R.I.P RichRollin
4_1267740.jpg

Running Back
Orlando, FL (Olympia)
Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 192 | 40: 4.54

Dexter Williams
Dexter Williams - Yahoo! Sports
Dexter Williams - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

"SIAP but Orlando (Fl.) Olympia RB Dexter Williams tells me Tennessee offered yesterday. They are one of five schools, including Ohio State, Florida, South Carolina, and Miami that have recently offered after her posted a SPARQ score of 117.03 in Orlando, which currently stands as the best in the nation for this year."

-Alex Gleitman

Last edited:
-Looks like he favors Urbs and Ohio State.

"I've been getting a lot of attention since the SPARQ event in Orlando," Williams said.

"All of my training with B-Line Extreme Training paid off and it has helped my recruitment take off. I was reached out to by coaches at Miami, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Ohio State in the last week and they all offered. Rutgers and West Virginia also have been in touch and they might offer soon too."

Stan Drayton is the man leading the charge for the Buckeyes and the OSU running backs came in with a scholarship offer on Thursday to Williams. It was certainly news that excited the rising prospect.

"Coach Drayton and I were talking on Facebook a bit and he asked me to call him. We had a great conversation not just about football, but about what their program could do for me, academics, and how it could impact life outside of football. Then he offered."

Williams continued, "I really like the Ohio State program because Urban Meyer was my favorite coach growing up when he was at Florida. He does great things with all of his teams. Also, Coach Drayton has a great history with running back and that is big for me. Finally, I really like how their staff treats their players and how hard they work to put their players in a position for success."

As far as a visit to Columbus goes, Williams says he plans to get up for a look in March, but he has to sit down with his family and figure things out.

At the current time, he has no favorites, but says one school may be sticking out a bit.

"Right now I'm just taking everything in. I don't really have any favorites, but if I had to say right now, I'm mostly leaning towards Ohio State."

Williams is going to sit down with his family and map out his plan to visit schools over the spring and summer, but many other offers are likely to come his way while he does that.

He's going to take his time with the recruiting process, but won't wait all the way until National Signing Day for a decision.

"I'm not sure when a decision will come, but I'll probably make one during my football season," Williams said.

"I'm going to be looking at a school with great academics, because football doesn't last forever. I want a connection with the coaches and a staff that will be there for me when I need them. I want coaches who will coach me up hard. and keep pushing me past my limits. I also want to be somewhere that the academic people care about students in the classroom and push me past my limits there as well."

6 yards a carry? Pssshhh!

I doubt the kid comes into play at all. Swinney is the guy the staff wants IMO. Bruce could be #2 IF there is room closer to NSD.

Just in case somebody doesn't know about SPARQ (I didn't), it's an athletic assessment for different sports. In football they compile stats from the following:
1) 40-yard days
2) Kneeling power toss
3) Agility shuttle
4) Aerobic test
5) Vertical jump

Seems to just gauge one's overall athleticism, though I wonder how much exercises like #2 (throwing a weighted ball while kneeling) correlate to football.

Reactions: 1 person
Just in case somebody doesn't know about SPARQ (I didn't), it's an athletic assessment for different sports. In football they compile stats from the following:
1) 40-yard days
2) Kneeling power toss
3) Agility shuttle
4) Aerobic test
5) Vertical jump

Seems to just gauge one's overall athleticism, though I wonder how much exercises like #2 (throwing a weighted ball while kneeling) correlate to football.

Would have came in handy in the forties when we tossed the runner over the line with the ball. Hauling hay was probably a better workout then

Reactions: 1 person
“This week I received my first offer from Miami and then right after that Florida and then South Carolina, then Ohio State, then Tennessee,” Williams explained. “I was surprised because I never thought I would start off with big schools coming and it just shocked me. I thought I would start off with something small and then go some big schools. It was the complete opposite of what I expect.”

Tennessee was a school Williams had heard from in the past, but their communication dropped off until recently.

“I had called the Tennessee coach [Robert Gillespie] and we had a good talk. Then right before we were about to hang up he told me it was an official offer and he wanted to get down and see me. Tennessee, I was kind of shocked because my sophomore year and a little my freshman year, they were talking to me a little bit. Then I hadn’t heard from them in a while. For them to pop back up, I thought they had forgot about me. They came back in at the right time. I was really proud of that.”

- 247 (Stampini)

@RyanBartow
4-star RB Dexter Williams has transferred from Orlando (FL) Olympia to Winter Garden (FL) West Orange.

Smart move. Olympia has been trash the last couple yr. Better move would have been Dr. Phillips.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You ain't kidding, it seems they are in the state finals for about every sport here. Does their swim team get beat like rag dolls or something?

"South Carolina and Tennessee have also offered. The No. 19 recruit in Florida will visit Miami on March 1. As a junior, Williams rushed 174 times for 1,072 yards and four touchdowns at Orlando (FL) Olympia. He transferred to Winter Garden (FL) West Orange this week."

"South Carolina and Tennessee have also offered. The No. 19 recruit in Florida will visit Miami on March 1. As a junior, Williams rushed 174 times for 1,072 yards and four touchdowns at Orlando (FL) Olympia. He transferred to Winter Garden (FL) West Orange this week."

If those numbers are correct, that just looks odd to me. 174 carries, over 1000 yards and only got it in the end zone 4 times? Really?

VN Store

Back