'15 IL OL Jack Shutack

"Mostly forgotten in the history books, Jesus's third cousin, Jack of Nazareth, went on to play college football and major in sports management."

Reactions: 7 people
Western Michigan is his only offer but is getting heavy interest from Tennessee, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State.

In a recent interview with Scout he said "A Tennessee Offer would be a dream come true". He has not yet visited Tennessee but plans to in March for a Junior Day. In his free time he has watched Videos on Tennessee's Traditions and History. He also stated that "Tennessee seems like place to be."

Reactions: 4 people
"Another offensive lineman to keep your eye on would be Jack Shutack from La Grange Park, Illinois. The 3-star offensive lineman has offers from a hand full of Big 10 schools, but sources close to Shutack indicated that he could also be looking at the possibility of walking-on with the chance to earn a scholarship at Tennessee. For that to happen, Tennessee will have to beat out the likes of Indiana and the home state school, Illinois. Both of which are offering a scholarship."

- VQ

Reactions: 11 people
"Another offensive lineman to keep your eye on would be Jack Shutack from La Grange Park, Illinois. The 3-star offensive lineman has offers from a hand full of Big 10 schools, but sources close to Shutack indicated that he could also be looking at the possibility of walking-on with the chance to earn a scholarship at Tennessee. For that to happen, Tennessee will have to beat out the likes of Indiana and the home state school, Illinois. Both of which are offering a scholarship."

- VQ

That would be awesome if it happens. Instant VFL hof member.

- VQ

Wow! Very interesting. If we didn't have a legit shot at getting him to walk-on, then I'm sure VQ would not have even mentioned it. This staff never ceases to amaze me.

Man, that would be amazing. Scholarship offers waved to have the opportunity to walk on at Tennessee. If The Butch wants , The Butch gets

If I were the kid's dad, I would be saying, "So, you want to go somewhere further from home and you want me to pay out of state tuition to do it, when schools closer to home, are offering to pay your way?"

I would have a hard time agreeing to do that, even if I had the money.

Reactions: 2 people
If I were the kid's dad, I would be saying, "So, you want to go somewhere further from home and you want me to pay out of state tuition to do it, when schools closer to home, are offering to pay your way?"

Sometimes that orange just flows through your veins.

Also, it's not the case for him but 4 years of out of state tuition at UT cost me less than 2 years of in state grad school in Illinois.

I have a hard time with that also, without my orange colored glasses on..

Watched his Hudl highlights... he mauls kids at the HS level. Seems to have good strength but his technique and foot speed will need work. Would be a great prospect if he walks on.

I have a hard time with that also, without my orange colored glasses on..

For me and my kids it would be: if that's what you want and I have plenty to afford it, then go experience it. Couple ways to look at it I think. And we have no idea what his parents pull in. 40k might be chump change to them..

Reactions: 1 person
For me and my kids it would be: if that's what you want and I have plenty to afford it, then go experience it. Couple ways to look at it I think. And we have no idea what his parents pull in. 40k might be chump change to them..

Or maybe he's eligible for an academic scholarship. I have no actual info, just a possibility.

Reactions: 1 person
La Grange Park = kid's family can afford UT tuition.

Seems Dust you are right. The average cost of a home in the La Grange area is around 400,000. Now I know that does not mean that his family could afford him to walk on but it definitely is a higher price neighborhood

NegaVol Dad

Reactions: 2 people

If he goes to Naz Academy, he's got money

Wow! Very interesting. If we didn't have a legit shot at getting him to walk-on, then I'm sure VQ would not have even mentioned it. This staff never ceases to amaze me.

Might he be a blue shirt candidate, and the walk-on talk is a smokescreen?

VN Store

Back