are you retarded?
are you? I mean it is humanly impossible to touch your knees without bending over... Conversely, the average human has no trouble touching their knees with the most minimal effort.

The kid does look to have long arms but his statement makes it seem he is short on brains and/or sets the bar really low on expectations. Seriously, I had to read that quote a couple times and let the "wtf did he just say?" percolate a bit.

VN Store

Back