'15 LA DL Tyrell Jacobs

"Tennessee*hit me up last week and told me I'm explosive," he said. "They said I'm the best they've seen in the 2015 class. They said I'm doing things right, and they're looking to build a strong defense that will win championships.

-scout

Reactions: 1 person
"Tennessee*hit me up last week and told me I'm explosive," he said. "They said I'm the best they've seen in the 2015 class. They said I'm doing things right, and they're looking to build a strong defense that will win championships.

-scout

Boom

"Tennessee started to come in after I went to Mississippi State's junior day and they said they wanted to offer but they wanted me to come to camp. Then, Tennessee jumped in the boat," Jacobs explained.

"They hit me up on twitter and they said that they like that I'm explosive and they think I can help lead them to an SEC Championship. They offered me first," Jacobs said of Tennessee. "Then Mississippi State offered, the Louisiana Lafayette offered, then Louisiana Tech jumped in the picture."

"It feels good and makes you feel appreciated because at first you're stressed out that you're not getting any love and you know you're better than the people that are getting the offers," Jacobs said. The Vols see Jacobs as a versatile defender on the defensive line, he said. "They said I could play defensive end or defensive tackle. On the inside, they like that I'm physical and can play in trenches and then on the outside they like my quickness so I can play outside, too," Jacobs said.

Jacobs said he plans to visit Tennessee next fall for an official visit as he doesn't believe he will visit many schools this spring or summer.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
As a junior, Jacobs had 68 tackles, including four sacks, six tackles for loss and a fumble recovery for the Raiders.

Jacobs...is now 6-foot-4, 255-pounds, according to Rummel head coach Jay Roth..."He is very coachable, he wants to improve and I think he will get even bigger and stronger. He is a very intelligent kid so aside from his size and speed, he has the mental aspect in his favor as well. He is a hard worker. We are very lucky to have Tyrell and Briston Guidry back next season. They are best friends and compliment each other."

Recruiting: Tulane offers Rummel's Tyrell Jacobs

"All the schools recruiting me keep in touch regularly. Mississippi State and Tennessee both make me feel at home when I talk with them. They like how I'm 6-4, 260 pounds, and how I'm versatile. I can play defensive tackle or slide outside."

-scout

Reactions: 2 people
One defensive tackle name that is beginning to generate more interest is Metairie, La., lineman Tyrell Jacobs and he was at Tennessee earlier in the week. "It was nice. My mom and my grandmother and my brother, my dad, we all liked it," Jacobs said. "I liked the coaching staff and how they're building a winning program."

"They are showing me a lot of interest and they spent a lot of time one-on-one with me and I felt like I got to bond with the coaching staff," Jacobs said. "Like any other school, they told that if I work hard I can play early," Jacobs said. "But, I started looking it up about their recruiting class and they signed like six defensive linemen last year so it would be tough for me to see the field. "But, I do really like the school so we will see."

"It's good. I've been sitting back and enjoying it. I'm still deciding on whether or not to commit early or to wait until signing day," Jacobs said. "'m still keeping all of my options open and I still am taking visits because I want to find the right fit for me and I want to see the field early.

"Once I start making my top five I'll make those official visits. But, right now I'm wide open. I'm just looking for the best situation for me and that includes an opportunity for early playing time."

-VQ

VN Store

Back