'15 TN ATH Vincent Perry (UT commit 10/8/14)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_1261762.jpg

Athlete
Nashville, Tennessee
Hillsboro
View Map
Ht:5'10"
Wt:175 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Vincent Perry - Yahoo! Sports

Vincent Perry

Vincent Perry - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Hey guys, just wanted to give you some thoughts on what we saw at the Playmakers 7-on-7 tryouts in Nashville today.

A couple of guys stood out today were 2015 defensive back Ugo Amadi, 2015 athlete Vincent Perry, 2015 running back KeShawn Vaughn and Tennessee commitment Jaylond Woods.

Vincent Perry continues to generate a good buzz and I'll be interested to see if he continues to pick up interested the next few weeks/months as he gets out to camps. Tennessee certainly knows about him and he's talked to Thigpen. Perry is certainly known for his speed and he's a guy despite playing in just two games after transferring schools, his highlight film is generating a good buzz. At about 5-11, 170-pounds he's not the biggest guy, but he's someone in the slot that will play in the SEC.

-Fortenberry

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
"It was really crazy. It came really fast. It all came this past month," Perry said. "Coach Meyer from Ohio State checked on me, coach Thigpen did as well, Virginia, Purdue, they all came by."

"I hope to see Purdue, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Ohio State and Tennessee," Perry said of schools he hopes to visit this spring.

Pery admits he doesn't know much about the Vols early on, he likes what he's heard from Thigpen. "I don't know much about Tennessee's program. When I talked to coach Thigpen he seemed like a pretty cool guy," Perry added.

Perry, also a standout on the diamond, said he wants to play both baseball and football at the next level.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
From the IFM Playermaker's Academy

Breakout potential: Vincent Perry, WR, Nashville (Tenn.) Hillsboro
Perry only played two games in the fall due to transfer rules but he made a huge impact in those two games. On Sunday he was clearly one of the most dynamic and athletic prospects in attendance and his recruitment should blow up as soon as coaches are able to eyeball him.-247 Sports

Reactions: 2 people
tennessee has offered three-star athlete vincent perry out of nashville (tenn.) hillsboro. The offer is perry's second sec offer with kentucky extending an offer back in the spring.

At 5-10, 170 pounds, perry is a dynamic, explosive athlete that is also a standout on the baseball field and a college prospect in that realm. As of yet, perry has remained largely under the radar due to missing most of his junior season to transfer rules. In the 2.5 games he did play, perry was dominant. He could project to cornerback, wide receiver or running back on the next level.

Also of note, perry is the teammate of tennessee target kyle phillips. Recently both visited lsu were perry camped and attracted significant interest from the tiger coaching staff.

Was told back in spring by his HS coaches that he would explode this year. They think he is big time and only reason he is a sleeper is due to sitting out last yr due to transfer and injury. Bama and some others have also been keeping tabs on him.

Doubt its a package deal. Small, explosive players like Perry work great in a spread system. Oregon has thrived with players similar to Perry.

I mean, it's still a package deal. Doesn't mean one part of the package sucks.

The Berries were a package deal.

Package deals work- Signed Bo Hardegree

Some do, some do not. I'm not a fan of taking a package deal if 1 of the kids in the deal is not an SEC caliber player. If the coaches think Perry can play in the SEC, I say go for it. If it helps land Phillips, great.

I mean, it's still a package deal. Doesn't mean one part of the package sucks.

The Berries were a package deal.

A package deal is offering one player to get another. I don't think UT offered Perry to pull Phillips. They would take Perry without Phillips IMO.

Package deals work- Signed Bo Hardegree

Except Perry has talent. Bo couldn't throw a 15 yd out in HS and was only offered cuz of Brooks. It worked for Bo and Cutcliffe in the end. Bo had been with Cut at Duke and now is with Broncos.

If this is for WR makes me wonder about Van Jefferson. With limited scholarships you dont add this kid at WR if you think Van is on board.

Would have to think its for DB, or at least I hope.

Is this kid a possible safety?

McGraw flips to Bama instead of us, and we instantly throw out another DB offer

VN Store

Back