Donovan Peoples-Jones
Wide Receiver
Detroit, MI (Cass Technical)
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 192
CLASS OF 2017

Donovan Peoples-Jones

Donovan Peoples-Jones - Yahoo! Sports

Steve Wiltfong @SWiltfong247
Detroit Cass Tech's uber talented 2017 WR Donovan Peoples-Jones tells me he will visit #Tennessee this weekend

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
SWiltfong247: #Tennessee offers the nation's No. 2 WR in 2017, Detroit Cass Tech's Donovan Peoples-Jones

Reactions: 2 people
Donovan P. Jones ‏@dpeoplesjones 3h3 hours ago
#Blessed to have been offered by the University of Tennessee today !! 🔶⬜️🔶⬜️🔶 #GBO 🍊 #VolNation pic.twitter.com/zGRzt3UQqH

B8n9p-8IMAArqmi.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Peoples-Jones has been on Tennessee's radar for some time because of Steve Stripling's deep ties to the Michigan recruiting scene and he visited the Vols twice last year and will likely see them again this summer. But, since his first visits to Tennessee Peoples-Jones has become a national recruit with Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State all becoming major players. He could end up being 2017's version of fellow Michigan product Donnie Corley.

PF

The top-100 rising junior wide receiver from Cass Technical High School in Detroit said he had a “real fun” time at Tennessee on Thursday during his visit for the Vols’ camp, and he said they’re “definitely high on my list” among the 16 teams currently pursuing him.

“I was excited to get back down here, and it was great to be here,” said Peoples-Jones, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 12 overall prospect and No. 3 wide receiver in the 2017 class.

“(Tennessee is) definitely high on my list. I’ve just got to keep evaluating them, keep getting back down here and seeing what they have to offer.”

Reactions: 2 people
Tee Higgins & People-Jones. . . oh my

I get excited when looking at 2017. I'm willing to bet that it will be Butch's best class to date.

"There's the SEC factor and then it's not too far from home," Peoples-Jones. "Tennessee, I think, is on the rise and coach Azzanni is one of the best coaches in the game. That's important to me. I want to be coached by the best coach so I can get the best potential out of me."

"(They're) definitely high on my list," Peoples-Jones said. "I've just got to keep evaluating them and keep getting down here and seeing what they have to offer."

"My first impression here was one of the best and I really like Tennessee," Peoples-Jones said. "I like the academic part of Tennessee and I like that they play in the SEC. They're going to be playing against some of the best people each and every week. I also like coach Azzanni. I believe he's one of the best coaches in the game."

VQ

Reactions: 7 people
Kid just won the SPARQ rating competition with a score of 149.49 (higher than last years champ). Ran a 4.42 40 and jumped 42.4 inches on his vertical leap. Meet Donovan Peoples-Jones, the 2015 Nike Football Ratings National Champion | Bleacher Report

oh and did I mention he's the first underclassmen to do this. freak athlete. if Butch can pull this one out, we will have the best class in the country in 2017.
Sure he won't be a backup plan for an '18 recruit?

ESPN. Also going to Michigan this weekend.

ESPN Junior 300 receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones is the biggest name in the 2017 class expected to be on hand. Peoples-Jones is ranked No. 11 overall in his class and just won the Nike football rating championship at The Opening in July.

VN Store

Back