4_1286142.jpg

Strong-Side Defensive End
Hutchinson, KS ()
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 271
CLASS OF 2015

Marquavius Lewis

Marquavius Lewis - Yahoo! Sports

Marquavius Lewis - Hudl

Lists a UT offer along with Bama, Auburn, UF, Miami, etc...

Rivals lists his junior stats as: 65 tackles, 21 TFL's, 8 sacks.

AU was his 1st offer.... And Rodney Garner is personally spearheading his recruitment. That's about all I need to know.

He also has a good relationship with Bo Davis and Cristobal of Bama.

No real mention of UT in Kipp Adam's article.

Looking forward to the day on being very selective with Juco's on the DL rather than being depentent. Seems like we are snake bit

Looking forward to the day on being very selective with Juco's on the DL rather than being depentent. Seems like we are snake bit

If a couple guys from the 2014 class become playmakers early, IMO we could stick with HS DL options even this year. I could honestly see us taking 4-5 kids on the DL in 2015 and all being from the HS ranks. No doubt the staff would take Jones at DT, I just don't think we get him.

I wants to visit Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida and some others, but those seem like the ones right now," Lewis said. "I'm not saying for sure right now, though. I'm not sure yet, but if I had to say right now. I'd say those. That will probably change.

Lewis, who is in no hurry to make a verbal commit, says he doesn't expect to make a decision until toward late in his sophomore season at Hutchinson. And while he points to the potential for early playing time as a driving force in his recruitment, it's not the only factor in play.

"I'm gonna have to work wherever I go, so I'm not looking to go to a place just for playing time, but I want to actually play," Lewis said. "It's more about being comfortable in the city and being comfortable around the coaches."

-Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
I realize he's a talented player but I doubt we are really going after him that hard after all the top DEs we brought in this past year, and with Butcher and Jackson on board and it's looking like we lead for Phillips and I personally like Olenga a lot.

Probably flip to Auburn on signing day after stringing us along

If we want the best players we can't be scared to compete with other big time programs. Flips happen but Butch and his staff have proven they can recruit with the big dogs so far.

USCe is killing it this year. Amazing that old Spurrier is still doing a great job. This has gotta be one of the best classes they've ever had.

Best program in the SEC east over the last few years. It should not surprise

USCe is killing it this year. Amazing that old Spurrier is still doing a great job. This has gotta be one of the best classes they've ever had.

He sees what butch is doing and realizes he needs to step his game up again. When challenged Spurrier tends to find new energy

It will also perhaps be as surprising to see USC hold onto all these DE guys for the duration: Lewis is a JUCO and will have 3 to play 2. 4* Dante Sawyer will also be a JUCO with 3 to play 2, so that will help. But USC already has high expectations for in-house DE Darrius English who will get his first chance to start this year in 2014 - he'll be a RS-So. this year, and another Jr. in 2015. USC is also bringing in high 4* DE prospects Shamiek Blackshear and Arden Key for the '15 cycle.

They also expect to bring back 4* DE/DL Dexter Wideman, who was part of the '14 class but failed to qualify: all reports feel he's headed to prep school and will then be a part of the 2015 class. Wideman has the frame and size to develop into a DT eventually, but he has tried to be insistent that he wants to play DE, so we'll see how that develops.

That's an awful lot of top DE talent all at once...

VN Store

Back