'15 TX QB Quinten Dormady (UT Commit 6/9/14)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_788574.jpg

Pro-Style Quarterback
Boerne, TX (Boerne)
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 210
CLASS OF 2015

Quinten Dormady

Quinten Dormady - Yahoo! Sports

Quinten Dormady - - Hudl - Hudl

Visiting next week per 247.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Texas quarterback Quinten Dormady taking Vols and Vandy visits

A 6-foot-4, 210-pounder with a strong arm and good athleticism, Dormady missed all of 2013 with an injury and thus is still waiting for his first offer but dig into that sophomore film in 2012 and you’ll find a quarterback with all kinds of talent.

“I think I’m going to leave Sunday night and the first place I’m going to go on Monday and Tuesday is Tennessee. Then I’ll start heading back this way and stop at Vanderbilt. They called my head coach the other day and they seem to be pretty interested so I’m going to stop by there and then Oklahoma State towards the end of the week. I’ll eventually go over to Texas sometime I’m not sure when.”

“Coach Bajaikan saw my film and he heard from someone about me so he came down and watched me throw and videoed me and that’s pretty much how it started so I just kept in touch with him and we’ll see how it goes,” he said. “Coach Bajaikan is a good guy. I don’t really know much about the campus or anything like that so we’ll see early next week I guess.

Nice looking highlights as a soph. Too early to tell at this point though. He showed good footwork, delivery, decisiveness, and threw a catchable ball. Jake must think he is a sleeper project with good upside.

ok so obviously im no coach but what i did see in the film was good footwork and decision making but i also saw that he drops his arm as he is coming up to throw like a wind up and throw. its coachable though.

Quinten Dormady @qdormady

Tennessee visit! Spring practice today! pic.twitter.com/4gklbrNrSN

Attachments

• BicdaoECYAE6fyi.jpg
    BicdaoECYAE6fyi.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: 5 people
Sophomore tape is interesting. Will a handful of good games in the beginning of his senior year, his recruiting could get interesting.

Lol.. As long as it's not Gibson, amirite?

We have Jennings. I'd prefer a kid who is more of a passer vs an ATH for the 2nd guy. This kid fits the bill. IF Gibson ends up in Orange, just have to hope his passing skills progress. With Riley out, quick development for the kids coming in will be key.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey lebvol or any other recruiting guru know if UT has any interest in Ross Trail. He decommited from Louisville, his great uncle coached for the Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
We have Jennings. I'd prefer a kid who is more of a passer vs an ATH for the 2nd guy. This kid fits the bill. IF Gibson ends up in Orange, just have to hope his passing skills progress. With Riley out, quick development for the kids coming in will be key.

So u think Jennings will end up at QB? I just can't wrap my head around someone not wanting an athlete like Gibson on their team.. I really can't.

Reactions: 5 people
So u think Jennings will end up at QB? I just can't wrap my head around someone not wanting an athlete like Gibson on their team.. I really can't.

I don't understand either... it really blows my mind.... I mentioned earlier, I don't see how anyone can watch his HUDL, compare it with 95% of the other '15 QB recruits, and not come away feeling he is within the top 3-4 in the class.

Me either. What I am so confused about is why do some people think Jennings is a better QB than Gibson?

Me either. What I am so confused about is why do some people think Jennings is a better QB than Gibson?

I actually see them as very similar. Had Gibson committed early on I would have felt the same way about Jennings. Either he considers playing S at UT or he would be headed elsewhere. A little tougher as he is instate, but I would not take both of them as my QBs for 2015. Way too much riding on needing a kid who could come in and compete with Dobbs for the starting job.

Hey lebvol or any other recruiting guru know if UT has any interest in Ross Trail. He decommited from Louisville, his great uncle coached for the Vols.

Not sure if there is interest there or not. We could see QB recruiting pick up quite a bit with the news today. Coaches may like who they have been in on and other options could come to light. I did see where even though he de-committed from UL a while ago, he re-named them his leader last month.

Had no idea he was #5 pro style on 247. Not bad for a guy that missed jr year. His soph film is nice.

CMB visited him on May 23rd. He also did an interview that day and sais he wanted to make a decision within the next 2 months. IMO TCU is sitting pretty well with him. Hopefully the Tennessee offer has UT in it.

He also said TX was recruiting him but after they landed Gentry, that all stopped.

Intriguing prospect. I like the idea of a Texas Qb given the level of importance of HS football in that state.

VN Store

Back