#78 - Taj Griffin
#80 - Jake Fruhmorgen
#93 - Bryce Love
#100 - Ricky DeBerry

Commits:
#91 - Jack Jones

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals.com Rivals100 2015

I really like Holland. Hope he gives us a look

I'm sure there are more targets that we are in on on that list, I just picked the ones that I knew we had some contact with, and that had visited.

I cant believe Preston Williams is not in the top 100... absolutely ridiculous

Scout has him as the #1 WR in the class last time I saw...

I know sites can be different but that's quite the disparity

We are in top 3 for

#1 DT Trenton Thompson

and other guys we are in on are

#3 DE Byron Cowart (wants to visit soon)
#11 WR Calvin Ridley (wants to visit soon)
#66 Austin Clark (extremely high on us)

Reactions: 4 people
It's insane that Preston, Cecil, and Butcher are not in the Top 100.

But...they'll get there. I have a feeling Preston will be a Top 50 before its all said and done.

Cecil is already the #8 LB in the country. So he's gotta be close to being in.

Reactions: 1 person
We are in top 3 for

#1 DT Trenton Thompson

#3 DE Byron Cowart
#11 WR Calvin Ridley
#66 Austin Clark

Yeah, I missed those. I haven't been able to keep up as much as I have wanted to. But that is certain an awesome bomb to drop.

We are in top 3 for

#1 DT Trenton Thompson

#3 DE Byron Cowart (wants to visit soon)
#11 WR Calvin Ridley (wants to visit soon)
#66 Austin Clark (extremely high on us)

Word Clark was the one I was thinking of.. Just remembered virginia and OL

It's insane that Preston, Cecil, and Butcher are not in the Top 100.

But...they'll get there. I have a feeling Preston will be a Top 50 before its all said and done.

Cecil is already the #8 LB in the country. So he's gotta be close to being in.

I think Preston and Butcher get in the top 100 eventually. And maybe Cecil as well, his offer list alone screams top 50.

We'll have a smaller class than '14 but the quality has the makings of a really amazing class. I wouldn't be surprised if on NSD '15 UT signs 10 guys in the top 100 on Rivals.

Reactions: 6 people
I think Preston and Butcher get in the top 100 eventually. And maybe Cecil as well, his offer list alone screams top 50.

We'll have a smaller class than '14 but the quality has the makings of a really amazing class. I wouldn't be surprised if on NSD '15 UT signs 10 guys in the top 100 on Rivals.

That would be nasty, Stewart from coalfield will likely be our lowest rated but he is country strong and will hurt some people

Reactions: 3 people

You're talking my language, Swanster! :good!:

Tim Settle #56 was supposed to be in for Junior Day last week, pretty sure we're going pretty hard after him.

Seems like we got a solid shot at landing a 5 star DT this cycle, we're in decent shape with 4 of them. (I was counting McKenzie as a 5 star, which I guess may not actually happen.)

Last edited:
And....here we go...

Lots of targets on here:

Notable Targets:

#16 - George Campbell
#24 - Kahlil McKenzie
#25 - Shy Tuttle
#32 - Drew Richmond
#42 - Jacques Patrick
#48 - Jarrett Stidham
#49 - Torrance Gibson
#54 - Chuma Udoga
#57 - Jeffrey Holland
#65 - Eric Swinney
#78 - Taj Griffin
#80 - Jake Fruhmorgen
#93 - Bryce Love
#100 - Ricky DeBerry

Commits:
#91 - Jack Jones

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals.com Rivals100 2015

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Two new 5-stars highlight latest Rivals100

Darian Roseboro #45

"Roseboro earned his jump by dominating at the Under Armour Combine last month. He's got the size and strength you look for in a big-time defensive end and a mean set of moves to go with it. Unlike some defensive ends, he's not a one-trick pony. He's adept at getting after the quarterback, but is also just as good when it comes to stopping the run, making him an every down guy at the next level." - Wommack

Josh Sweat #68

"Sweat didn't compete in any all-star combine, but his film was released after the last rankings update and it was very impressive. It was easy to see he has worked on his strength and is becoming more aggressive. Sweat's agility, athleticism and understanding of his responsibilities as a defensive end allow him to always be in good position and to make plays in the backfield. Sweat is also a big hitter that causes running backs to fumble and make quarterbacks make bad decisions." - Friedman

Roquan Smith #77

"Smith is a guy who really jumps out when you watch him on film, mainly because of his long, lengthy frame. He's a guy who's just as good in the coverage game as well as he is against the run, making him the ideal linebacker to contend with spread offenses. He's still going to need to bulk up a little, but with his range, he's only going to get better as he continues to develop." - Wommack

1) Trenton Thompson GA DT - in top 3
3) Byron Cowart FL DE - UF & Aub leads; speaks well of UT; get a visit and you never know
16) George Campbell FL WR - has mentioned the appeal of playing opposite a top receiver like P. Williams
24) Kahlil McKenzie DT CA - legacy but Sooners fav team growing up; he'll be a top priority at a position of dire need
25) Shy Tuttle DT NC - always speaks well of UT; closest SEC school; will visit
32) Drew Richmond OT TN - at the top of our board; good friends w/ Mosley; money in the bank
34) Sterling Jenkins PA OT - in top 6
35) Terry Beckner Jr IL DE - long-shot but family from Memphis; staff has visited several times
38) Jalen Dalton NC DE - liked his visit last June; suspect we'll hear more of him as he narrows list
41) Garrett Taylor VA DB - talks highly of UT; may be a heavy Stanford lean; academic focused
45) Darian Roseboro NC DE - will commit in April & visiting for O&W game; NCSU a threat per 247 CB
54) Chuma Edoga GA OT - has stated we lead several times but it's a rollercoaster w/ this cat
56) Tim Settle VA DT
58) Larry Scott OH RB - likely OSU if they offer but the longer they slow play the better our chances; we were his first offer
59) Natrez Patrick GA DE
65) Eric Swinney GA RB - seems to be our top RB target; appear to be in good shape here
66) Austin Clark VA OT - top contender
68) Josh Sweat VA DE
69) Joshua McMillon TN LB - likely Bama/Ole Miss but he's in-state so you never know
70) Clelin Ferrell VA DE - may visit this summer
75) Keisean Lucier-South CA DE - unlikely but spoke glowing of the SEC; first SEC offer; "South" in his last name (reaching, I know)
77) Roquan Smith GA LB - very legit shot here; Aub, UT, UGA early; was at UT/USCe game; also at Aub/UGA game
80) Jake Fruhmorgen - Raulerson teammate; legacy at another school though
90) Jahvonni Simmons VA LB - need a visit to regain momentum once had
91) Jack Jones TN OT/OG
93) Bryce Love NC RB
100) Ricky DeBerry - very legit shot here

Minkah Fitzpatrick, Calvin Ridley, Tavarus McFadden, Jerome Baker, Jacques Patrick, Jarrett Stidham, Torrance Gibson, Christian Wilks, Jeffrey Holland, Taj Griffin, Brian Cole, Lorenzo Nunez are unlikely but we're pursuing.

We could very well end up with 7-10 top 100 players. Of course, ranking will continue to change and we will need to have a winning record this year to do as well or better than last year, but it's very possible - I would even say base case scenario.

VA and NC are extremely important this year, as you can see.

When you look at the DEs we're in on early you begin to realize that Dylan Jackson is destined for the offensive line and a longer-term development. UT has a legitimate shot at 7-8 DEs in the top 100. The DT, DE and OT positions are extremely deep this year and I bet UT splurges with each.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
How is Kahil McKenzie ranked 24th overall, but they have him listed as the 16th best DT?

VN Store

Back