Emanuel McGirt

Emanuel McGirt - Yahoo! Sports

Emanuel McGirt - Hudl

Emanuel McGirt - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Scout.com: Emanuel McGirt Profile

Last edited:
That is an awesome name.

From 247;
“It’s actually kind of crazy. I kind of grew up a Tennessee fan a little bit,” said McGirt, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 36 offensive tackle in the 2015 class by 247Sports. “Me and my sister used to like Tennessee — the basketball team, the football team and Candace Parker — and we’ve got a lot of Tennessee stuff at the house". “I smiled (about the offer) and went on with my day. But it’s kind of just coming so fast, it’s like a routine, I guess you could say.”

The four-star junior offensive tackle from Durham’s Hillside High School said he added an offer from Tennessee on Wednesday, and the Vols immediately joined North Carolina State, South Carolina, North Carolina and Duke among the teams currently at the top of his list.
PS here are his other profiles;

Rivals

Hudl
Scout
ESPN

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
“I was more surprised about more than anything,” McGirt said. “(Linebacker) coach (Tommy) Thigpen called my coach and told him about the offer.

“I’m definitely interested in them. I’ll probably visit them this spring. My sister lives in Asheville and that’s only a few hours from Tennessee.”

-scout

“I was more surprised about more than anything,” McGirt said. “(Linebacker) coach (Tommy) Thigpen called my coach and told him about the offer.

“I’m definitely interested in them. I’ll probably visit them this spring. My sister lives in Asheville and that’s only a few hours from Tennessee.”

-scout

Only 2 hrs Emanuel.

"Emmanuel McGirt named the Vols as one of his top six schools. He hasn't visited yet but said he had heard a lot of positive things about Tennessee from other recruits that have visited and he hopes to see Tennessee soon."

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
RCS CHARLOTTE: Top Performers - Offense

3. OL EMANUEL MCGIRT, DURHAM (N.C.) HILLSIDE
McGirt was a close second to Cooke for MVP honors at his position, but he's a much different kind of lineman. Rather than get that aggressive punch off the snap, he shuffles his feet well, moves them constantly and extends his long arms to divert his opponent's rush. This worked for the most part, although he did struggle at times when his balance failed him. He's got a very good frame and is athletic, so he could play tackle or guard at the next level.

-Mike Farrell

"I talk to coach Thigpen a lot on the phone and we've built a good relationship so far," McGirt said. "I like where the program is heading and I really want to visit. I've heard some good things from guys that have visited so far."

After hearing from other North Carolina prospects that have visited like Sterling Johnson, Darian Roseboro and Emmanuel Olenga, McGirt said he hopes to visit Knoxville later this spring or in the summer. "They just say it's a great experience and a place that you've really got to visit," McGirt said.

After talking with Thigpen and other prospects, the 6-foot-5, 271-pound lineman said he likes that Tennessee is a big-time football program. "Probably just the campus life and the football atmosphere. It's a football school and they are all football all the time at Tennessee," McGirt answered on why he likes Tennessee.

Upcoming visits for McGirt include Duke this weekend as well as North Carolina and N.C. State practices and possible spring games to several schools.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
If playing at a primary football school is that important, no way this kid stays instate.

This kid's got a heck of an offer list, Top 247 player, and we seem to be well positioned, yet this thread is relatively dead. Needs more cowbell.

Reactions: 3 people
There are some things you have to fix with this guy. While he looks to have decent feet and uses his arms, there are some things that have to be fixed.

He gets off balances cause he doesnt keep his base on his feet. Also he tries to use his hands, but they are all over the place.

This is based on Jr. film. He does show the ability to move his feet, but he just has to change how he moves them and allow himself to keep a base. A lot of this is not staying low in a verticle set as well.

I like him as a prospect and with most High School linemen there is stuff yyou need to fix.

I do feel like he has the tools though.

This kid's got a heck of an offer list, Top 247 player, and we seem to be well positioned, yet this thread is relatively dead. Needs more cowbell.

I was wondering where things stood. Last I heard he was committing July or Aug.

Tuesday morning Florida offensive line coach Mike Summers stopped by Durham (NC) Hillside to check on four-star offensive tackle*Emanuel McGirt. McGirt said he's slated to talk to Georgia tight ends coach John Lilly later today with a potential offer on deck. He feels an offer from Michigan could be coming soon as well. What's ahead for this summer? "I know I'm visiting Tennessee," McGirt said. "I might commit soon (to a program) to be honest." The Crystal Ball reads 60-percent for South Carolina, 30-percent for North Carolina and 10-percent for Duke. McGirt just last week released a final eight of North Carolina, Duke, NC State, Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Vanderbilt and Virginia Tech.

When the smoke clears our final OL, DL, & QB signing class will put us in position to seriously compete next year.

VN Store

Back