'15 AL LB Richard McBryde

Tennessee has over the years recruited Bamer and LSU good! Don't give up, if it's a good fit. Looks to me that he is a Big Orange kinda of guy. :ermm:

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee has over the years recruited Bamer and LSU good! Don't give up, if it's a good fit. Looks to me that he is a Big Orange kinda of guy. :ermm:

Not sure if serious.... I'm trying to remember any other recruit not named Jackson that we plucked (meaning beat out) from LA.

This kid is one of the fastest LBs I have ever seen. Imagine him and Cherry together. A guy can dream can't he?

A four-star linebacker from Troy, Ala., who claims more than 15 scholarship offers visited Tennessee for the first time last month and says he's now considering the Vols.

@VolsDaily: ($) Vols impress four-star Ala. LB Tennessee Vols impress four-star Ala. LB Richard McBryde #Vols
Not to sound like your normal rival fan, but I would be shocked if we don't have a commitment from him within the next couple months. He's been on commit watch forever it seems and has been on campus a ton. I think/hope it's just a matter of time.

Not to sound like your normal rival fan, but I would be shocked if we don't have a commitment from him within the next couple months. He's been on commit watch forever it seems and has been on campus a ton. I think/hope it's just a matter of time.

Replacement for Atkinson?

Not sure if serious.... I'm trying to remember any other recruit not named Jackson that we plucked (meaning beat out) from LA.

We raided that state big time in the Hallman/Dinardo years....Raynoch, Jarvis Reado, Nilo Silvan and I know there were a lot more...Probably won't happen again though.

“It’s a place I could consider. I was looking at it (before), but not like that.”

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound McBryde said he talked with Tennessee coach*Butch Jones, linebackers coach*Tommy Thigpen*and defensive coordinator*John Jancek*while he was on campus, and they all made it clear to McBryde that they were glad to see him.

“(Jones) was just happy I made it up there, and he told me he hoped I enjoyed it up there,” said McBryde, who also holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Miami, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Southern California, among others.

“The coaches were real cool.”

McBryde said Tennessee’s current facilities, including the Anderson Training Center, caught his eye during the visit. And he said he was encouraged by the additional on-campus upgrades the Vols are planning to make in the coming months and years.

“It impressed me,” he said. “Plus, they’re building more stuff. I mean, when I went up there, everything was, like, (under construction). If I do go there, by the time I get there, everything will be beautiful.”

He said he’s also intrigued by his possible opportunity to earn early playing time at Tennessee.

“I haven’t talked to Coach Thig’ (about it), but I think I’d probably have a chance to get some playing time and stuff like that,” McBryde said. “They really haven’t told me about that yet.”

McBryde said he also has visited Alabama, Auburn, Florida State and Ole Miss, and he’s “trying to” take at least one or two more trips before the end of the summer. He said he’s hoping to make it to Florida, Miami and LSU at some point.

He admitted he “was an Alabama fan growing up,” but he said the Crimson Tide are "stacked" at the linebacker position, although he’s “still looking at” them.

For now, McBryde said he’s not planning to decide on a college until “this fall” or on National Signing Day.

“(I want to go) somewhere I can just feel the vibe when I go there and stuff like that,” he said, “and somewhere I know I don’t have to look back and be like, ‘It wasn’t the right fit for me.’”

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back