'15 GA LB Tyler Cooksey

PassedOutAwake

R.I.P RichRollin
4_1271963.jpg

Inside Linebacker
Norcross, GA (Greater Atlanta Christian School)
Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 220

Tyler Cooksey
Junior Season

Vols offered

That's three kids on that same team now, right? Those two and then the other DB.
I'm hoping we land MA, haven't been able to look into Cooksey yet

Will be at the Junior Day on March 8th. Willie Martinez was the coach that offered him. He called the UT offer "a big deal" and a "dream come true".

He has family ties to Georgia Tech. They are ahead of everyone, ATP. UNC, UGA, and Vandy showing interest. Wants to make a decision before the start of his senior season.

Per 247

Reactions: 2 people
"That was pretty awesome. It was my first SEC visit and it's unreal with their facilities, the indoor and the weight room," Cooksey said. "I love going and seeing weight rooms at all the colleges and Tennessee has one of the best. They've got a pretty cool setup there. I was able to meet with the coaches and I really enjoyed meeting with them and it was a good time."

"I would just say the whole vibe of the place. It is unreal what they're doing there," Cooksey said of what he liked most about his visit. "They already have a lot of great things happening there but they are really wanting to win a national championship and they have some talent there and they have a lot of talent coming in and the fan base there is unreal. It's crazy how many fans come to their games. It was an experience just going to the stadium and walking out and seeing everything."

"I've changed my mind a lot about it. My number one thing is I will make a decision before my senior season," Cooksey explained. "I do not want to wait and worry about it during the season and have coaches trying to talk to me all the time when I have practice and have homework after practice. I don't want to be worrying about that. I just want to focus on winning a state championship and then going to college after that."

Next up for Cooksey is likely a spring game visit in April. "The one thing I'm trying to figure out is going to a spring game right now. I may try and go to a school I don't have an offer from yet," he said.

-VQ

VN Store

Back