St. Mary's
View Map
Ht:6'3"
Wt:225 lbs
Class:2016 (High School)

Daelin Hayes - Yahoo! Sports

Daelin Hayes

Daelin Hayes - - Hudl - Hudl

Visiting UT this weekend with Michael Weber.

Last edited:
Paul had brought this name up to me yesterday and this morning 2016 RB Daelin Hayes of Orchard Lake (Mich.) St Mary's texted me that he will be joining Mike Weber and possibly a few other guys from Cass Tech on that trip to Tennessee this weekend. Hayes is actually listed as an "athlete" prospect. He is 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds and could potentially play linebacker in college, though at this time most expect him to be a running back. The jury is still out, though, because he was injured on his first carry of his sophomore season and missed the entire year. Very talented kid, though. Definitely one to watch for the future.

- Josh Helmholdt, Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee offers 2016 ATH who recently visited

Just heard from Orchard Lake (Mich.) St. Mary's 2016 ATH Daelin Hayes (6-3, 225) that he has added an offer from Tennessee this morning. Coach Thigpen put the call in to Hayes' coach this morning to let him know.

This comes after Daelin sent me a new video of his off-season workouts this morning (I have linked them below). He missed all of his sophomore season with injury, so putting the pieces together here that workout film may have been the catalyst for the offer.

Most people know Hayes as a running back - and he is very good in that role - but he also could end up on defense. Little too early to tell and not enough film on either side of the ball to make the call yet.

-Josh Helmholdt, Rivals

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqYZAZ44AAM[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
He's training at one of the best gyms- looks like D1 in detroit. The league he is in is also one of the best in the State of Michigan so stats and competition is legit.

"I got to see the school, I got to meet the coaches," Hayes explained. "I actually got really close with the coaches in that two-day span. Getting to talk with [running backs coach Robert] Gillespie and [linebackers coach Tommy] Thigpen was great.

"Coach Thigpen pulled me back in the room and he went over coverages, what type of blitzes they call, what formations they call based on what the offense comes out in. Just definitely a great time to talk football with coaches. It wasn't a visit just to see what the school is like; it was also a learning experience."

"Yeah, [Coach Thigpen] told me, it was just a matter of when it was coming," Hayes said, before adding with laugh. "I couldn't let you guys know. I just had to wait until they told me and gave me the go-ahead. Football, scholarships, that's a whole system thing when it comes to coaches. I just had to wait, I knew it was coming. Just a matter of when."

"I was very excited for the offer," he said. "I was under the impression it would come within the next two months or something like that, not in the next five days. I was very excited, and very motivated. I've been here [working out] since three o'clock. It just makes me want to keep going and keep trying to be the best."

-Michigan Rivals

RCS Detroit: Top Defensive Performers

"1. LB Daelin Hayes
Orchard Lake (Mich.) St. Mary's (2016)

Hayes spent the day playing a cat-and-mouse game with opposing receivers and running backs before eventually coming away victorious on almost every rep he took. Just a rising junior, Hayes already has the physicality and football acumen of an older player. He looks like he could be shaping up as one of the state's top targets in 2016."

- Rivals

RivalsCamp: 2016 LB Daelin Hayes (@DaelinHayes_24) runs through drills at #RivalsCamp - offers from #UM #UT #Spartans and more Instagram

He's training at one of the best gyms- looks like D1 in detroit. The league he is in is also one of the best in the State of Michigan so stats and competition is legit.

Yep, you know it brotha! Hell, I am from and live in Farmington Hills area...Ill definitely have to make the 15 minute trip over to St Marys and represent the orange and scream Rocky Top in his ear! Would I get kicked out for doing my own UT recruiting at a HS game? lol Would it help?

rivalsmike: Mon 05:36pm RT “@DaelinHayes_24: Huge appreciate to the schools that have stopped by these last few days -USC -Tennessee -Michigan -MSU -Penn State”

VN Store

Back