4_855691.jpg

Quarterback
Chattanooga, TN
Baylor School
Ht: 6-5 | Wt: 220 | 40: 4.96

Nick Tiano

Nick Tiano - Hudl

Miami just offered.

tiano doesn’t have a specific timeline on his decision but he wants to commit before the season starts. For the time being, he’s keeping his fingers crossed that miami isn’t his only offer much longer.

“i think a lot of schools are close, coach coley said i’ll end up with fifteen offers before spring practice starts,” tiano said. “things could start happening really fast and i’m looking forward to it. I’ll be at west virginia’s junior day on february 22nd and i’ll also go over to tennessee very soon. If anybody’s interested in me, i’m happy to visit.”

tiano wasn’t sure of his junior stats but he estimated around 1800 total yards and 15 touchdowns. His size is obvious, but that’s not all he is.

“i’m labeled as a pocket passer, which is accurate because i’m a big guy with a strong arm, but people don’t realize how athletic i am,” tiano said. “i’m at a 4.8 40, which isn’t blazing fast, but i can still run in certain situations. I can be effective as a big body in short yardage or down around the goal line.”

Michael O'Connor did not light it up against TN Division 2 when he played at Baylor and he ended up being a top quarterback. Tiano and O'Connor had the same OL and running back for the past 2 years.

Has good hands with the ball, improvable (though good now) speed. His senior year should have a lot more offense as he matures. Needs to cut down on interceptions. I think he has what we need in a good pocket passer with running skills when the play breaks down. Bajakian needs to show some Vol love before the hounds are turned loose.

Apparently, he isn't fazed by the bone jarring hits of the 165lb Linebackers they play on a weekly basis!

TianoDozer? :)

I would think Ensworth McCallie MUS Christian Bros. & Webb would have a few players weighing more than 165...

I go to mccallie so I see him play every year. Good QB but nowhere close to the level of other targets at QB. Had a very good senior runningback to rely on last year. Will be interested to see how he performs next year with him gone.

Is this kid a QB target?

"Obviously a big kid with a nice arm. Would want to see him throw in person to know more. Doesn't look like he has a cannon on film and most of his throws are one-read seams down the field.

Intriguing guy for sure, but someone you'd probably want to see in person before pulling the trigger. Just my opinion."

-Fortenberry

Little off topic - Baylor coaching staff has 2 former Vols on it, Mcclure and Westmoreland. Every year we are seeing more and more former Vols on state HS staffs. Gonna be great for recruiting

Reactions: 1 person
"It was good. It was good to spend some time with coach Bajakian and coach (Don) Mahoney, who recruits my area," Tiano said. "I got to talk to coach Jones for a few minutes and that was nice and then see the facilities and the locker room and weight room and all of that was nice, listening to the strength coach about their program. It was just a good day."

"We're definitely comfortable with each other and he wants me to come up again this weekend so we are going to talk this week and see what he has to say and probably will be up here this weekend," Tiano said. "I've been talking with coach Bajakian for about once a week now for a while so we'll just see if they are ready to take the next step."

Miami was the first school to offer last month and Tiano will get a first-hand look at the program later this month when he heads to South Florida. "It was great and exciting for (an offer) to come from a program like that. I'm excited to visit there March 22," Tiano offered. With new interest from several schools, Tiano sees himself taking more trips in the upcoming weeks to North Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and others besides Tennessee and Miami.

"A lot of school are getting in now and coming at me quickly so I'm just going to go on some visits and just go from there," he said.

-VQ

I think we should offer him as a walkon if his dad is prez of miller industries than he's loaded. And I think we only will take 1 QB this class and don't want it to be nick I'm from Chattanooga and I know the level of play is subpar.

I think we should offer him as a walkon if his dad is prez of miller industries than he's loaded. And I think we only will take 1 QB this class and don't want it to be nick I'm from Chattanooga and I know the level of play is subpar.

Miller! I exactly know who those guys are.

"We're definitely comfortable with each other," Tiano said of Jones. "He wants me to come back up next weekend. I'm going to call him…and see what he has to say and we'll probably be back up here next weekend.

"I've been talking with him about once a week for awhile now. So, we'll see if he's ready to take the next step or what."

-scout

Kind of pointless to offer him a WO when he has a full ride from Miami. His fam could be loaded but it's a pride thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Kind of pointless to offer him a WO when he has a full ride from Miami. His fam could be loaded but it's a pride thing.

I agree. If your a recruit with any big time offers, being asked to WO ANYWHERE would be like a slap in the face. Just have to wait and see if the Miami offer is actually committable or they are just "recruiting" him.

I agree. If your a recruit with any big time offers, being asked to WO ANYWHERE would be like a slap in the face. Just have to wait and see if the Miami offer is actually committable or they are just "recruiting" him.

I disagree on the first part, nothing wrong with establishing a relationship in case your latter point proves to be true, especially with a local kid. I think everyone assumes an offer means something these days when half the time they don't.

I posted on football forum and was sent here...no problem...i've been a VOL fan for 5 decades and think this young man will find success in whatever program he choose's...i hope it's the Tennessee Volunteers!

VN Store

Back