Who will be our '15 qb?

WHO WILL BE OUR '15 QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should Ferguson win the starting job this season, then interest in the position from recruits will fall off drastically.

Gentry and others probably want to go to a team where they can almost immediately start by competing with another true freshman and not compete with a third year guy (Ferguson red-shirt freshman, freshman and sophomore)

(2015) New guy is a freshman & Ferguson is a sophomore! (2016) New guy is a sophomore & Ferguson is a junior. (2017)New guy is a junior & Ferguson is senior. (2018) New guy starts as a senior.

My hopes is that Ferguson is the "future" but we will need to add a real quality back up.

Should Ferguson win the starting job this season, then interest in the position from recruits will fall off drastically.

Gentry and others probably want to go to a team where they can almost immediately start by competing with another true freshman and not compete with a third year guy (Ferguson red-shirt freshman, freshman and sophomore)

(2015) New guy is a freshman & Ferguson is a sophomore! (2016) New guy is a sophomore & Ferguson is a junior. (2017)New guy is a junior & Ferguson is senior. (2018) New guy starts as a senior.

My hopes is that Ferguson is the "future" but we will need to add a real quality back up.

Unless the new guy redshirts like hes supposed to. then theres a 2 year seperation

Reactions: 4 people
My guess is that with 50 or more scholarship offers, why would Gentry want to come here and know that logically, he would not start as a freshman, but be behind Ferguson?

Why not go to another top 15 program that would give him a real chance to start as a true freshman, rather than red shirt? Out of the top 15 programs in the country, surely the situation in a couple of them would be that he would likely start as a true freshman.

Players want early playing time, these days. However; if Ferguson has not locked down the q.b. position by the close of the 2014 season, then Gentry may have us in his top 5 and may untimately choose us. If Ferguson is the starter in 2014, but has played well enough to be the starter but not necessarily good enough to secure his place as the starter, then Gentry may seriously consider us.

IMO Worley being the starter is the ideal set up to then land a top caliber QB for this class. A recruit would see Dobbs only played in 2013 because of injuries. IMO he would RS in 2014 ideally. Then a kid coming in is in a 3 way battle for the job. Of course Dobbs & Ferguson have a huge advantage being 2+ years in the program, but at least the new guy has a fighting chance. The 2015 QB coming in could very well be looking at 2-3 years before he plays. That IMO will turn off a lot of options and is looking to already playing out.

Ferguson/Dobbs wins the job and IMO Matt Williams is our 2015 QB.

Williams could still be the 2nd QB for the class IF enough spots become available.

I think starting as a true freshman is overrated especially at QB.

Doesn't usually go very well for a freshman QB to come in and play in SEC as a true freshman. Elite LBs, DEs, S, CB, WR, TE, and RB do pretty well as freshman in SEC, but O-lineman, DTs, and QBs tend to not do so hot in the SEC as true freshman.

Well that wouldn't be much of a poll.

twss
you could have included a few more names

Jarrett Stidham is going to be tough to pull from (the state of) Texas but is still a slight possibility
Branden Wimbush we offered recently
Lorenzo Nunez is visiting this weekend edit: nvm on Nunez I see you included him
Dwayne Lawson isn't a Gator lock by any means and the Vols are showing interest there.

Sorry just went with the ones I felt were high profile and we had a chance with.

VN Store

Back