'15 GA CB Micah Abernathy (UT Signee 2/4/15)

PassedOutAwake

R.I.P RichRollin
MICAH-ABERNATHY-140214-PRO2.JPG

Cornerback
Norcross, Georgia
Greater Atlanta Christian
Ht:6'0"
Wt:181 lbs

Micah Abernathy - Yahoo! Sports
Micah Abernathy
Scout.com: Micah Abernathy Profile
Micah Abernathy - Hudl

Vols offered

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee has offered Greater Atlanta Christian School athlete Micah Abernathy. He is the teammate of Darius Slayton, who Tennessee offered yesterday.

Also, Abernathy's family is very familiar with Butch Jones and his staff. Micah's older brother, Ralph David Abernathy IV, was recruited by Butch and played under him at Cincinnati.

On a side note, I like this kid's film a lot.

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe he will commit to Bama, get bumped to a 5 star, and then we can flip him right at NSD before Rivals can downgrade him again.

Reactions: 1 person
Averaged 10.8 ypc last year, rushing for 1,664 yards & 20 TDs on 154 carries. Also had 7 receptions for 60 yards and just 8 tackles, so I assume he didn't see much action on defense.

This wouldn't be a bad school to get a pipeline into either. Not all the former Braves and Falcons live in N Fulton.

didnt work out last time.

Kevin Mouhon... who just happened to be from Norcross also.

I get the feeling something happened during army week that really changed his mind on attending TN. I think he got scared of the wk to wk competition at this level after having a tough time in San Antonio. Exposed

Tennessee has continued to offer numerous prospects throughout the week and one that was a smart move by Tennessee was offering Georgia athlete Micah Abernathy on Thursday. Abernathy is the younger brother of Ralph David Abernathy IV who played for Butch Jones at Cincinnati and the Abernathy family still has a close connection with Jones.

In fact, Jones talked to not only the younger Abernathy, but also to his family Thursday when the Vols offered and to say his family was very happy to have the opportunity for one of their sons to play for Jones is putting it lightly.

Abernathy is a very intriguing prospect as both a running back and cornerback. He would be considered a bigger corner, something Tennessee seems to want right now, and he shows the ability to be a very shifty runner. Abernathy told Volquest.com that right now he's deciding between visiting Tennessee and Alabama on March 1 as both have junior days that Saturday.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
SIAP, since last Sunday, Micah has added offers from Bama, UGA, Louisville, and now UT.

Says UT is on top right now per 247.

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee has offered Greater Atlanta Christian School athlete Micah Abernathy. He is the teammate of Darius Slayton, who Tennessee offered yesterday.

Also, Abernathy's family is very familiar with Butch Jones and his staff. Micah's older brother, Ralph David Abernathy IV, was recruited by Butch and played under him at Cincinnati.

On a side note, I like this kid's film a lot.

- Fortenberry
Micah is larger than RDA4 Who played really well at UC. I saw him play a lot of gems in High school and he and a couple of his team-mates and one of his HS coaches stayed with us one night before one of their UO to UT. If Micah is anything like RDA4 he is a keeper.

Want. Obligatory no homo.

GAC has had a great program for a number of years. I was n the area when they started their football program. They are very proud of their program as they should be.Private schools in the Atlanta area have really good athletic programs.

“Right now, theyʼre at the top,” he said. “I know their football team has loyal fans because, when my brother was there at Cincinnati, his freshman year he had a game at Tennessee. I will never forget the fan base that they had that came out to the game. I will never forget that. That really stuck with me.

“I donʼt have a leader, but I would say theyʼre at the top, probably with a couple of schools.”

“Iʼm not sure exactly when (I will decide), but I know I want to wait ʻtil my senior season. I know my brother and my family — my mom and my dad — theyʼll help me with that, so Iʼm just taking it slow.”

He said he is going to try to be here or at Alabama on March 1st.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back